Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Birds Nest Changes
11-27-2008, 07:14
Birds Nest Changes

In a message dated 11/27/2008 5:58:59 P.M. Central Standard Time, randymerri@... writes:
The overall tone of the forum has been very civil and alot more enjoyable the last few weeks. Let's hope it stays that way.
It will. Thank you
Ernie Ekberg
83PT40 Wanderlodge
Weatherford, Texas

Quote this message in a reply
11-27-2008, 11:58
Birds Nest Changes
Hi Everyone,

I am not chicken to post and am not one bit intimidated by Bruce and Greg. They may think they have all the answers, but I tend to ignore bullies and know it alls. I think the changes at the Birds Nest make good business sense. I was there 3 weeks ago and there was acouplethere that hadparked their coachand set up "home base"for over three weeks. I asked them about the 3 night rule and they stated that "noone cared."I guess someone really does care and they will have to move on and paytheir way somewhere else.Talk aboutabusing the system.

I am leary of a mindset thatthinks if you own a Bluebird (especially one10 plus years old) that Coachworks needs to coddle you and give you free room and board. Take your10 year old car to the local dealership and see what they give you for free. I believe that Coachworks should stand behind their new coaches and take care of warranty work and offer good service and support to the rest of us with older coaches, but we all need to realize that these are tough economic times and the comany needs to do what theyfeel necessaryto stay in business. That is what is important to me. I don't mind paying the nightly fee to stay at the Nest. It's a great park. Maybe with the new fee structure they can add cable at some point. I don't have the mindset that everything should be free. I was raised to pay my own way and not take advantage of others.

Ernie, I hope that you will look closely at Greg coming back to the forum. The overall tone of the forum has been very civil and alot more enjoyable the last few weeks. Let's hope it stays that way.

Macy, if you read this post, don't be swayed by the naysayers. There are individuals out there that will complain no matter what they are offered. I have an idea if you offeredcertain individuals on this forum a million dollars they would complain that is wasn't presented on a silver platter. Please do what needs to be done to keep Coachworks alive and well. The vast majority of us understand and support you 100%.

Randy Merrill

2003 40' LX

Ocala, FL
11-27-2008, 12:55
Birds Nest Changes
I agree with Leroy about setting the nest up as an RV park for profit.
The only thing I would add is that when a BB wanted to stay there,
they got preference over SOB's. Seems like a win/win situation.
Bob Lawrence
84 PT36
Weatherford, Tx (with new Ernie floors and generator insulation)

> If the Birds Nest is as nice as represented by others, CCW should
set it up as an RV park and run it like one possibly creating another
revenue center for the company. Every RV park I have visited this
summer has been full. For those owners of BB's, CCW could provide a
50% discount off retail while staying at the Nest similar to Passport
America which is a service we use all the time. For BB owners, there
could be a three month limit on stay at the discounted rate. A power
surcharge may be applicable for long term stays at discounted rates.
Otherwise, the rate is the rate. Providing discounts on shop work is
at their descretion. A review of BB parts prices would be a good
thing and having another revenue center might help that situation.
>
> In the absense of running it like an RV park, Macy's membership
program seems reasonable to me but without confidential information I
privately wonder if it will maximize asset utilization and generate
maximum possible revenue.
>
> For whatever reason, BB created the freeloading atmosphere at the
Nest and CCW inherited that mentality. Times continue to change. The
current economy is not helping me either. I would rather have the
company in business than stay at the Nest free.
>
> My opinion and not chichen to say so.
>
> Leory Eckert
> 1990 WB-40 Smoke N Mirrors
> Dahlonega, GA
> Royale Conversion
>
>
>
> --- On Wed, 11/26/08, birdshill123 wrote:
> From: birdshill123
> Subject: [WanderlodgeForum] Re: Birds Nest Changes
> To: WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com
> Date: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 4:14 PM
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> I cannot beieve that this thread has turned into a
discussion on
>
> railroad time. Doesn't any one have an opinion on the changes that
>
> Macey laid out? Or do most here not utilize the Nest and BB
service? I
>
> see a lot more to Macey's post than paying to utilize the Bird's
Nest.
>
> I have a post ready to send but would like to hear from some others
>
> first in case I have overlooked something that is obvious to others
and
>
> not me! So what do you think:
>
>
>
> 1. I dont care as I dont use BB or the nest
>
> 2. I think it is OK and will send them a check for $895 post haste.
>
> 3. I disagree with what they are doing but am too chicken to post.
>
> 4. Some other idea
>
>
>
> Where is Greg when we need him. Forget Prop. 8 and get your butt
back
>
> here.
>
>
>
> Bruce
>
> 1988 FC35
>
11-28-2008, 01:51
Birds Nest Changes
Randy Merril:

Please do not issue a blanket statement that states I intimidated you
or any one else. I have not even posted my thoughts on the subject and
you ran off at the mouth. I am not Greg! Personally the Birds Nest
itself means nothing to me. Free or otherwise. But there are a lot of
other items in Macy's post that tell me things are not good with
Wanderlodge Coachworks.

Bruce
1988FC35
12-01-2008, 04:24
Birds Nest Changes
In the few cases that I am southbound on 75 I would not go to the nest for a overnight I would stay closer to I 75 and keep going by. But if I was going to the Perry area for a few days I would call and would be pleased to pay the minimal fee IF I could get in to the Nest. Truth be told for what that price was it is a great price IF you were staying in Perry. What ever the case you can not complain about the low cost unless you stay at the local state facilities that is every 50 some miles on the interstates. If that low cost that the nest will charge covers the cost of maintenance of the grounds and the electric, so that you can use the kitchen, washer dryer, and every thing else that gives to you then let them charge so that it is always there.
As for the up front cost of service, I used this program on my boat. It worked out well for me and my twin 3208/TA's but that was when the boat was serviced in my slip but for the price of the "club" service contract I also got a deal on my oil changes so it worked out well for me. But to pay $895.00 and be 700 miles away it isn't worth it to me. I am taken care of here in Michigan for my Bird.
This is not pointed to Bruce by any means
Scooter
2000LX
Plymouth MI
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, November 26, 2008 4:15 PM
Subject: [WanderlodgeForum] Re: Birds Nest Changes

I cannot beieve that this thread has turned into a discussion on
railroad time. Doesn't any one have an opinion on the changes that
Macey laid out? Or do most here not utilize the Nest and BB service? I
see a lot more to Macey's post than paying to utilize the Bird's Nest.
I have a post ready to send but would like to hear from some others
first in case I have overlooked something that is obvious to others and
not me! So what do you think:

1. I dont care as I dont use BB or the nest
2. I think it is OK and will send them a check for $895 post haste.
3. I disagree with what they are doing but am too chicken to post.
4. Some other idea

Where is Greg when we need him. Forget Prop. 8 and get your butt back
here.

Bruce
1988 FC35

12-02-2008, 03:34
Birds Nest Changes
yeah yeah Randy!!! Three cheers for Randy!!! !!! !!!
Scooter
2000XL
Plymouth, MI
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, November 27, 2008 6:58 PM
Subject: [WanderlodgeForum] Re: Birds Nest Changes

Hi Everyone,

I am not chicken to post and am not one bit intimidated by Bruce and Greg. They may think they have all the answers, but I tend to ignore bullies and know it alls. I think the changes at the Birds Nest make good business sense. I was there 3 weeks ago and there was acouplethere that hadparked their coachand set up "home base"for over three weeks. I asked them about the 3 night rule and they stated that "noone cared."I guess someone really does care and they will have to move on and paytheir way somewhere else.Talk aboutabusing the system.

I am leary of a mindset thatthinks if you own a Bluebird (especially one10 plus years old) that Coachworks needs to coddle you and give you free room and board. Take your10 year old car to the local dealership and see what they give you for free. I believe that Coachworks should stand behind their new coaches and take care of warranty work and offer good service and support to the rest of us with older coaches, but we all need to realize that these are tough economic times and the comany needs to do what theyfeel necessaryto stay in business. That is what is important to me. I don't mind paying the nightly fee to stay at the Nest. It's a great park Maybe with the new fee structure they can add cable at some point. I don't have the mindset that everything should be free. I was raised to pay my own way and not take advantage of others.

Ernie, I hope that you will look closely at Greg coming back to the forum. The overall tone of the forum has been very civil and alot more enjoyable the last few weeks. Let's hope it stays that way.

Macy, if you read this post, don't be swayed by the naysayers. There are individuals out there that will complain no matter what they are offered. I have an idea if you offeredcertain individuals on this forum a million dollars they would complain that is wasn't presented on a silver platter. Please do what needs to be done to keep Coachworks alive and well. The vast majority of us understand and support you 100%.

Randy Merrill
2003 40' LX
Ocala, FL

12-03-2008, 14:03
Birds Nest Changes
Randy, if I haven’t already done so, THANKS!!!

Macy

Macy Neshati

Vice President, Sales & Marketing

Complete Coach Works & Blue Bird Coachworks

Office: 951-684-9585 Cell: 951-836-6525 Fax: 951-684-9585

Visit Our Websites: http://www.completecoach.com &http://www.bluebirdcoachworks.com

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)