Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Summer travels
02-16-2013, 21:14
RE: Summer travels
While a 6 day b-line wouldn't work out for young kids, if you really have 3 months to hang out once you get there, then why the rush?

Why not take it slow on the go and the return, and shave a few days off the stay?

I know it's not easy but maybe workable with a more flexible schedule?

J

Jennifer and Darrell Snell
2000 LXi ME SS
Florida - Palm Harbor and McAlpin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-16-2013, 21:21 (This post was last modified: 02-16-2013 21:24 by davidbrady.)
(02-16-2013 21:14)Ms. Bee Wrote:  While a 6 day b-line wouldn't work out for young kids, if you really have 3 months to hang out once you get there, then why the rush?

Why not take it slow on the go and the return, and shave a few days off the stay?

J

Ahhh, a voice of reason. Thanks Jennifer! I guess I'm being selfish. See, the 6 day marathon trip (usually 5) is what I live for, as in the journey is more fun than the destination. I love getting up in the morning, checking the systems, and hitting the road for a long day of piloting 50,000 pounds down the road, and doing day after day... especially west of the Mississippi. Puddle jumping across, spending time at each little place, kinda takes that thrill away. Oh well, before kids we did it my way, now there's new thrills and joys along the way... sigh! Sad

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
02-16-2013, 21:24
Ed and Bob- if your travels bring you close to me, stop by and we can have a mini rally
02-16-2013, 21:31 (This post was last modified: 02-16-2013 22:24 by Ms. Bee.)
(02-16-2013 21:14)Ms. Bee Wrote:  While a 6 day b-line wouldn't work out for young kids, if you really have 3 months to hang out once you get there, then why the rush?

J

Why not fit in Colorado too? We did when we left CA to travel to Florida.
Being that it was summer, August, and the Friendship Hwy 10, is very hot, we took a northern route and dropped down thru Salt Lake City, and went through Colorado.

Nice trip!

Think out of the box. Take shorter stops with kids, and take longer layovers. Enjoy them, enjoying life and the trip.Smile These are times they will always remember and never forget. Traveling slower for kids adds many more opportunities for enjoyment that otherwise might be missed for you too! Big Grin

Learn to stop and smell the roses.

Life goes by quickly and is truly irreplaceable

You can do it!

J.

As if...I haven't said enough already!!!

But I really like this old song by Seals and Crofts, and I don't know why exactly this came to mind, and it's another version I found by a couple of good guys that gave me laugh. They are kind of good!

So enjoy, because we all may never pass this way again.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W59e2OgFk_s

Jennifer and Darrell Snell
2000 LXi ME SS
Florida - Palm Harbor and McAlpin
02-16-2013, 23:12
"Sail our ships out on the open sea. Cast away our fears", Thanks BeeBee! Smile

david brady,

02-16-2013, 23:59
David, our trip includes Durango the last week of July, come join us. Our friends have young ones!

Bruce & Sally Summerlin
2000LXi. 2011 Jeep Wrangler
Germantown, TN
02-17-2013, 11:04 (This post was last modified: 02-17-2013 11:19 by al perna.)
(02-16-2013 09:53)ernie ekberg Wrote:  Brenda and I will be traveling to Montana to our oldest grandsons' high school graduation. He has a scholarship to Westminster in Utah. We are proud grandparents.

Ernnie
You better fix that sig line before the sig poice show upTongue

al perna
2000 LXI
ormond Fla

(02-16-2013 21:02)davidmbrady Wrote:  Seems I don't do any travel that isn't children related. It's either a trip to Disney World or to my folks in Harrisburg Pa with a side trip to Strasburg to take in some Steam (Locomotives, that is). This summer will be no different. While I'd love to make a b-line to California wine country and just hang out for 3 months, I don't think my little ones could handle 6 days on the road. Instead, I'm lobbying hard for a trip to Durango Colorado for, what else, Steam! Smile

David
If you have the time to get away , taking the kids out for 2 months is a must . Erika and I have done it and it is the family bonding to the Max .
First thing you need is a Prevost Entertainer Coach , ours had 6 bunks and a stateroom . we even brought my dad along for the rare times Erika and I were able to get away for a few hours .
go to BUSFORSALE.COM . the owners name is John Spellings , he is a good guy . They are located outside Nashville Tn.
PM me if you wish to hear more .

al perna
2000 LXI

al perna
2000 LXI
ormond beach fla
02-17-2013, 12:59
(02-16-2013 23:59)BruceSummerlin Wrote:  David, our trip includes Durango the last week of July, come join us. Our friends have young ones!

Thanks for the invitation Bruce. I'd love to meet up some day. This year is my father's 75th birthday and it's in late July. Some day... Smile

(02-17-2013 11:04)al perna Wrote:  David
If you have the time to get away , taking the kids out for 2 months is a must . Erika and I have done it and it is the family bonding to the Max .
First thing you need is a Prevost Entertainer Coach , ours had 6 bunks and a stateroom . we even brought my dad along for the rare times Erika and I were able to get away for a few hours .
go to BUSFORSALE.COM . the owners name is John Spellings , he is a good guy . They are located outside Nashville Tn.
PM me if you wish to hear more .

al perna
2000 LXI

Hey Al, You're absolutely right. I need bunks and I need them now! I'll check out your link and PM or call you. Thanks!

david brady,

02-17-2013, 15:17
Hows' This?

Ernie Ekberg
Prevost Liberty Classic XL
Weatherford, Tx
http://www.ernieekbergflooring.net
02-18-2013, 12:39 (This post was last modified: 02-18-2013 12:39 by pgchin.)
(02-16-2013 21:02)davidmbrady Wrote:  While I'd love to make a b-line to California wine country and just hang out for 3 months,

Yup, what he said. I plan on personally drinking my way through each winery the wife picked out this year! :-) (A long awaited celebration of sorts) Ice wines in Iowa, pacific north west, ending in North Callie. 5 months this year alone. Will save southern Callie for the next trip. The uline ice maker is history and replaced with a wine frig! :-0......................all set!

Pete and Donna Chin
95 42' WLWB
On The Road Always! :-)
" We'll raise up our glasses against evil forces singing,
Whiskey for my men, and beer for my horses!"
-Toby Keith & Willie Nelson
- The bridge from Toby Keith's title album track "beer for my horses"

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)