Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Georgia get together
08-29-2009, 19:12
Georgia get together
We are planning on taking delivery on our new to us Bird in 2 weeks. We have
not made reservations yet just in case things don't work out. Do we have to be
members of the FMCA and Wanderlodge group? I understand there are only a few
spots left and will go ahead and make the reservations. Thanks for any info.
Pam in Al.
Quote this message in a reply
08-30-2009, 01:52
Georgia get together
if you are talking about the
Rally Across The Street
end of october
You do not have to be a member of any group or affiliation It is an informal
gathering of coach owners from diverse backgrounds and their
Families. The rally has no formal Structure except for the meeting place and
time
You do however have to be in a good mood, be interested in meeting other bird
owners and having a good time
You will learn about your Wanderlodge in an informal manner and learn about
other Wanderlodges.
Bring your Wanderlodge your family your great spirit and we will see you there

Stephen 77fc35
Dupreeproducts.com

--- In WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com, "pamfesi" wrote:
>
> We are planning on taking delivery on our new to us Bird in 2 weeks. We have
spots left and will go ahead and make the reservations. Thanks for any info.
Pam in Al.
>
08-30-2009, 05:31
Georgia get together
Hi Pam,

Just saw your note on the wanderlodge forum and wanted to answer your question.  First of all anyone who joins the Blue Bird Chapter of FMCA LLC, (Family of Friends) must be a member of FMCA.  Secondly, at this time all the spots for the FOF Rally in Sevierville, TN are taken.  We had 50 spots and were able to up that to 65.  If you would like you can be put on a waiting list and you can do that by contacting Lamar Middlebrooks at "lmiddlebrooks@comsouth.net" .  Within in a short time we will have a web site where you or anyone else can just click on a link for joining the club.  We will post that info on the Wanderlodge Forum. 

May I say congratulations on becoming a new Blue Bird owner and we look forward to you becoming a part of our family.

Thanks and many happy trails to you in the future.

Dan Jensen

On Sun, Aug 30, 2009 at 2:12 AM, pamfesi <"flip_flops@bellsouth.net"> wrote:

We are planning on taking delivery on our new to us Bird in 2 weeks. We have not made reservations yet just in case things don't work out. Do we have to be members of the FMCA and Wanderlodge group? I understand there are only a few spots left and will go ahead and make the reservations. Thanks for any info. Pam in Al.

08-30-2009, 20:18
Georgia get together
Thanks for the info. We called for a reservation and are #2 on the waiting list. Sure hope we will be able to get there as I'm sure there will be many questions. We also want to meet others that love the Birds. I didn't see anything about a Tn. rally on any of the sites.
Pam in Al.
86 PT 40
-------------- Original message from "cape0001" : --------------

Rally Across The Street
end of october
You do not have to be a member of any group or affiliation It is an informal gathering of coach owners from diverse backgrounds and their
Families. The rally has no formal Structure except for the meeting place and time
You do however have to be in a good mood, be interested in meeting other bird owners and having a good time
You will learn about your Wanderlodge in an informal manner and learn about other Wanderlodges.

Stephen 77fc35
Dupreeproducts.com

--- In "WanderlodgeForum%40yahoogroups.com", "pamfesi" ...> wrote:
>
> We are planning on taking delivery on our new to us Bird in 2 weeks. We have not made reservations yet just in case things don't work out. Do we have to be members of the FMCA and Wanderlodge group? I understand there are only a few spots left and will go ahead and make the reservations. Thanks for any info. Pam in Al.
>

08-31-2009, 01:48
Georgia get together
I'm on the waiting list as well.  If that doesn't work out, I'm close enough to daytrip down for one of the days.  Any thoughts on which would be best?

On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 4:18 AM, <"flip_flops@bellsouth.net"> wrote:

Thanks for the info.  We called for a reservation and are #2 on the waiting list.  Sure hope we will be able to get there as I'm sure there will be many questions.  We also want to meet others that love the Birds.  I didn't see anything about a Tn. rally on any of the sites. 

Pam in Al.
86 PT 40
-------------- Original message from "cape0001" <"cape0001@hotmail.com">: --------------

Rally Across The Street
end of october
You do not have to be a member of any group or affiliation It is an informal gathering of coach owners from diverse backgrounds and their

Families. The rally has no formal Structure except for the meeting place and time
You do however have to be in a good mood, be interested in meeting other bird owners and having a good time
You will learn about your Wanderlodge in an informal manner and learn about other Wanderlodges.

Stephen 77fc35
Dupreeproducts.com

--- In "WanderlodgeForum%40yahoogroups.com", "pamfesi" wrote:

>
> We are planning on taking delivery on our new to us Bird in 2 weeks. We have not made reservations yet just in case things don't work out. Do we have to be members of the FMCA and Wanderlodge group? I understand there are only a few spots left and will go ahead and make the reservations. Thanks for any info. Pam in Al.

>

08-31-2009, 01:52
Georgia get together
--- In WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com, flip_flops@... wrote:
>
> I didn't see anything about a Tn. rally on any of the sites.

Go read message 44588 and follow the link to Bird Tracks Summer 2009 in the
Files for that information.

Mike Bulriss
1991 WB40 "Texas Minivan"
San Antonio, TX - coldest day in August forecast today - only 96

>
> Thanks for the info. We called for a reservation and are #2 on the waiting
list. Sure hope we will be able to get there as I'm sure there will be many
questions. We also want to meet others that love the Birds. I didn't see
anything about a Tn. rally on any of the sites.
>
> Pam in Al.
> 86 PT 40
> -------------- Original message from "cape0001" : --------------
>
> if you are talking about the
> Rally Across The Street
> end of october
> You do not have to be a member of any group or affiliation It is an informal
> Families. The rally has no formal Structure except for the meeting place and
time
> You do however have to be in a good mood, be interested in meeting other bird
> You will learn about your Wanderlodge in an informal manner and learn about
other Wanderlodges.
> Bring your Wanderlodge your family your great spirit and we will see you there
>
> Stephen 77fc35
> Dupreeproducts.com
>
>
> --- In WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com, "pamfesi" wrote:
> >
> > We are planning on taking delivery on our new to us Bird in 2 weeks. We have
spots left and will go ahead and make the reservations. Thanks for any info. Pam
in Al.
> >
>
08-31-2009, 17:09
Georgia get together
When a group reserves a block of spaces in a park the park often tries not to
sell out all available spaces to group members outside of that block. They want
to keep some room open for the normal weekend traffic that frequent the park. It
may be possible to reserve a spot in the park without letting them know you are
affiliated with the group. situating your reservation close to the group may be
difficult however

Greg of Tim&Greg
94ptca

>
> Thanks for the info. We called for a reservation and are #2 on the waiting
list. Sure hope we will be able to get there as I'm sure there will be many
questions. We also want to meet others that love the Birds. I didn't see
anything about a Tn. rally on any of the sites.
>
> Pam in Al.
> 86 PT 40
> -------------- Original message from "cape0001" : --------------
>
> end of october
> You do not have to be a member of any group or affiliation It is an informal
> Families. The rally has no formal Structure except for the meeting place and
time
> You do however have to be in a good mood, be interested in meeting other bird
> You will learn about your Wanderlodge in an informal manner and learn about
other Wanderlodges.
> Bring your Wanderlodge your family your great spirit and we will see you there
>
> Stephen 77fc35
> Dupreeproducts.com
>
>
> --- In WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com, "pamfesi" wrote:
> >
> > We are planning on taking delivery on our new to us Bird in 2 weeks. We have
spots left and will go ahead and make the reservations. Thanks for any info. Pam
in Al.
> >
>
08-31-2009, 18:59
Georgia get together
Martha called and tried to get a spot but them said they were holding them for overnighters so we will just wait and see what happens. My business is slamming me right now so it may be that we won't be able to take off anyway just thought it would be nice to meet up for a couple days and learn about the new Bird. Are there any other rallys set up close to Alabama say after the Holidays. I will have some free time then and won't have so much craziness maybe.
Pam in Al.
1986 PT40
-------------- Original message from "gregoryoconnor" : --------------

When a group reserves a block of spaces in a park the park often tries not to sell out all available spaces to group members outside of that block. They want to keep some room open for the normal weekend traffic that frequent the park. It may be possible to reserve a spot in the park without letting them know you are affiliated with the group. situating your reservation close to the group may be difficult however

Greg of Tim&Greg
94ptca

--- In "WanderlodgeForum%40yahoogroups.com", flip_flops@... wrote:
>
> Thanks for the info. We called for a reservation and are #2 on the waiting list. Sure hope we will be able to get there as I'm sure there will be many questions. We also want to meet others that love the Birds. I didn't see anything about a Tn. rally on any of the sites.
>
> Pam in Al.
> 86 PT 40
> -------------- Original message from "cape0001" .>: --------------
>
> end of october
> You do not have to be a member of any group or affiliation It is an informal gathering of coach owners from diverse backgrounds and their
> Families. The rally has no formal Structure except for the meeting place and time
> You do however have to be in a good mood, be interested in meeting other bird owners and having a good time
> You will learn about your Wanderlodge in an informal manner and learn about other Wanderlodges.
>
> Stephen 77fc35
> Dupreeproducts.com
>
>
> --- In "WanderlodgeForum%40yahoogroups.com", "pamfesi" > wrote:
> >
> > We are planning on taking delivery on our new to us Bird in 2 weeks. We have not made reservations yet just in case things don't work out. Do we have to be members of the FMCA and Wanderlodge group? I understand there are only a few spots left and will go ahead and make the reservations. Thanks for any info. Pam in Al.
> >
>

08-31-2009, 22:38
Georgia get together

Upcoming rallies near you ...
Vintage Bird (www.vintagebirds.com)
  • Gadsden, AL Sep 30-Oct 4, 2009 - Honda factory tour, hot cars, street vendors, wine tasting, Tallagega, election of officers - Kathy Ragsdale - 256-892-0518
  • North Florida & Southern Georgia, Apr 18 - May 1, 2010 - details will be available in the Nov/Dec Vintage Bird Newletter
  • [/list]
    Louisiana/Mississippi Blue Birders
    • Patterson, LA Sep 17-20, 2009 - Cruisin Cajuns Rally - contact Roy Zanca "rzanca@bellsouth.net"
    • [/list]
      FYIW - these are two 'subchapters' of FMCA. The Vintage Bird chapter is any BB over 5 years old (I think) and is $10 per year + you have to be a member of FMCA. I would not doubt the L/M Blue Birders mentioned above is similar. Contact the folks listed, they would be very happy to have a newbie join them. You will not be disappointed. These chapter rallies can be big or small, but always fun .... and a great chance to learn about your Bird.
      Roger Webb
      91 WL
      Cedar Rapids, IA
      In a message dated 9/1/2009 7:38:47 A.M. Central Daylight Time, flip_flops@... writes:

Martha called and tried to get a spot but them said they were holding them for overnighters so we will just wait and see what happens. My business is slamming me right now so it may be that we won't be able to take off anyway just thought it would be nice to meet up for a couple days and learn about the new Bird. Are there any other rallys set up close to Alabama say after the Holidays. I will have some free time then and won't have so much craziness maybe.
      Pam in Al.
      1986 PT40
      -------------- Original message from "gregoryoconnor" : --------------

When a group reserves a block of spaces in a park the park often tries not to sell out all available spaces to group members outside of that block. They want to keep some room open for the normal weekend traffic that frequent the park. It may be possible to reserve a spot in the park without letting them know you are affiliated with the group. situating your reservation close to the group may be difficult however

Greg of Tim&Greg
      94ptca

--- In "WanderlodgeForum%40yahoogroups.com", flip_flops@... wrote:
      >
      > Thanks for the info. We called for a reservation and are #2 on the waiting list. Sure hope we will be able to get there as I'm sure there will be many questions. We also want to meet others that love the Birds. I didn't see anything about a Tn. rally on any of the sites.
      >
      > Pam in Al.
      > 86 PT 40
      >
      > end of october
      > You do not have to be a member of any group or affiliation It is an informal gathering of coach owners from diverse backgrounds and their
      > Families. The rally has no formal Structure except for the meeting place and time
      > You do however have to be in a good mood, be interested in meeting other bird owners and having a good time
      > You will learn about your Wanderlodge in an informal manner and learn about other Wanderlodges.
      >
      > Stephen 77fc35
      > Dupreeproducts.com
      >
      >
      > --- In "WanderlodgeForum%40yahoogroups.com", "pamfesi" > wrote:
      > >
      > > We are planning on taking delivery on our new to us Bird in 2 weeks. We have not made reservations yet just in case things don't work out. Do we have to be members of the FMCA and Wanderlodge group? I understand there are only a few spots left and will go ahead and make the reservations. Thanks for any info. Pam in Al.
      > >
      >

09-01-2009, 03:11
Georgia get together
The TN rally is sold out and there is a waiting list.

If you are a member of FMCA you can go to any rally of a any FMCA Club. You didn't say if you were a member of FMCA. In any case you can join at the rally if you
are a member of FMCA

Scooter 2000LX Ocqueoc, MI

To: WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 13:52:12 +0000
Subject: [WanderlodgeForum] Re: Georgia get together

--- In "WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com", flip_flops@... wrote:
>
> I didn't see anything about a Tn. rally on any of the sites.

Go read message 44588 and follow the link to Bird Tracks Summer 2009 in the Files for that information.

Mike Bulriss
1991 WB40 "Texas Minivan"
San Antonio, TX - coldest day in August forecast today - only 96

--- In "WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com", flip_flops@... wrote:
>
>
> Pam in Al.
> 86 PT 40
>
> end of october
>
> Stephen 77fc35
> Dupreeproducts.com
>
>
> --- In "WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com", "pamfesi" > wrote:
> >
> >
>

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)