Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maiden Voyage Complete!!!
06-16-2008, 04:23
1. Ignition key  must be "on" for the jacks to work. 
Press and release the "on" button -- some lights should come on. Then press and release the "on" button again -- that puts the jacks into "auto" mode. There will be a delay with much light flashing on the panel. Then you will hear the hydraulic pump come on and eventually the jacks will level the coach.
If there are no lights when the ignition key is on -- then there's likely a tripped breaker or another electrical problem. 
You can check to ensure that there's sufficient hydraulic fluid. The access is under the 2nd step in the door way. It's rare that it's low (good thing since checking it is a pain), so that's an unlikely situation.
Finally, the level sensor is located on the forward bulkhead of the first storage bay near the top of the compartment. Make sure that nothing is interfering with it and that it isn't damaged. (Otherwise, you don't want to mess with it.)
Note: when lowering jacks onto gravel/dirt or asphalt paving, it's best to put something under them to pad them. I use 3/4" plywood rectangles I made. They improve the stability on unpaved surfaces and keep the jacks from punching dents into asphalt paving (ask me how I know this). Pads aren't usually necessary when over concrete.
2. Kool-o-matic fan is controlled by the almost-square, brown thermostat on the wall at mid coach. On the bottom is a "heat-cool" switch and an "auto-off-on" switch. Set the thermostat switch to off. 
Also set the thermostat to a high temperature -- then the Kool-o-matic should shut down.
Smaller issues ...  Bring 'em on! And, welcome to the Blue Bird family!
Pete Masterson
'95 Blue Bird Wanderlodge WBDA 42
El Sobrante CA
"aeonix1@mac.com"

On Jun 15, 2008, at 7:00 PM, coreyg67 wrote:

Well, our new to us 96' WLWB is safe at home.  We flew to Houston yesterday morning 
and drove to Wimberley, then came on home today.  
What a pleasant experience this has been for us.  The coach was in every bit as good of 
shape as described, better than I expected.  We drove a little over 500miles, and truely 
made the trip without a glitch.
Now for my first questions,  I have the same door problems as addressed in the door seal 
thread, so I'm going to try the remedies previously posted before asking additional 
questions.  
i am having two problems,
1.  I cant get the leveling system to power up, so I have no ability to level the coach.  I'm 
not familiar with using jacks, as our last coach used the air to level, but I cant get a light 
to flicker on the control pad, so I don't know where to go from there.
2.  There is a kool o matic fan in the galley, the fan runs all the time, and i absolutely 
cant find a switch or rheostat to control the fan.  So currently it runs all the time and like 
a dummy, I don't know where to turn it off.  
I have several smaller issues, but I will address these 1 by 1 to make sure I get 
everything completed before taking on the next task.
Corey,
No longer a Wannabe!!!
------------------------------------
Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional
<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)
<*> To change settings via email:
    "WanderlodgeForum-digest@yahoogroups.com" 
    "WanderlodgeForum-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com"
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    "WanderlodgeForum-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com"
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
Quote this message in a reply
06-16-2008, 05:03
There is a panel on the front of your coach with 20+ "screws" holding it in place. (Note, those "screws" are 1/4 turn fasteners with a spring behind them.) Use a screw driver, press "in" and turn counter-clockwise, the the fastener should pop-out (but remain in it's place -- they don't come all the way out). 
The panel (made of fiberglas) is heavy and may 'stick' to the weather seal a bit. You may need to use a thin-blade screwdriver to get the panel to come away. Try not to drop it as you might chip the paint. 
Once you're "in" the leveling jacks are controlled by "SK24" a 15 amp fuse. Also "SK69" is associated with "leveling jack ign/step ign trigger."
Obviously, if the breaker has flipped (or fuse has blown) you'll need to determine why this occurred. It is possible that there was a situation where the jacks were briefly overloaded and the breaker tripping is non-serious. But it is also possible that there is a more serious problem. A multi-meter is helpful.
Note: you can download a chart I prepared for my coach (a '95 but likely very similar) for the front power center from 
<http://homepage.mac.com/aeonix1/> File is named "LOAD_CENTER-FRT_95WL42.pdf"
Another non-intuitive hint. The AC switches on the driver's dash panel must be turned on for the heaters to work. AquaHot heat is controlled by the AC thermostats by setting the right-hand switch to "gas heat". You also need to turn on the "AH" switch on the dash panel (upper left quadrant , second row of the largest switch and instrument display).
Pete Masterson
El Sobrante CA
"aeonix1@mac.com"

On Jun 16, 2008, at 7:07 AM, coreyg67 wrote:

Well 1 problem crossed off the list.  I found the thermostat and turned off the fan.  I 
knew it was going to be something simple, I just couldnt figure out where they had 
hidden the control.
As far as the jacks, I'm still stuck.  i cant get power to the control panel to even operate 
the system.  I'm familiar with how the system functions, but I kill the motor, turn the key 
to the on position, press the button on the pad, and nothing.  No lights, no indicators, 
no noises, its like I'm pressing on a blank wall.  I'm sure there is a fuse or breaker 
somewhere that is tripped or blown, but I have no idea where it might be located.  
I'm sorry for the questions, but I've never had anyone instruct me on the Bluebird, or 
where any of its systems and controls are locate, so it feels as if I'm on a treasure hunt 
most of the time.
Thanks again
Corey
--- In "WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com", "coreyg67" wrote:
Well, our new to us 96' WLWB is safe at home.  We flew to Houston yesterday morning 
What a pleasant experience this has been for us.  The coach was in every bit as good 
of 
shape as described, better than I expected.  We drove a little over 500miles, and truely 
Now for my first questions,  I have the same door problems as addressed in the door 
seal 
thread, so I'm going to try the remedies previously posted before asking additional 
questions.  
1.  I cant get the leveling system to power up, so I have no ability to level the coach.  
I'm 
not familiar with using jacks, as our last coach used the air to level, but I cant get a 
light 
2.  There is a kool o matic fan in the galley, the fan runs all the time, and i absolutely 
cant find a switch or rheostat to control the fan.  So currently it runs all the time and 
I have several smaller issues, but I will address these 1 by 1 to make sure I get 
Corey,
No longer a Wannabe!!!
------------------------------------
Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> Your email settings:
    (Yahoo! ID required)
    "WanderlodgeForum-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com"
06-16-2008, 07:24

In a message dated 6/16/2008 8:07:55 A.M. Central Standard Time, corey@... writes:
I'm sorry for the questions,
Corey-- don't feel sorry for asking questions. that's why this forum was started.
Ernie Ekberg
83PT40
Livingston, Montana

Gas prices getting you down? Search AOL Autos for fuel-efficient used cars.
06-16-2008, 08:36
Larry:

I got the bus back on Friday -- in time to pack and leave on Saturday.

It was sent up clean and ready to pack, We are now shaking it out to find
the undiscovered problems.

Life is good in Maine!

Mike
'97 BMC 40'

Michael Brody
P.O. Box 281
Dresher, PA 19025
(V) 215-572-0663
(F) 215-572-6992
06-16-2008, 10:39
Do you have a "Level Master" switch on your dash and is it on?

Scott Forman
86 PT38
Memphis

--- In WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com, "coreyg67" wrote:
>
> Well 1 problem crossed off the list. I found the thermostat and
turned off the fan. I
> knew it was going to be something simple, I just couldnt figure out
where they had
> hidden the control.
>
> As far as the jacks, I'm still stuck. i cant get power to the
control panel to even operate
> the system. I'm familiar with how the system functions, but I kill
the motor, turn the key
> to the on position, press the button on the pad, and nothing. No
lights, no indicators,
> no noises, its like I'm pressing on a blank wall. I'm sure there
is a fuse or breaker
> somewhere that is tripped or blown, but I have no idea where it
might be located.
>
> I'm sorry for the questions, but I've never had anyone instruct me
on the Bluebird, or
> where any of its systems and controls are locate, so it feels as if
I'm on a treasure hunt
> most of the time.
>
> Thanks again
> Corey
>
> --- In WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com, "coreyg67" wrote:
> >
> > Well, our new to us 96' WLWB is safe at home. We flew to Houston
yesterday morning
> > and drove to Wimberley, then came on home today.
> >
> > What a pleasant experience this has been for us. The coach was
in every bit as good
> of
> > shape as described, better than I expected. We drove a little
over 500miles, and truely
> > made the trip without a glitch.
> >
> > Now for my first questions, I have the same door problems as
addressed in the door
> seal
> > thread, so I'm going to try the remedies previously posted before
asking additional
> > questions.
> >
> > i am having two problems,
> >
> > 1. I cant get the leveling system to power up, so I have no
ability to level the coach.
> I'm
> > not familiar with using jacks, as our last coach used the air to
level, but I cant get a
> light
> > to flicker on the control pad, so I don't know where to go from
there.
> >
> > 2. There is a kool o matic fan in the galley, the fan runs all
the time, and i absolutely
> > cant find a switch or rheostat to control the fan. So currently
it runs all the time and
> like
> > a dummy, I don't know where to turn it off.
> >
> > I have several smaller issues, but I will address these 1 by 1 to
make sure I get
> > everything completed before taking on the next task.
> >
> > Corey,
> > No longer a Wannabe!!!
> >
>
06-16-2008, 14:29
Every BB door I have ever seen has the same problem, if it is a problem. It is built like a tank so you live with it or let it fall off. lol. Now I hear about air locking doors. I cannot wait to have one of those.
On my coach, the thermostat that controls that kool o matic fan is the same thermostat that controls the space Cadet front electric toe heater in my coach.. My control is located over my left pilot shoulder between the pilot window and the roadside couch window. The front a/c heat master switch must be on for it to work.

Leroy Eckert
1990 WB-40 Royale
Dahlonega, GA
Smoke N Mirrors

--- On Mon, 6/16/08, Pete Masterson wrote:

Subject: Re: [WanderlodgeForum] Re: Maiden Voyage Complete!!!
To: WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, June 16, 2008, 1:03 PM

There is a panel on the front of your coach with 20+ "screws" holding it in place. (Note, those "screws" are 1/4 turn fasteners with a spring behind them.) Use a screw driver, press "in" and turn counter-clockwise, the the fastener should pop-out (but remain in it's place -- they don't come all the way out).

The panel (made of fiberglas) is heavy and may 'stick' to the weather seal a bit. You may need to use a thin-blade screwdriver to get the panel to come away. Try not to drop it as you might chip the paint.
Once you're "in" the leveling jacks are controlled by "SK24" a 15 amp fuse. Also "SK69" is associated with "leveling jack ign/step ign trigger."
Obviously, if the breaker has flipped (or fuse has blown) you'll need to determine why this occurred. It is possible that there was a situation where the jacks were briefly overloaded and the breaker tripping is non-serious. But it
is also possible that there is a more serious problem. A multi-meter is helpful.
Note: you can download a chart I prepared for my coach (a '95 but likely very similar) for the front power center from
<http://homepage. mac.com/aeonix1/> File is named "LOAD_CENTER- FRT_95WL42. pdf"
Another non-intuitive hint. The AC switches on the driver's dash panel must be turned on for the heaters to work. AquaHot heat is controlled by the AC thermostats by setting the right-hand switch to "gas heat". You also need to turn on the "AH" switch on the dash panel (upper left quadrant , second row of the largest switch and instrument display).
Pete Masterson
El Sobrante CA
"aeonix1@mac.com"

On Jun 16, 2008, at 7:07 AM, coreyg67 wrote:

Well 1 problem crossed off the list. I found the thermostat and turned off the fan. I
knew it was going to be something simple, I just couldnt figure out where they had
hidden the control.
As far as the jacks, I'm still stuck. i cant get power to the control panel to even operate
the system. I'm familiar with how the system functions, but I kill the motor, turn the key
to the on position, press the button on the pad, and nothing. No lights, no indicators,
no noises, its like I'm pressing on a blank wall. I'm sure there is a fuse or breaker
somewhere that is tripped or blown, but I have no idea where it might be located.
I'm sorry for the questions, but I've never had anyone instruct me on the Bluebird, or
where any of its systems and controls are locate, so it feels as if I'm on a treasure hunt
most of the time.
Thanks again
Corey
--- In "WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com", "coreyg67" wrote:
Well, our new to us 96' WLWB is safe at home. We flew to Houston yesterday morning
What a pleasant experience this has been for us. The coach was in every bit as good
of
shape as described, better than I expected. We drove a little over 500miles, and truely
Now for my first questions, I have the same door problems as addressed in the door
seal
questions.
1. I cant get the leveling
system to power up, so I have no ability to level the coach.
I'm
not familiar with using jacks, as our last coach used the air to level, but I cant get a
light
2. There is a kool o matic fan in the galley, the fan runs all the time, and i absolutely
cant find a switch or rheostat to control the fan. So currently it runs all the time and
Corey,
No longer a Wannabe!!!
------------ --------- --------- ------
Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> Your email
settings:
(Yahoo! ID required)
06-16-2008, 14:32
2 thermosatat near the galley should run that fan!
1 sounds like no power
Jim Riordan
coreyg67 wrote:
Well, our new to us 96' WLWB is safe at home. We flew to Houston yesterday morning

What a pleasant experience this has been for us. The coach was in every bit as good of
shape as described, better than I expected. We drove a little over 500miles, and truely

Now for my
first questions, I have the same door problems as addressed in the door seal
questions.

1. I cant get the leveling system to power up, so I have no ability to level the coach. I'm
not familiar with using jacks, as our last coach used the air to level, but I cant get a light

2. There is a kool o matic fan in the galley, the fan runs all the time, and i absolutely
cant find a switch or rheostat to control the fan. So currently it runs all the time and like

Corey,
No longer a Wannabe!!!

06-16-2008, 15:22
Still no luck on the levelers. I pulled the panel from the front of the coach,
replaced both
fuse #24 and #69 just to see, no luck. Checked all the sensors on the bay
doors, best I
can tell, all are functioning. I did find two that the ground had broken, but
after fixing
ground, no luck still.
Pulled HWH panel from wall, and checked to see if wire was disconnected, all
seems
proper. So now I'm starting to worry. It is rather uncomfortable walking in
and sleeping
in a coach that is on an incline or angle, so I really need to figure this out.

I will begin to list some of the other problems.

1. no key for safe,
2. door lock button for front door will not lock door, although I can hear it
trying.
3. Compartment lock will not lock front curbside compartment, although I can
hear it
trying to. This isnt good, I don't have a key for the bays
4. fridge is not cooling, but freezer works great
5. Engine break works great most of the time, but then other times it wont
engage. It
will still shift transmission for breaking, but no Jake brake
6. standard items such as light bulbs, needs servicing all the way around, rope
light has
several burned out bulbs, needs replacing
7. The fresh water drain in the bay with the pumps has a broken valve, so I cant
get good
pressure from the fresh water system. I did get it to pressurize, by rigging
the valve
shut, and it appears everything is in good working order.
8. I have no idea how to use the aquahot, and I am a little afraid to mess
something up.

I guess I need to find someone in the DFW area whom is familiar with Bluebirds,
preferably a 96', and pay them to walk through the entire coach with me and help
with
all my little questions.

BTW, this sight was very useful in my quest to find the right bird. I check
here frequently
just to learn all the ins and outs of all the different models. Thank you so
much for all
the great help and advice!!!!

Corey

--- In WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com, jim riordan wrote:
>
> 2 thermosatat near the galley should run that fan!
>
> 1 sounds like no power
> Jim Riordan
> coreyg67 wrote:
> Well, our new to us 96' WLWB is safe at home. We flew to Houston
yesterday
morning
> and drove to Wimberley, then came on home today.
>
> What a pleasant experience this has been for us. The coach was in every bit as
good of
> shape as described, better than I expected. We drove a little over 500miles,
and truely
> made the trip without a glitch.
>
> Now for my first questions, I have the same door problems as addressed in the
door
seal
> thread, so I'm going to try the remedies previously posted before asking
additional
> questions.
>
> i am having two problems,
>
> 1. I cant get the leveling system to power up, so I have no ability to level
the coach. I'm
> not familiar with using jacks, as our last coach used the air to level, but I
cant get a
light
> to flicker on the control pad, so I don't know where to go from there.
>
> 2. There is a kool o matic fan in the galley, the fan runs all the time, and i
absolutely
> cant find a switch or rheostat to control the fan. So currently it runs all
the time and
> a dummy, I don't know where to turn it off.
>
> I have several smaller issues, but I will address these 1 by 1 to make sure I
get
> everything completed before taking on the next task.
>
> Corey,
> No longer a Wannabe!!!
>
06-16-2008, 15:23
Corey, I know some folks in Wimberly. I was actually there
Thursday. Who did you buy your coach from? MIke McMahan 96 42
Wanderlodge

--- In WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com, Leroy Eckert
wrote:
>
> Every BB door I have ever seen has the same problem, if it is a
problem. It is built like a tank so you live with it or let it fall
off. lol. Now I hear about air locking doors. I cannot wait to have
one of those.
> On my coach, the thermostat that controls that kool o matic fan is
the same thermostat that controls the space Cadet front electric toe
heater in my coach.. My control is located over my left pilot
shoulder between the pilot window and the roadside couch window. The
front a/c heat master switch must be on for it to work.
>
> Leroy Eckert
> 1990 WB-40 Royale
> Dahlonega, GA
> Smoke N Mirrors
>
> --- On Mon, 6/16/08, Pete Masterson wrote:
> From: Pete Masterson
> Subject: Re: [WanderlodgeForum] Re: Maiden Voyage Complete!!!
> To: WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com
> Date: Monday, June 16, 2008, 1:03 PM
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> There is a panel on the front of your coach with 20+ "screws"
holding it in place. (Note, those "screws" are 1/4 turn fasteners
with a spring behind them.) Use a screw driver, press "in" and turn
counter-clockwise, the the fastener should pop-out (but remain in
it's place -- they don't come all the way out).
> The panel (made of fiberglas) is heavy and may 'stick' to the
weather seal a bit. You may need to use a thin-blade screwdriver to
get the panel to come away. Try not to drop it as you might chip the
paint.
> Once you're "in" the leveling jacks are controlled by "SK24" a 15
amp fuse. Also "SK69" is associated with "leveling jack ign/step ign
trigger."
> Obviously, if the breaker has flipped (or fuse has blown) you'll
need to determine why this occurred. It is possible that there was a
situation where the jacks were briefly overloaded and the breaker
tripping is non-serious. But it is also possible that there is a more
serious problem. A multi-meter is helpful.
> Note: you can download a chart I prepared for my coach (a '95 but
likely very similar) for the front power center from
<http://homepage. mac.com/aeonix1/> File is named "LOAD_CENTER-
FRT_95WL42. pdf"
> Another non-intuitive hint. The AC switches on the driver's dash
panel must be turned on for the heaters to work. AquaHot heat is
controlled by the AC thermostats by setting the right-hand switch
to "gas heat". You also need to turn on the "AH" switch on the dash
panel (upper left quadrant , second row of the largest switch and
instrument display).
> Pete Masterson'95 Blue Bird Wanderlodge WBDA 42El Sobrante
CAaeonix1@mac. com
>
>
> On Jun 16, 2008, at 7:07 AM, coreyg67 wrote:
> Well 1 problem crossed off the list. I found the thermostat and
turned off the fan. I knew it was going to be something simple, I
just couldnt figure out where they had hidden the control.
> As far as the jacks, I'm still stuck. i cant get power to the
control panel to even operate the system. I'm familiar with how the
system functions, but I kill the motor, turn the key to the on
position, press the button on the pad, and nothing. No lights, no
indicators, no noises, its like I'm pressing on a blank wall. I'm
sure there is a fuse or breaker somewhere that is tripped or blown,
but I have no idea where it might be located.
> I'm sorry for the questions, but I've never had anyone instruct me
on the Bluebird, or where any of its systems and controls are locate,
so it feels as if I'm on a treasure hunt most of the time.
> Thanks againCorey
> --- In WanderlodgeForum@ yahoogroups. com, "coreyg67"
wrote:
> Well, our new to us 96' WLWB is safe at home. We flew to Houston
yesterday morning and drove to Wimberley, then came on home today.
> What a pleasant experience this has been for us. The coach was in
every bit as good of shape as described, better than I expected.
We drove a little over 500miles, and truely made the trip without a
glitch.
> Now for my first questions, I have the same door problems as
addressed in the door seal thread, so I'm going to try the remedies
previously posted before asking additional questions.
> i am having two problems,
> 1. I cant get the leveling system to power up, so I have no
ability to level the coach. I'm not familiar with using jacks, as
our last coach used the air to level, but I cant get a light to
flicker on the control pad, so I don't know where to go from there.
> 2. There is a kool o matic fan in the galley, the fan runs all the
time, and i absolutely cant find a switch or rheostat to control the
fan. So currently it runs all the time and like a dummy, I don't
know where to turn it off.
> I have several smaller issues, but I will address these 1 by 1 to
make sure I get everything completed before taking on the next task.
> Corey,No longer a Wannabe!!!
>
>
>
>
> ------------ --------- --------- ------
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
06-16-2008, 20:22

Corey, as soon as Ralph comes home from fishin', I suspect he will chime in here.
Ernie Ekberg
83PT40
Livingston, Montana

Gas prices getting you down? Search AOL Autos for fuel-efficient used cars.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)