Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'95 Wanderlodge for sale
12-17-2008, 19:48
'95 Wanderlodge for sale
Beautiful coach Pete. Wish that I could afford to buy it. Good luck with your future endeavors. Hope you decide to stick around on the forum and share your brain power. God knows that some of us need that! Just remember not to buy one of those dreaded sob's down the road. Wouldn't want to hear of someone calling you that! Happy Holidays, George Burke 1977 FC31SB Charlotte

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 9:10 PM, Pete Masterson <"aeonix1@mac.com"> wrote:

For those who have inquired, I took a few photos today, showing the revised forward portion of my coach, including the bamboo wood floor. Please visit http://www.aeonix.biz/BBforsale.html to view the photos.
I'll be adding a more photos over the next week or so, as time permits.

Pete Masterson
'95 Blue Bird Wanderlodge WBDA 42 (For Sale)
El Sobrante CA
"aeonix1@mac.com"

Quote this message in a reply
12-18-2008, 06:42
'95 Wanderlodge for sale

Pete, the pictures of your bamboo are great. one question- other then the captains chairs---where do you sit?
Ernie Ekberg
83PT40 Wanderlodge
Weatherford, Texas

12-18-2008, 11:08
'95 Wanderlodge for sale
Hi Pete
Just read your reply to LeRoy. I agree with you. A Blue-Bird ownership /trip is like flying. I retired from USAirways 757/767 and bought a BB. I really enjoy that Bird, the trips, the mental challenges etc. Therefore I do not miss flying at all. Sorry for interupting, but you know..
Juergen in PA
1991 WLSP36

--- On Tue, 12/16/08, Pete Masterson wrote:
Subject: Re: [WanderlodgeForum] '95 Wanderlodge for sale
To: WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, December 16, 2008, 4:36 PM

Leroy,

I've enjoyed owning and driving my 'bird -- I wouldn't trade the experience for any other. But after long conversations with my spouse, the "lifestyle" isn't exactly what we want. Toss in some financial complications (we had planned to sell our home, but got caught in the real estate market melt down, so it didn't sell -- and now it's current value is so low that it's better to hang on to it -- but I also have an expensive mortgage to pay) and that kind of sews up the decision.
If money were no object -- then, perhaps we'd keep the coach and focus on several Western US trips we'd still like to take. But, money IS a serious consideration for us.
Twenty years ago, I took flying lessons and learned to be a pilot. We took several trips -- and enjoyed them. But after a job-related move, the time and cost of keeping up my license became a burden, so I let it lapse. In retrospect,
I'm glad I did it, I wouldn't not have done it, and we fondly recall our trips in (rented) private aircraft. But, I don't need to go back to that pastime. The RV experience is much the same way for us.
Pete Masterson
'95 Blue Bird Wanderlodge WBDA 42
El Sobrante CA
"aeonix1@mac.com"

On Dec 16, 2008, at 1:20 PM, Leroy Eckert wrote:

Sorry to hear that you will not longer be an owner. Are your certain you want to do this??
Leroy Eckert
1990 WB-40 Smoke N Mirrors
Dahlonega, GA
Royale Conversion

--- OnMon, 12/15/08, Pete Masterson<"aeonix1@mac.com">wrote:
Subject: [WanderlodgeForum] '95 Wanderlodge for sale
To: "WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com"
Date: Monday, December 15, 2008, 7:56 PM

We just returned from a great trip -- about 8100 miles across the country and back. The bus ran great, we had no "mishaps" -- and we had a great time.

This is an early announcement of our intent to sell our coach. We've now seen enough of the country to realize that there's no place (quite) like home --- and our needs don't currently include having such a large RV.
So, our coach is going up for sale after I get some clean up and some minor repairs completed. Priced to move at $99,000.
42' 6" wide body, diagonal aisle (gives a more private bath room) with DD Series 60, 470 HP engine.
Recent upgrades, repairs include: Bamboo wood floor, new radiator core, new muffler, new generator cooling fan motor, revised 'forward salon' with large desk and filing cabinets. (Desk and filing cabinets are easily removed, if you prefer some other arrangement. )
Since we've only been home a few days, I haven't finished the clean up nor have I taken photos. A selection of photos from when I bought the coach are available at
<http://homepage. mac.com/aeonix1/ Bluebird/ PhotoAlbum10. html> Note that these photos reflect the coach as it was before the upgrade floor and revised forward salon. If the weather cooperates, I'll have some new photos by next week.
Pete Masterson
'95 Blue Bird Wanderlodge WBDA 42
El Sobrante CA
"aeonix1@mac.com"

12-18-2008, 12:26
'95 Wanderlodge for sale
I have an office-type arm chair that I use at the dining table and roll over to the desk. Wife has a weird "kneeling" chair (one of those "healthy" new-fangled things) that also has wheels. I have installed some metal 'handles' on the wall and use bungee cords to hold the chairs in place when we're underway.
The original set up used typical dining chairs (fabric covered). The coach is photographed without the chairs, because I felt that someone might want to choose their own chairs (and I can't imagine that anyone would want that weird chair my wife uses). I'll "throw in" the office chair if someone wants it.
Pete Masterson
El Sobrante CA
"aeonix1@mac.com"

On Dec 18, 2008, at 3:42 PM, "erniecarpet@aol.com" wrote:

Pete, the pictures of your bamboo are great. one question- other then the captains chairs---where do you sit?

Ernie Ekberg
83PT40 Wanderlodge
Weatherford, Texas

12-18-2008, 20:00
'95 Wanderlodge for sale

The original couches, that were in your first pictures, they are gone?
Ernie Ekberg
83PT40 Wanderlodge
Weatherford, Texas

12-19-2008, 02:23
'95 Wanderlodge for sale

I understand the housing market all to well. I came home from Montana as there was no business there.
Ernie Ekberg
83PT40 Wanderlodge
Weatherford, Texas

12-19-2008, 05:11
'95 Wanderlodge for sale
Yes, the original couches are gone. Sold to RV Doctor George in Sacramento. <http://www.rvdoctorgeorge.com/>  He has a ton of furniture, etc., if someone wants to re-furnish the forward salon in a more conventional way. 
Since our original plan was to full time (and sell our house) we had no place to store the items removed from the coach. Of course, we did not know that the housing market would crash making it impossible to sell our house. (We simply had no offers, at any price.) Indeed, had the house sold, we would not have arrived at the need to sell the coach... (Had we originally planned to keep the house, I'd have stored the couches.)
Pete Masterson
El Sobrante CA
"aeonix1@mac.com"

On Dec 19, 2008, at 5:00 AM, "erniecarpet@aol.com" wrote:

Ernie Ekberg
83PT40 Wanderlodge
Weatherford, Texas
12-19-2008, 05:36
'95 Wanderlodge for sale
Pete rent the house and come fulltiming with the rest of us wanderers.

2008/12/19 Pete Masterson <"aeonix1@mac.com">

Yes, the original couches are gone. Sold to RV Doctor George in Sacramento. <http://www.rvdoctorgeorge.com/> He has a ton of furniture, etc., if someone wants to re-furnish the forward salon in a more conventional way.
Since our original plan was to full time (and sell our house) we had no place to store the items removed from the coach. Of course, we did not know that the housing market would crash making it impossible to sell our house. (We simply had no offers, at any price.) Indeed, had the house sold, we would not have arrived at the need to sell the coach... (Had we originally planned to keep the house, I'd have stored the couches.)

Pete Masterson
El Sobrante CA
"aeonix1@mac.com"

On Dec 19, 2008, at 5:00 AM, "erniecarpet@aol.com" wrote:

Ernie Ekberg
83PT40 Wanderlodge
Weatherford, Texas

--
Rob, Sue and Joey Robinson

94 WLWB
12-19-2008, 06:17
'95 Wanderlodge for sale
It was one of the options ... but spouse prefers to not wander ...
Pete Masterson
El Sobrante CA
"aeonix1@mac.com"

On Dec 19, 2008, at 9:36 AM, Rob Robinson wrote:

Pete rent the house and come fulltiming with the rest of us wanderers. 

2008/12/19 Pete Masterson <"aeonix1@mac.com">

Yes, the original couches are gone. Sold to RV Doctor George in Sacramento. <http://www.rvdoctorgeorge.com/>  He has a ton of furniture, etc., if someone wants to re-furnish the forward salon in a more conventional way. 

Pete Masterson
El Sobrante CA
"aeonix1@mac.com"

On Dec 19, 2008, at 5:00 AM, "erniecarpet@aol.com" wrote:

Ernie Ekberg
83PT40 Wanderlodge
Weatherford, Texas

-- 
Rob, Sue and Joey Robinson
94 WLWB
12-23-2008, 10:45
'95 Wanderlodge for sale
For those who're interested, I've posted more photos of the coach interior at
Pete Masterson
El Sobrante CA
"aeonix1@mac.com"

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)