Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hydraulic fan motor
03-24-2009, 10:20
Hydraulic fan motor
We have a 1986 PT38 8v92. The Hydraulic Fan Motor is leaking oil. We finally was
able to remove the fan motor and now I need to know if I need to just replace
the seals or if i need to buy a new motor. Any help would be great. How do you
tell if the shaft is in good shape?

Kindest Regards,
Rick & Terri Mcintire
86 PT38
North Richland Hills, Tx.
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2009, 17:29
Hydraulic fan motor
Rick.

Here is the info. that I have in my To-Do & Resolved SS regarding our leaking 1987 PT38 Hyd. Fan Motor.

...Replaced shaft seal only. VanSeal, Vandalia, IL. 618 283-4700. Old shaft seal #JC-100-162-12, new part #VC501619 but seal stamped with old part number...

The shaft could be polished, showed no wear...the new seal has worked for a couple years without leaking...I believe it was a good repair. Let me know if you need me to dig some more, as I may have more information somewhere in my database.

Good luck.

Curt Sprenger
1987 PT38 8V92 "MacAttack Racing"
Anaheim Hills, CA
Read all about Southwest Bluebirds and Friends (SWBB) at http://www.SOUTHWEST-BLUEBIRDS.ORG ...Then Join us.

"Host of the Annual Bluebird Quartzsite Rally"

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 2:20 PM, trautoranch <"rmcintire@sewell.com"> wrote:

We have a 1986 PT38 8v92. The Hydraulic Fan Motor is leaking oil. We finally was able to remove the fan motor and now I need to know if I need to just replace the seals or if i need to buy a new motor. Any help would be great. How do you tell if the shaft is in good shape?

Kindest Regards,

Rick & Terri Mcintire

86 PT38

03-24-2009, 17:40
Hydraulic fan motor
Rick,

The seal was about $50.00...shipping was about $30.00...I may have had it shipped overnight. Sometimes I'm in a hurry to get out of town...
Curt Sprenger

Anaheim Hills, CA
Read all about Southwest Bluebirds and Friends (SWBB) at http://www.SOUTHWEST-BLUEBIRDS.ORG ...Then Join us.

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 9:29 PM, Curt Sprenger <"curtsprenger@gmail.com"> wrote:
Rick.

Here is the info. that I have in my To-Do & Resolved SS regarding our leaking 1987 PT38 Hyd. Fan Motor.

...Replaced shaft seal only. VanSeal, Vandalia, IL. 618 283-4700. Old shaft seal #JC-100-162-12, new part #VC501619 but seal stamped with old part number...

The shaft could be polished, showed no wear...the new seal has worked for a couple years without leaking...I believe it was a good repair. Let me know if you need me to dig some more, as I may have more information somewhere in my database.

Good luck.

Curt Sprenger
Anaheim Hills, CA

We have a 1986 PT38 8v92. The Hydraulic Fan Motor is leaking oil. We finally was able to remove the fan motor and now I need to know if I need to just replace the seals or if i need to buy a new motor. Any help would be great. How do you tell if the shaft is in good shape?

Kindest Regards,

Rick & Terri Mcintire

86 PT38

03-24-2009, 17:56
Hydraulic fan motor
Rick,

I recall the new seal was a single lip, not double like the original seal.
Curt Sprenger

Anaheim Hills, CA

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 9:29 PM, Curt Sprenger <"curtsprenger@gmail.com"> wrote:
Rick.

Good luck.

Curt Sprenger
Anaheim Hills, CA

Kindest Regards,

Rick & Terri Mcintire

86 PT38

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)