Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Microphor Commode Headaches!!
12-21-2008, 03:06
Howdy, Y'all.

Once again the non-existent quality control for Microphor commode parts strikes again!!! Jack replaced the valve control solenoid in our Microphor electric commode this past Monday and it worked for a whole 24 hours!!! The last go round, the electronic module died and it took 3 tries before we got one that worked. Jack is fed up with working on this piece of c**p. He wants to replace this Microphor with some other brand of commode. Suggestions, recommendations or ideas would be welcome.

Regards,
Jack and Liz Pearce
Fulltiming in a 1993 Wanderlodge WB40
D'Hanis, TX

Quote this message in a reply
12-21-2008, 03:21
Jack and Liz,

I struggled with the Microphor in my 86 Newell and to a lesser extent in our LXi. Sometimes it was a water valve, then an air valve, then the flush flapper. Since Ryan at Mr. O's found the sloppy air valve that was leaking under the lavatory, I've had perfect service. It's probably cheaper to fix what you have, but I understand your frustration.

The other problem is...high-line coach designers such as BB, Prevost and Newell use Microphor air-flush toilets so they can install the toilet(s) anywhere in the coach regardless of where the blackwater tank is. The air-flush is not there just to make an expensive sound. Itforces itlaterally over to wherever the tank is. If your toilet happens to be positioned over or near the blackwater tank, you could probably retrofit without much trouble. If it weren't for hot water issues, waste issues and refrigerator issues, I'm convinced a lot more people would own motorhomes.

Brad Barton 00LXiDFW bbartonwx@...

To: WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 15:06:30 +0000
Subject: [WanderlodgeForum] Microphor Commode Headaches!!

Howdy, Y'all.

Once again the non-existent quality control for Microphor commode parts strikes again!!! Jack replaced the valve control solenoid in our Microphor electric commode this past Monday and it worked for a whole 24 hours!!! The last go round, the electronic module died and it took 3 tries before we got one that worked. Jack is fed up with working on this piece of c**p. He wants to replace this Microphor with some other brand of commode. Suggestions, recommendations or ideas would be welcome.

Regards,
Jack and Liz Pearce
Fulltiming in a 1993 Wanderlodge WB40
D'Hanis, TX

Send e-mail anywhere. No map, no compass. Get your Hotmail® account now.
12-21-2008, 03:50

Hi Jack & Liz
My experience with the electric toilet we have has been a very poorly attached ground wire,especially raisingit's head in wet weather.
I might suggest chasing down the ground and cleaning it up and renewing the wire terminal as needed.
Fred & Jeanne Hulse
Morristown Arizona
1997 Wanderlodge WLWB41

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)