Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Squirrells and TV antenna components
02-21-2008, 04:21

After I came home from Montana, last year, I parked under our pecan trees. Yesterday, I left for points west and upon arrival in Haskell- where is that place? Texas, I tried to raise my antenna. Nothing. I went up on the roof and found out that the rodents had made a nest inside the antenna box. Not only did they make themselves at home, they ate good, too. They chewed through all the wiring for the motor and the safety micro-switch. This made viewing any tv null and void. And in Haskell, Tx, that was one boring nite.
Today, I took out the pivot pin and was able to manually raise the antenna. And with the help of a spare bungee cord, I can now see what is on tv that is not worth watching. So if you have squirrrells, beware- this would be a good item to periodically inspect.
Ernie Ekberg
83PT40
Haskell, Tx- till Fri noon

Delicious ideas to please the pickiest eaters. Watch the video on AOL Living.
Quote this message in a reply
02-21-2008, 17:20
Ernie, The trick is to eat them before they eat your property.They are high in the Big "C", so I have heard! I tell you now, if they were eating my Nuts, I would darn sure get rid of them quick! Have a safe trip. George Burke 1977 FC31 Charlotte

On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 4:21 PM, <"erniecarpet@aol.com"> wrote:

After I came home from Montana, last year, I parked under our pecan trees. Yesterday, I left for points west and upon arrival in Haskell- where is that place? Texas, I tried to raise my antenna. Nothing. I went up on the roof and found out that the rodents had made a nest inside the antenna box. Not only did they make themselves at home, they ate good, too. They chewed through all the wiring for the motor and the safety micro-switch. This made viewing any tv null and void. And in Haskell, Tx, that was one boring nite.
Today, I took out the pivot pin and was able to manually raise the antenna. And with the help of a spare bungee cord, I can now see what is on tv that is not worth watching. So if you have squirrrells, beware- this would be a good item to periodically inspect.
Ernie Ekberg
83PT40
Haskell, Tx- till Fri noon

Delicious ideas to please the pickiest eaters. Watch the video on AOL Living.

02-22-2008, 02:12
When I lived in Mississippi, I ate MANY squirrels and dumplins.
Actually taste pretty good. Just not much meat on those bones.

Paul
97wb43
Silver Spring, MD

--- In WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com, "George Burke"
wrote:
>
> Ernie, The trick is to eat them before they eat your property.They
are high
> in the Big "C", so I have heard! I tell you now, if they were eating my
> Nuts, I would darn sure get rid of them quick! Have a safe trip. George
> Burke 1977 FC31 Charlotte

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)