Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
M380 Slide Seal Development
02-15-2013, 14:41 (This post was last modified: 02-15-2013 14:44 by davidbrady.)
RE: M380 Slide Seal Development
(02-15-2013 14:37)Robert Britton Wrote:  David, thanks for looking into this. I've been told (but have not verified myself) that OEM seals with the molded corners for the M380 are still available?? Mine is going on nine years old with no leaks so seems the original design is a good one. Has anyone looked into buying OEM replacements...pros--cons?

Hi Robert,

Welcome to the forum!

I don't know who the OEM is. Nonetheless, it is a good seal that people have few problems with. Once Roger looks at it I'll get his opinion as to whatever upgrades might be warranted. I know that if we do it thru DRI and if we do it without molded retainer corners, the price will be very attractive. Once again, DRI will make money at a reasonable profit margin and I have no financial interest. Now we need some M380 owners to volunteer! Smile BTW, the seal profile as shown in the third photo above is a standard profile in most air seal vendor's portfolios including DRI's and Seal Masters; however, the actual dimensions are slightly different from what DRI has stocked on its shelves, so a new extrusion will be required.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: M380 Slide Seal Development - davidbrady - 02-15-2013 14:41

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)