Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
H E L P ! ! !
03-24-2008, 14:00
H E L P ! ! !
Wow Bill!
That IS a long trip but it sounds like you had a great time. Very good wisdom about the 10k. "$quanderlodge". Did you make that up? Is it the name of your coach? After your email I feel really close to all the states that now have BB for sale.
Blessings from
Deborah a PT hopeful in
Price, Utah

jim riordan wrote:
Is that MPH or KPH?

Wilhelmus Schreurs yahoo.ca> wrote:
Deborah:
Well, you think Price, Utah is far away from everything.
I bought a coach two years ago from Randy Dupree, he lives in Gainseville Florida, and I live just south of Alaska panhandle, now that is one long trip to make.
What we did find is lovely people, made friends along the way, and even more friends at the Buellton Rally - all of these owned the wonderful Wanderlodge.
Dive in, ask questions if you have problems or concerns and just have fun.
One thing to mention, have another $10,000 dollars handy for all the little things that you want done to get things the way you want them or the way they should work.

On our trip home, we had a wonderful time, I drove through every kind of weather, almost every kind of traffic, and even turned the wrong way, but only once LOL. To top this off, I did this with a 25
foot car hauler in tow.

And for all those folks, with the 4:11 gears and 12R22.5 tires I topped out at 78 mph, along the Texas flats.
Bill 84 FC 35 SB "$quanderlodge"
Terrace, B.C. Canada

Looking for the perfect gift? Give the gift of Flickr!

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find
them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Quote this message in a reply
03-25-2008, 01:03
H E L P ! ! !
ouchh!!!

Stephen 77fc35
dupreeproducts.com

--- In WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com, jim riordan wrote:
>
> Is that MPH or KPH?
>
03-25-2008, 12:21
H E L P ! ! !
Hi all, yes the name $quanderlodge is the present name of the coach, itbelonged to the previous owner, butit willbe put it up on ebay to the highest bidder soon LOL.
I love this part of the country but like anywhere it has its pitfalls, parts availability, and comardareship with other owners. We have attended a few rallies but travelled many miles, the closest was about 1000 miles.
We have used our coach somewhat, not anywhere as much as I would like to, and I don't really care about the cost of fuel, (presently $1.32per litre)the bus is to be driven LOTS, and it likes it best that way. We took it to a friends 50th anniversary in Lethbridge Alberta, return trip about 2000 miles, what a pleasure to drive and stay in.
We have two dogs and don't have to worry about places to stay and things like that.
Without the trailer, the bus feels like a "Porsche", it has lots of giddyup and go,not so with the trailer behind.
With the PT's I do not know of the gear ratio's, but with the FC, it depends where one lives. Living in the hilly country of BC, the 4:11 gear ratio is tootall, and from what I understand the 5:29 would be too low, I think the 4:88 or 4:56 would be the best all roundcruiser, both on the flats and in the hills.
Jim - yes 78MPH top speed at 2600 rpm, and with new shocks, new tires and everything else that seems to work right, it does not wander or steer bad either - a real pleasure to drive.
Deborah - don't overlook these older coaches, they are nice, and some folks have done some nice modifications to them.
There are enough experienced people on the net here to look at a coach with you, and don't be shy in asking, most of us would be more than willing to go along and help you out.
Good luck - don't forget to look in those barns that you pass either, who knows there might be one hidden away.
Terrace, B.C. Canada

03-25-2008, 12:43
H E L P ! ! !
Thank you Bill for your advice. Yes my husband, Rollin and I like the older ones. We will be looking for $quanderlodge on ebay to see her pics. It has been fun looking at these on line and hopefully someday soon we will get to meet one personally. Best wishes on the sale of yours.
Deborah

Wilhelmus Schreurs wrote:
Hi all, yes the name $quanderlodge is the present name of the coach,
itbelonged to the previous owner, butit willbe put it up on ebay to the highest bidder soon LOL.
I love this part of the country but like anywhere it has its pitfalls, parts availability, and comardareship with other owners. We have attended a few rallies but travelled many miles, the closest was about 1000 miles.
We have used our coach somewhat, not anywhere as much as I would like to, and I don't really care about the cost of fuel, (presently $1.32per litre)the bus is to be driven LOTS, and it likes it best that way. We took it to a friends 50th anniversary in Lethbridge Alberta, return trip about 2000 miles, what a pleasure to drive and stay in.
We have two dogs and don't have to worry about places to stay and things like that.
Without the trailer, the bus feels like a "Porsche", it has lots of giddyup and go,not so with the trailer behind.
With the PT's I
do not know of the gear ratio's, but with the FC, it depends where one lives. Living in the hilly country of BC, the 4:11 gear ratio is tootall, and from what I understand the 5:29 would be too low, I think the 4:88 or 4:56 would be the best all roundcruiser, both on the flats and in the hills.
Jim - yes 78MPH top speed at 2600 rpm, and with new shocks, new tires and everything else that seems to work right, it does not wander or steer bad either - a real pleasure to drive.
Deborah - don't overlook these older coaches, they are nice, and some folks have done some nice modifications to them.
There are enough experienced people on the net here to look at a coach with you, and don't be shy in asking, most of us would be more than willing to go along and help you out.
Good luck - don't forget to look in those barns that you pass either, who knows there might be one hidden
away.
Terrace, B.C. Canada

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.
03-25-2008, 16:30
H E L P ! ! !
Man, that's fast I bet those prevosts' get annoyed when you blow past them, the best I do on flat land with my wrangler in tow is 75...

Hi all, yes the name $quanderlodge is the present name of the coach, itbelonged to the previous owner, butit willbe put it up on ebay to the highest bidder soon LOL.
I love this part of the country but like anywhere it has
its pitfalls, parts availability, and comardareship with other owners. We have attended a few rallies but travelled many miles, the closest was about 1000 miles.
With the PT's I do not know of the gear ratio's, but with the FC, it depends where one lives. Living in the hilly country of BC, the 4:11 gear ratio is tootall, and from what I
understand the 5:29 would be too low, I think the 4:88 or 4:56 would be the best all roundcruiser, both on the flats and in the hills.
Good luck - don't forget to look in those barns that you pass either, who knows there might be one hidden away.
Terrace, B.C. Canada

03-26-2008, 04:13
H E L P ! ! !

Deborah:

Sorry I misled you. The coach will not be for sale, only the "name" LOL

Terrace, B.C. Canada

----- Original Message ----
To: WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, March 25, 2008 4:43:18 PM
Subject: Re: [WanderlodgeForum] Re: H E L P ! ! !

Thank you Bill for your advice. Yes my husband, Rollin and I like the older ones. We will be looking for $quanderlodge on ebay to see her pics. It has been fun looking at these on line and hopefully someday soon we will get to meet one personally. Best wishes on the sale of yours.
Deborah

With the PT's I do not know of the gear ratio's, but with the FC, it depends where one lives. Living in the hilly country of BC, the 4:11 gear ratio is tootall, and from what I understand the 5:29 would be too low, I think the 4:88 or 4:56 would be the best all roundcruiser, both on the flats and in the hills.
Terrace, B.C. Canada

Be smarter than spam. See how smart SpamGuard is at giving junk email the boot with the All-new Yahoo! Mail

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)