Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Bezels for Spring
05-11-2016, 19:29
New Bezels for Spring
Really long story short, when I was on my way home from the purchase of my "new" coach, I was driving through that very nasty storm in Utah back in September of 2015. When I pulled in for fuel in Nebraska, I noticed I lost the left front bezel somewhere in the storm. It was suggested to me that when I build the new bezels, I should use LED's instead of the stock lights and reflectors. New fiberglass bezels with Halo LED's. I updated the lower turn signal with the same LED's. All lights turn on and blink simultaneously. Here are some photos of my results.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes cruisergeek's post
05-11-2016, 23:26 (This post was last modified: 05-12-2016 09:25 by mikebulriss.)
RE: New Bezels for Spring
Really nice job. How did you do it if you lost the original? Without the original, what did you use as a mold for laying out the fiberglass? Got any pictures of the back sides to see how you fabricated the mounting studs?

Mike Bulriss
2001 LXi43 DS
San Antonio, TX
05-12-2016, 15:41
What part number Halo LED did you use? Great job on upgrade!

Morey Zuber
99LXi41
05-12-2016, 17:02
Hello Marty,

That's a beautiful job. Mike, Marty replaced both bezels with a pair of fiberglass ones that Randy Dupree is selling for replacements. I understand that he had to do a lot of rework on them to get them to fit properly. Marty owns a tool and die shop so he was well equipped to do the job correctly. The original Lexan bezels were attached with heavy duty Velcro. I suspect he found a better way to attach them.

chuck

Chuck & Tela Millsap
2003 Prevost Marathon XLII
2000 LXi #2 S/S (Sold)
2004 M380 D/S (Sold)
2000 LXi #1 N/S (Sold
05-14-2016, 01:20 (This post was last modified: 05-14-2016 10:11 by cruisergeek.)
I found the halo LED's on eBay. The part number is 2-37131.

I used the existing sub-structure and glued the new fiberglass bezels to the substructure with a 2-part epoxy. I will post a picture of the LED's on in a dark setting when I get a chance. They are very bright.

Sorry for not posting sooner, I had a few things nagging at me I had to take care of.

Cheers!!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)