Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bose sound link 2
02-18-2013, 12:16
Bose sound link 2
FWIW,
I "treated" myself to one of these things 2 weeks ago..... The equipment in both the bird and house are decades old and I had some spare "data" available on my iphone. This version came out in Sept of last year, did the research on comparable products in CNET reveiws, etc and a local retailer had about 10 demos of the "top" CNET picks you could hear and play with to get a good comparison. My old deaf ears could really tell the difference!!!!!!! Add Pandora , Iheart radio app or buy an app for 99 cents and you can get 3000 FM stations streamed in from around the world! Add your favorite streaming app or phone music player! Bluetooth up to 4 devices or plug any 3.5mm cd or music player in, no more carrying around cd's, etc on the road!!!!!!! Man the thing competes with my 20 year old house system which also has BOSE speakers.............. really compact and great for traveling, no wires!

http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/shop...&src=K9677

Pete and Donna Chin
95 42' WLWB
On The Road Always! :-)
" We'll raise up our glasses against evil forces singing,
Whiskey for my men, and beer for my horses!"
-Toby Keith & Willie Nelson
- The bridge from Toby Keith's title album track "beer for my horses"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-18-2013, 12:35
RE: Bose sound link 2
How's the bluetooth function working? My nephew got one for christmas and it wouldn't stay hooked to his phone.

John Mace
06 450LXi bigger bird
living in the wild hinterlands of the north
free to roam without the man getting me down
02-18-2013, 12:45 (This post was last modified: 02-18-2013 12:54 by pgchin.)
(02-18-2013 12:35)Arcticdude Wrote:  How's the bluetooth function working? My nephew got one for christmas and it wouldn't stay hooked to his phone.

"flawless" on the iphone3GS, the HP and Thinkpads laptops I own. Maybe his phone needs a bluetooth firmware upgrade / fix? This thing also has a usb port that BOSE says it will update its firmware as newer devices come out. I'd try the Bose support site and see what they say. Also there are "2" versions of this thing, the first one, which is still for sale at a discount, did not do so well.....just fyi............. its called sound link, no "II".

Pete and Donna Chin
95 42' WLWB
02-18-2013, 13:33
These portable speaker systems can be quite handy and provide great performance. I bought a very similar system probably about 6 or 7 years ago now for dry camping and being out on the road. You can recharge them off a solar panel quite easily. It is not wireless and has a dock ar cable plug that I have used to provide better sound while playing DVD's on the road.

I can't remember the exact name but it is Logic something. I use it now deep in the forest at the weekend place and have never bothered buying a sound system for there. People come over and they are stunned by the sound. Still works well however the battery doesn't last as long as it used to but heck it is 6 or 7 years old now.

Maybe if the battery goes I will try the Bose system. Although not having wireless has never been an issue.

Gary 82 PT 35 6V92 BC (Sold)
05-08-2013, 10:35
Figured, I do an "almost 3 month review"!Wink Well, after 3 months I can say this thing performs as designed. It has been flawless with an IPhone 3Gs, Thinkpad, and HP laptop, NO bluetooth misses. Battery life is as advertised and if you follow the instructions and place it's back to within 2 inches of a wall, it has INCREDIBLE bass. I love this thing so much as well as Pandora and Iheart radio I drove my monthly usage up 2 GB!AngelRolleyes Great portable tool at home, in the bus, in the woods, anywhere you want music!Cool Gosh music delivery has come SO far from when I was a tot with a portable am radio smashed against my ear listening to Willie, Elvis,etc.........

Pete and Donna Chin
95 42' WLWB
05-08-2013, 14:00 (This post was last modified: 05-08-2013 14:26 by pgchin.)
(05-08-2013 12:07)Bird Owner Wrote:  Pete, These new devices sure are great! The Bose and the Jawbone Big Jambox produce truly fantastic sound. I just bought the Big Jambox to use outside the coach (inside system already has a bluetooth adapter so I can strream from computer, iPhone or iPad). Doubles as a bluetooth speakerphone for the coach while under way. Plus sound is so good I find myself using this rather than the big built in stereo with large speakers and sub-woofer while traveling. Controls on the Jambox (Not available on the Bose) let you control the phone and the built in microphone makes for clear phone calls. The review by CNET says a slight edge goes to Bose on sound but the Jambox speakerphone feature pushed me in that direction. See below.

CNET Review of the Jambox

Street price $249.00

Hi Rich,
Yeah I agree these new devices are great! Plenty of options at all prices and features to choose from!Big Grin I also find myself using it more than either the home or bus stereo!Tongue Go figure! Target here has the Jambox and about 12 other setups including the Bose so you can play!Angel I read the CNET article also and went to Target thinking Jambox would be it for me as well but after playing for an hour listening to all kinds of music, I went with the Bose. I felt any of the 12 systems at all prices would be fine but I agree with the CNET review, better options on the jambox and price, but Bose was the class of field in sound and that's the use case I chose. I'd recommend to anyone thinking about any of these to go somewhere so you can " listen/ play" with all of them, then choose..... Definitely no right or wrong answer here.......just a matter of personal taste and price point!Smile Plus as you said, in addition to music if you have a system like vmspec, GPS, phone,etc, you can bluetooth the computer or phone to the device and it can scream alarms, directions at ya, or use the phone in hands free mode while is is streaming music!Idea

Pete and Donna Chin
95 42' WLWB
05-09-2013, 11:14 (This post was last modified: 05-09-2013 11:17 by Endless Summer.)
Inspirational thread...

I was going to replace my radio and all the speakers in the Bird next winter. I figured about a grand plus joyless hours of work. I read this thread and started thinking - how do I actually use the audio system in the bus?

Well, I don't listen to FM any more, and haven't listened to AM in about 40 years. I haven't bought a CD since the iPod was invented. I use my iPhone and iPad for everything audio - iTunes, Pandora, podcasts, and XM via a SkyDock. So the Jambox seems to be the solution - inexpensive, zero install time and effort, speaker phone, plus I also can use it outside the bus and in the shop.

Heading for Best Buy in ten minutes. Thanks for the suggestions.

Steve Fox
87 FC35
05-09-2013, 21:01
Guys, Thanks for the great information. I have an in store credit at Best Buy for near $400.00. I purchased a Bose Sound dock about 2 years ago with extended warranty for a total of 2 years. It quit working within a day of the expiration. I took it back and wala! Now I know how to spend most of the credit.

Jack and Ila VanDenBerg
Glenn, Mi. 49416
M 450
Ruffled Feathers

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)