Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Kool-O-Matic fan switch
03-24-2009, 05:07
Howdy.

I need the fan speed control switch for the Kool-O-Matic exhaust fan in
our kitchen ceiling. Any ideas where this switch can be purchased? OR ANY 3 speed fan speed control switch?

TIA,
Jack
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2009, 07:49
Try calling them. I was able to get a spare motor and switch a year ago. You might have to wait for them to call back. I see their site is still up. Worth a try.
http://www.kool-o-matic.com/

Leroy Eckert
1990 WB-40 Smoke N Mirrors
Dahlonega, GA
Royale Coversion

--- On Tue, 3/24/09, Jack and Liz Pearce wrote:
Subject: [WanderlodgeForum] Need Kool-O-Matic fan switch
To: WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, March 24, 2009, 12:07 PM

Howdy.

I need the fan speed control switch for the Kool-O-Matic exhaust fan in
our kitchen ceiling. Any ideas where this switch can be purchased? OR ANY 3 speed fan speed control switch?

TIA,
Jack

03-24-2009, 09:20
Two options -- if the 3 speeds isn't that big a deal, then you can wire it through without the switch. You get high speed only.
Second option -- look for a 12 vdc 3 speed switch in an automotive-type store or online provider. The "modern" switch will likely have resisters to modify the current. The OEM switch has little coil-like things for the same purpose. (This is, I'm told, and archaic design -- but cheap and reliable.)
I recently had to replace my Kool-O-Matic fan motor and I considered modifying the installation to allow access/use of the 3 speed switch. After experimenting with the speeds, I didn't find that big a difference in noise between the fan speeds. I ended up just setting it to 'fast' and leaving it at that.
Here's one product:
Pete Masterson
'95 Blue Bird Wanderlodge WBDA 42
El Sobrante CA
"aeonix1@mac.com"

On Mar 24, 2009, at 9:07 AM, Jack and Liz Pearce wrote:

Howdy.

I need the fan speed control switch for the Kool-O-Matic exhaust fan in our kitchen ceiling. Any ideas where this switch can be purchased? OR ANY 3 speed fan speed control switch?

TIA,
Jack

03-24-2009, 13:12
When my fan motor quit last fall, I emailed ... then later, called. Never got a response. I did make it clear that I needed a motor, so perhaps they were out of them. Probably still worth a try, but don't hold your breath.
Pete Masterson
'95 Blue Bird Wanderlodge WBDA 42
El Sobrante CA
"aeonix1@mac.com"

On Mar 24, 2009, at 11:49 AM, Leroy Eckert wrote:

Try calling them. I was able to get a spare motor and switch a year ago. You might have to wait for them to call back. I see their site is still up. Worth a try.
http://www.kool-o-matic.com/

Leroy Eckert
1990 WB-40 Smoke N Mirrors
Dahlonega, GA
Royale Coversion

--- OnTue, 3/24/09, Jack and Liz Pearce<"jacklizpearce@gmail.com">wrote:
Subject: [WanderlodgeForum] Need Kool-O-Matic fan switch
To:"WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com"
Date: Tuesday, March 24, 2009, 12:07 PM

Howdy.

I need the fan speed control switch for the Kool-O-Matic exhaust fan in our kitchen ceiling. Any ideas where this switch can be purchased? OR ANY 3 speed fan speed control switch?

TIA,
Jack

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)