Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1995 WLWB 42, LPG GAS Main Shut off Valve.
06-19-2009, 01:22
NO, it is not an all electric coach else why would I be trying to find out where a shut off valve is for LPG. And yes it does have a gas stove. LOL, if that is your intention to make a jest. LOL.

Ron Thompson -Waller, Tx.

1995 WLWB 42'

(cockyfox@...)

--- On Fri, 6/19/09, timvasqz wrote:
From: timvasqz Subject: [WanderlodgeForum] Re: 1995 WLWB 42, LPG GAS Main Shut off Valve.
To: WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com
Date: Friday, June 19, 2009, 2:15 AM

Is it an all electric coach? what is your cooktop?

Greg of Tim&Greg

94ptCA

--- In WanderlodgeForum@ yahoogroups. com, Ron Thompson wrote:

>

> I have never used the LPG gas since I have had this coach and I have an absolutely stupid question. Where the heck is the main LPG Shut off Valve on a 1995 WLWB 42?

>

> Does the Master LPG Switch that is located in the counter right in front of the sink the only switch that controls the gas supply on and off. When I turn the Alarm switch on it buzzes. There is no gas leak that I can detect anywhere so it must be buzzing because the gas supply is turned off.

>

> Oh, the refrigerator is running when the Inverter is on and also when the generator is on or the shore line is hooked up. It is just the Lpg mode on the frig that does not work. When You set it to lpg operation it waits about 45 seconds then the check light comes on. The LPG level indicator shows almost full of gas. The only thing I can think of is that the main shut off valve is off.

>

> Appreciate any help from someone who is familiar with this coach.

>

> Ron Thompson -Waller, Tx.

>

> 1995 WLWB 42'

>

> (cockyfox@.. .)

>

Quote this message in a reply
06-19-2009, 08:17
Ron,
Don't worry about greg it seems he gets lost in his own bs

Thanks
Jim Riordan
On Jun 19, 2009, at 9:22, Ron Thompson <"cockyfox@sbcglobal.net"> wrote:

NO, it is not an all electric coach else why would I be trying to find out where a shut off valve is for LPG. And yes it does have a gas stove. LOL, if that is your intention to make a jest. LOL.

1995 WLWB 42'

(cockyfox@sbcglobal.net)

--- On Fri, 6/19/09, timvasqz com> wrote:
Subject: [WanderlodgeForum] Re: 1995 WLWB 42, LPG GAS Main Shut off Valve.
Date: Friday, June 19, 2009, 2:15 AM

Is it an all electric coach? what is your cooktop?

Greg of Tim&Greg

94ptCA

>

> I have never used the LPG gas since I have had this coach and I have an absolutely stupid question.   Where the heck is the main LPG Shut off Valve on a 1995 WLWB 42?

>

> Does the Master LPG Switch that is located in the counter right in front of the sink the only switch that controls the gas supply on and off.  When I turn the Alarm switch on it buzzes.  There is no gas leak that I can detect anywhere so it must be buzzing because the gas supply is turned off.

>  

> Oh, the refrigerator is running when the Inverter is on and also when the generator is on or the shore line is hooked up. It is just the Lpg mode on the frig that does not work. When You set it to lpg operation it waits about 45 seconds then the check light comes on.  The LPG level indicator shows almost full of gas.  The only thing I can think of is that the main shut off valve is off.

>

> Appreciate any help from someone who is familiar with this coach.

>

>

> 1995 WLWB 42'

>

> (cockyfox@.. .)

>

an.yshortcuts {
font-family: Verdana;
font-size: 10px;
font-weight: normal;
}
#ygrp-msg p a {
font-family: Verdana;
font-size: 10px;
}
#ygrp-mlmsg a {
color: #1E66AE;
}
div.attach-table div div a {
text-decoration: none;
}
div.attach-table {
width: 400px;
}
-->

l>
06-19-2009, 08:43
Ron,
To address your generator situation: does the fan located in the very front
driver's side bay start when you start the generator? If not, the geeny will
overheat and shut itself off. What are your gauges (above your head as driver)
telling you as it runs and then shuts down? If the fan does NOT come on, run
the genny out (there's a switch in the same front bay) and look for a button
circuit breaker and a switch on a box at the back of the genset. Mine are
located on the side of this box, but I've heard of others on the back of this
box. Reset the breaker(s) and flip the switch. Hopefully the fan will now run.
Hope this helps. Just as an aside, if your fuel is below about 1/4 tank, the
genny won't run as a safety to prevent you from running out of fuel by using the
generator.

As our learned Tommy has already indicated, you will often find most of the info
you need on one of the main Bird forums out there. They have saved me a TON of
headaches!

--- In WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com, Ron Thompson wrote:
>
> Tommy,
> Thanks, its encouraging to talk with someone who has the same frustrations
that I have.
>
> One of the problems that I had with this coach is the Bird Box had been
stripped of all the schematics and critical technical information. Probably by
the technicians where it was located on consignment when i purchased it. I
won't mention the name of the place.
>
> With the help of Kurt Horvath's disc that he made available to everyone sure
went a long way to helping with that. I still run into things though like this
LPG thing that I can't find information on. I searched the forum files too and
there were a couple of items there but not any that would help with my problem.
Its a night mare, especially when you are out here on the road in Las Cruces,
NM.
>
> There is an RV service place right next door to the park I am in but not one
BB do I see at their place. All of the RV's in theire service parking lot are
of the 5th wheel type. I did go over there and buy some dump line parts though.
>
> As long as I am on shore power I am in good shape. But when on the road my
generator won't run more than 5 mins at a time. I think that the fuel supply
circuit may have lost its prime, or the fuel filter is prohibiting the flow of
fuel and only lets a small amount gradually seep through which explains the
running for 5 mins. But thats another problem.
>
> This morning I have to find a Jeep dealer where I can buy another aluminum
matching rim and tire. I lost it on the road in Texas. Obliterated the tire and
destroyed an expensive aluminum rim.
>
> But, I shall prevail.
>
>
> 1995 WLWB 42'
>
> (cockyfox@...)
>
> --- On Thu, 6/18/09, tommy.rountree wrote:
>
> From: tommy.rountree
> Subject: [WanderlodgeForum] Re: 1995 WLWB 42, LPG GAS Main Shut off Valve.
> To: WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com
> Date: Thursday, June 18, 2009, 7:48 AM
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Ron:
>
>
>
> I'll see if I can locate a schematic of the LP system for your bird. I can
relate to your frustration. When i bought my bird last year, I spent almost a
week going through the Bird Box looking at every scrap of paper, manuals etc. I
was left with nothing but confusion about everything and was totally ignorant.
In spite of this, I drove the beast from Tuscon, AZ to Oneonta, Alabama about
2,000 miles. Scarey, when I think about it.
>
>
>
> Looking at my frame schematics, the LP tank should be in the center of the
coach, just aft and street side of the front storage bulkhead. It would seem to
me there is a removable plate on the wall just aft of the front pass-through
compartment. That plate should be removable and the main cut-off valve should be
behind it.
>
>
>
> As I understand the law, the government mandates a manual cut off valve and it
has to be accessable somehow. I still believe your main manual valve is closed.
>
>
>
> FYI, as I began to learn about my coach, I would make lables and put them
around, over, under and adjacent to every switch, toggle, handle etc. I even
placed lables and warnings all over my dash area.
>
>
>
> That way, if I'm not available anyone would know where the components are and
the controls for the same. Someone wisely said, these machimes will still be
around after some (if not most of us)are gone. We are therefore stewards and we
should make sure those who come after us don't have the same problems we have.
>
>
>
> I still have one switch on the dash, which is an accessory switch, but no one
has a clue as to what it is for.
>
>
>
> Welcome to the wonderfully frustrating, yet exciting world of Blue Birds.
>
>
>
> I'll keep looking to see if I can find your LP schematic.
>
>
>
> Safe travels!
>
>
>
> Tommy
>
06-19-2009, 11:23
Just a note on the Genny.....I have found if the switch is on auto start, it will shut down all by it's self. Then i have to go thru the routine of the switches on the genny is't self to restart. Maybe its a safety thing but I have found this out by mistake not on purposes

Scooter 2000LX MIchigan

Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 20:43:12 +0000

Ron,
To address your generator situation: does the fan located in the very front driver's side bay start when you start the generator? If not, the geeny will overheat and shut itself off. What are your gauges (above your head as driver) telling you as it runs and then shuts down? If the fan does NOT come on, run the genny out (there's a switch in the same front bay) and look for a button circuit breaker and a switch on a box at the back of the genset. Mine are located on the side of this box, but I've heard of others on the back of this box. Reset the breaker(s) and flip the switch. Hopefully the fan will now run. Hope this helps. Just as an aside, if your fuel is below about 1/4 tank, the genny won't run as a safety to prevent you from running out of fuel by using the generator.

As our learned Tommy has already indicated, you will often find most of the info you need on one of the main Bird forums out there. They have saved me a TON of headaches!

--- In "WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com", Ron Thompson .> wrote:
>
> Tommy,
> Thanks, its encouraging to talk with someone who has the same frustrations that I have.
>
> One of the problems that I had with this coach is the Bird Box had been stripped of all the schematics and critical technical information. Probably by the technicians where it was located on consignment when i purchased it. I won't mention the name of the place.
>
> With the help of Kurt Horvath's disc that he made available to everyone sure went a long way to helping with that. I still run into things though like this LPG thing that I can't find information on. I searched the forum files too and there were a couple of items there but not any that would help with my problem. Its a night mare, especially when you are out here on the road in Las Cruces, NM.
>
> There is an RV service place right next door to the park I am in but not one BB do I see at their place. All of the RV's in theire service parking lot are of the 5th wheel type. I did go over there and buy some dump line parts though.
>
> As long as I am on shore power I am in good shape. But when on the road my generator won't run more than 5 mins at a time. I think that the fuel supply circuit may have lost its prime, or the fuel filter is prohibiting the flow of fuel and only lets a small amount gradually seep through which explains the running for 5 mins. But thats another problem.
>
> This morning I have to find a Jeep dealer where I can buy another aluminum matching rim and tire. I lost it on the road in Texas. Obliterated the tire and destroyed an expensive aluminum rim.
>
> But, I shall prevail.
>
>
> 1995 WLWB 42'
>
> (cockyfox@...)
>
> --- On Thu, 6/18/09, tommy.rountree ...> wrote:
>
> From: tommy.rountree ...>
> To: "WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com"
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Ron:
>
>
>
> I'll see if I can locate a schematic of the LP system for your bird. I can relate to your frustration. When i bought my bird last year, I spent almost a week going through the Bird Box looking at every scrap of paper, manuals etc. I was left with nothing but confusion about everything and was totally ignorant. In spite of this, I drove the beast from Tuscon, AZ to Oneonta, Alabama about 2,000 miles. Scarey, when I think about it.
>
>
>
> Looking at my frame schematics, the LP tank should be in the center of the coach, just aft and street side of the front storage bulkhead. It would seem to me there is a removable plate on the wall just aft of the front pass-through compartment. That plate should be removable and the main cut-off valve should be behind it.
>
>
>
> As I understand the law, the government mandates a manual cut off valve and it has to be accessable somehow. I still believe your main manual valve is closed.
>
>
>
> FYI, as I began to learn about my coach, I would make lables and put them around, over, under and adjacent to every switch, toggle, handle etc. I even placed lables and warnings all over my dash area.
>
>
>
> That way, if I'm not available anyone would know where the components are and the controls for the same. Someone wisely said, these machimes will still be around after some (if not most of us)are gone. We are therefore stewards and we should make sure those who come after us don't have the same problems we have.
>
>
>
> I still have one switch on the dash, which is an accessory switch, but no one has a clue as to what it is for.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Safe travels!
>
>
>
> Tommy
>

06-19-2009, 11:48
Hi J C,

Yes, I know about the squirell cage cooling fan and the radiator that it pulls the air through. I checked it and it was running.

The generator if it has set over night will start and run for about 5 to 10 mins and the AC voltage indicators are at full voltage and the amp guages are indicating what they should. But it shuts down after it has (I Think) run out of fuel. I have not had a chance to dig into what the problem is. I am on the road of course and have appointments that I must meet so it is keeping me from working on it.

I know where the control circuits are behind the generator and I checked all the fuses, breaker, switches etc. and they seem to be ok.

The overhead Pilot panel guages indicate cool temperature, good oil pressure, etc. so getting hot and shutting down is not a problem.

It was a
tad low on coolant and I topped that off and checked for leaks and found none.

So that is the status now. I just checked it again today and same old problem. It shut down. It won't start up again either till you wait a good 30mins to an hour. It sure sounds like a fuel supply problem to me.

Later.

1995 WLWB 42'

(cockyfox@...)

--- On Fri, 6/19/09, jcmace59 wrote:
Date: Friday, June 19, 2009, 3:43 PM

Ron,

To address your generator situation: does the fan located in the very front driver's side bay start when you start the generator? If not, the geeny will overheat and shut itself off. What are your gauges (above your head as driver) telling you as it runs and then shuts down? If the fan does NOT come on, run the genny out (there's a switch in the same front bay) and look for a button circuit breaker and a switch on a box at the back of the genset. Mine are located on the side of this box, but I've heard of others on the back of this box. Reset the breaker(s) and flip the switch. Hopefully the fan will now run. Hope this helps. Just as an aside, if your fuel is below about 1/4 tank, the genny won't run as a safety to prevent you from running out of fuel by using the generator.

As our learned Tommy has already indicated, you will often find most of the info you need on one of the main Bird forums out there. They have saved me a TON of headaches!

>

> Tommy,

> Thanks, its encouraging to talk with someone who has the same frustrations that I have.

>

> One of the problems that I had with this coach is the Bird Box had been stripped of all the schematics and critical technical information. Probably by the technicians where it was located on consignment when i purchased it. I won't mention the name of the place.

>

> With the help of Kurt Horvath's disc that he made available to everyone sure went a long way to helping with that. I still run into things though like this LPG thing that I can't find information on. I searched the forum files too and there were a couple of items there but not any that would help with my problem. Its a night mare, especially when you are out here on the road in Las Cruces, NM.

>

> There is an RV service place right next door to the park I am in but not one BB do I see at their place. All of the RV's in theire service parking lot are of the 5th wheel type. I did go over there and buy some dump line parts though.

>

> As long as I am on shore power I am in good shape. But when on the road my generator won't run more than 5 mins at a time. I think that the fuel supply circuit may have lost its prime, or the fuel filter is prohibiting the flow of fuel and only lets a small amount gradually seep through which explains the running for 5 mins. But thats another problem.

>

> This morning I have to find a Jeep dealer where I can buy another aluminum matching rim and tire. I lost it on the road in Texas. Obliterated the tire and destroyed an expensive aluminum rim.

>

> But, I shall prevail.

>

>

> 1995 WLWB 42'

>

> (cockyfox@.. .)

>

>

> To: WanderlodgeForum@ yahoogroups. com

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Ron:

>

>

>

> I'll see if I can locate a schematic of the LP system for your bird. I can relate to your frustration. When i bought my bird last year, I spent almost a week going through the Bird Box looking at every scrap of paper, manuals etc. I was left with nothing but confusion about everything and was totally ignorant. In spite of this, I drove the beast from Tuscon, AZ to Oneonta, Alabama about 2,000 miles. Scarey, when I think about it.

>

>

>

> Looking at my frame schematics, the LP tank should be in the center of the coach, just aft and street side of the front storage bulkhead. It would seem to me there is a removable plate on the wall just aft of the front pass-through compartment. That plate should be removable and the main cut-off valve should be behind it.

>

>

>

> As I understand the law, the government mandates a manual cut off valve and it has to be accessable somehow. I still believe your main manual valve is closed.

>

>

>

> FYI, as I began to learn about my coach, I would make lables and put them around, over, under and adjacent to every switch, toggle, handle etc. I even placed lables and warnings all over my dash area.

>

>

>

> That way, if I'm not available anyone would know where the components are and the controls for the same. Someone wisely said, these machimes will still be around after some (if not most of us)are gone. We are therefore stewards and we should make sure those who come after us don't have the same problems we have.

>

>

>

> I still have one switch on the dash, which is an accessory switch, but no one has a clue as to what it is for.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Safe travels!

>

>

>

> Tommy

>

06-19-2009, 11:51
Hey Al,

You may have something there. I will check that out. I never heard of that one, but with these birds, you never know. Thanks for that suggestion. Will let you know if that works out.

Later.

1995 WLWB 42'

(cockyfox@...)

--- On Fri, 6/19/09, Al Scudder wrote:
Subject: RE: [WanderlodgeForum] Re: 1995 WLWB 42, LPG GAS Main Shut off Valve.
To: wanderlodgeforum@yahoogroups.com
Date: Friday, June 19, 2009, 6:23 PM

Just a note on the Genny.....I have found if the switch is on auto start, it will shut down all by it's self. Then i have to go thru the routine of the switches on the genny is't self to restart. Maybe its a safety thing but I have found this out by mistake not on purposes

Scooter 2000LX MIchigan

To: WanderlodgeForum@ yahoogroups. com
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 20:43:12 +0000

Ron,

As our learned Tommy has already indicated, you will often find most of the info you need on one of the main Bird forums out there. They have saved me a TON of
headaches!

>
> Tommy,
>
>
> With the help of Kurt Horvath's disc that he made available to everyone sure went a long way to helping with that. I still run into things though like this LPG thing that I can't find information on. I searched the forum files too and there were a couple of items there but not any
that would help with my problem. Its a night mare, especially when you are out here on the road in Las Cruces, NM.
>
> There is an RV service place right next do!
or to th
e park I am in but not one BB do I see at their place. All of the RV's in theire service parking lot are of the 5th wheel type. I did go over there and buy some dump line parts though.
>
>
>
> But, I shall prevail.
>
>
> 1995 WLWB 42'
>
> (cockyfox@.. .)
>
> ---
On Thu, 6/18/09, tommy.rountree wrote:
>
> To: WanderlodgeForum@ yahoogroups. com
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Ron:
>
>
>
> I'll see if I can locate a schematic of the LP system for your bird. I can relate to your frustration. When i bought my bird last year, I spent almost a week going through the Bird Box looking at every scrap of paper, manuals etc. I was left with nothing but confusion about everything and was totally ignorant.
In spite of this, I drove the beast from Tuscon, AZ to Oneonta, Alabama about 2,000 miles. Scarey, when I think about it.
>
>
>
> Looking at my fra!
me schem
atics, the LP tank should be in the center of the coach, just aft and street side of the front storage bulkhead. It would seem to me there is a removable plate on the wall just aft of the front pass-through compartment. That plate should be removable and the main cut-off valve should be behind it.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> That way, if I'm not available anyone would know where the components are and the controls for the same. Someone wisely said, these machimes will still be around after some (if not most of us)are gone.
We are therefore stewards and we should make sure those who come after us don't have the same problems we have.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Safe travels!
>
>
>
> Tommy
>

06-19-2009, 13:19
Genny will shut down or won't start withthe fuel tank 1/4 or below?? Wow, I learn something every time I log on!
Rick and Marilyn Davis
'93 WBSA
Loudon, TN
(in Houston-thankingall of you guys)

Sent: Friday, June 19, 2009 3:43:12 PM

Ron,

As our learned Tommy has already indicated, you will often find most of the info you need on one of the main Bird forums out there. They have saved me a TON of
headaches!

--- In "WanderlodgeForum%40yahoogroups.com", Ron Thompson wrote:
>
> Tommy,
>
>
> With the help of Kurt Horvath's disc that he made available to everyone sure went a long way to helping with that. I still run into things though like this LPG thing that I can't find information on. I searched the forum files too and there were a couple of items there but not any that
would help with my problem. Its a night mare, especially when you are out here on the road in Las Cruces, NM.
>
>
>
> This morning I have to find a Jeep dealer where I can buy another aluminum matching rim and tire. I lost it on the road in Texas. Obliterated the tire and destroyed an
expensive aluminum rim.
>
> But, I shall prevail.
>
>
> 1995 WLWB 42'
>
> (cockyfox@.. .)
>
>
> To: "WanderlodgeForum%40yahoogroups.com"
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Ron:
>
>
>
> I'll see if I can locate a schematic of the LP system for your bird. I can relate to your frustration. When i bought my bird last
year, I spent almost a week going through the Bird Box looking at every scrap of paper, manuals etc. I was left with nothing but confusion about everything and was totally ignorant. In spite of this, I drove the beast from Tuscon, AZ to Oneonta, Alabama about 2,000 miles. Scarey, when I think about it.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> FYI, as I began to learn about my coach, I would make lables and put them
around, over, under and adjacent to every switch, toggle, handle etc. I even placed lables and warnings all over my dash area.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Safe travels!
>
>
>
>
Tommy
>

06-19-2009, 16:33
no jest, When I drove home with my 94pt I spent an hour looking for the switch
that lowered the daynight shades.
Greg of Tim&Greg
94ptCa
>
> NO, it is not an all electric coach else why would I be trying to find out
where a shut off valve is for LPG. And yes it does have a gas stove. LOL, if
that is your intention to make a jest. LOL.
>
>
> 1995 WLWB 42'
>
> (cockyfox@...)
>
> --- On Fri, 6/19/09, timvasqz wrote:
>
> From: timvasqz > Subject: [WanderlodgeForum] Re: 1995 WLWB 42, LPG GAS Main Shut off Valve.
> Date: Friday, June 19, 2009, 2:15 AM
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Is it an all electric coach? what is your cooktop?
>
> Greg of Tim&Greg
>
> 94ptCA
>
>
>
> --- In WanderlodgeForum@ yahoogroups. com, Ron Thompson wrote:
>
> >
>
> > I have never used the LPG gas since I have had this coach and I have an
absolutely stupid question.   Where the heck is the main LPG Shut off Valve on a
1995 WLWB 42?
>
> >
>
> > Does the Master LPG Switch that is located in the counter right in front of
the sink the only switch that controls the gas supply on and off. When I turn
the Alarm switch on it buzzes. There is no gas leak that I can detect anywhere
so it must be buzzing because the gas supply is turned off.
>
> >
>
> > Oh, the refrigerator is running when the Inverter is on and also when the
generator is on or the shore line is hooked up. It is just the Lpg mode on the
frig that does not work. When You set it to lpg operation it waits about 45
seconds then the check light comes on. The LPG level indicator shows almost
full of gas. The only thing I can think of is that the main shut off valve is
off.
>
> >
>
> > Appreciate any help from someone who is familiar with this coach.
>
> >
>
> > Ron Thompson -Waller, Tx.
>
> >
>
> > 1995 WLWB 42'
>
> >
>
> > (cockyfox@ .)
>
> >
>
06-19-2009, 16:52
If it is a fuel problem it is not air, sounds like a restriction with supply.
the amount of time necessary to restart is recovery of the vacumn created when
the pump starved????

Best way to check fuel supply is to replace the filter. I understand there is
also a screen at the Kubota lift pump. if it still shuts down I would then try
and replace the supply of fuel with that from a temporary source. this will
prove issue with the fuel line.
One other test of the lift pump and supply line would be to hotwire the pump
with a line between the electric pump and injector pump removed.
Greg ofTim&Greg
94ptca

>
> Hi J C,
>
> Yes, I know about the squirell cage cooling fan and the radiator that it pulls
the air through. I checked it and it was running.
>
> The generator if it has set over night will start and run for about 5 to 10
mins and the AC voltage indicators are at full voltage and the amp guages are
indicating what they should. But it shuts down after it has (I Think) run out of
fuel. I have not had a chance to dig into what the problem is. I am on the
road of course and have appointments that I must meet so it is keeping me from
working on it.
>
> I know where the control circuits are behind the generator and I checked all
the fuses, breaker, switches etc. and they seem to be ok.
>
> The overhead Pilot panel guages indicate cool temperature, good oil pressure,
etc. so getting hot and shutting down is not a problem.
>
> It was a tad low on coolant and I topped that off and checked for leaks and
found none.
>
> So that is the status now. I just checked it again today and same old
problem. It shut down. It won't start up again either till you wait a good
30mins to an hour. It sure sounds like a fuel supply problem to me.
>
> Later.
>
>
> 1995 WLWB 42'
>
> (cockyfox@...)
>
> --- On Fri, 6/19/09, jcmace59 wrote:
>
> From: jcmace59
> Date: Friday, June 19, 2009, 3:43 PM
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Ron,
>
> To address your generator situation: does the fan located in the very front
driver's side bay start when you start the generator? If not, the geeny will
overheat and shut itself off. What are your gauges (above your head as driver)
telling you as it runs and then shuts down? If the fan does NOT come on, run
the genny out (there's a switch in the same front bay) and look for a button
circuit breaker and a switch on a box at the back of the genset. Mine are
located on the side of this box, but I've heard of others on the back of this
box. Reset the breaker(s) and flip the switch. Hopefully the fan will now run.
Hope this helps. Just as an aside, if your fuel is below about 1/4 tank, the
genny won't run as a safety to prevent you from running out of fuel by using the
generator.
>
>
>
> As our learned Tommy has already indicated, you will often find most of the
info you need on one of the main Bird forums out there. They have saved me a
TON of headaches!
>
>
>
>
> >
>
> > Tommy,
>
> > Thanks, its encouraging to talk with someone who has the same frustrations
that I have.
>
> >
>
> > One of the problems that I had with this coach is the Bird Box had been
stripped of all the schematics and critical technical information. Probably by
the technicians where it was located on consignment when i purchased it. I
won't mention the name of the place.
>
> >
>
> > With the help of Kurt Horvath's disc that he made available to everyone sure
went a long way to helping with that. I still run into things though like this
LPG thing that I can't find information on. I searched the forum files too and
there were a couple of items there but not any that would help with my problem.
Its a night mare, especially when you are out here on the road in Las Cruces,
NM.
>
> >
>
> > There is an RV service place right next door to the park I am in but not one
BB do I see at their place. All of the RV's in theire service parking lot are
of the 5th wheel type. I did go over there and buy some dump line parts though.
>
> >
>
> > As long as I am on shore power I am in good shape. But when on the road my
generator won't run more than 5 mins at a time. I think that the fuel supply
circuit may have lost its prime, or the fuel filter is prohibiting the flow of
fuel and only lets a small amount gradually seep through which explains the
running for 5 mins. But thats another problem.
>
> >
>
> > This morning I have to find a Jeep dealer where I can buy another aluminum
matching rim and tire. I lost it on the road in Texas. Obliterated the tire and
destroyed an expensive aluminum rim.
>
> >
>
> > But, I shall prevail.
>
> >
>
>
> >
>
> > 1995 WLWB 42'
>
> >
>
> > (cockyfox@ .)
>
> >
>
> > --- On Thu, 6/18/09, tommy.rountree wrote:
>
> >
>
> > From: tommy.rountree
>
> > Subject: [WanderlodgeForum] Re: 1995 WLWB 42, LPG GAS Main Shut off Valve.
>
> > To: WanderlodgeForum@ yahoogroups. com
>
> > Date: Thursday, June 18, 2009, 7:48 AM
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> > Ron:
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> > I'll see if I can locate a schematic of the LP system for your bird. I can
relate to your frustration. When i bought my bird last year, I spent almost a
week going through the Bird Box looking at every scrap of paper, manuals etc. I
was left with nothing but confusion about everything and was totally ignorant.
In spite of this, I drove the beast from Tuscon, AZ to Oneonta, Alabama about
2,000 miles. Scarey, when I think about it.
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> > Looking at my frame schematics, the LP tank should be in the center of the
coach, just aft and street side of the front storage bulkhead. It would seem to
me there is a removable plate on the wall just aft of the front pass-through
compartment. That plate should be removable and the main cut-off valve should be
behind it.
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> > As I understand the law, the government mandates a manual cut off valve and
it has to be accessable somehow. I still believe your main manual valve is
closed.
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> > FYI, as I began to learn about my coach, I would make lables and put them
around, over, under and adjacent to every switch, toggle, handle etc. I even
placed lables and warnings all over my dash area.
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> > That way, if I'm not available anyone would know where the components are
and the controls for the same. Someone wisely said, these machimes will still be
around after some (if not most of us)are gone. We are therefore stewards and we
should make sure those who come after us don't have the same problems we have.
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> > I still have one switch on the dash, which is an accessory switch, but no
one has a clue as to what it is for.
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> > Welcome to the wonderfully frustrating, yet exciting world of Blue Birds.
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> > I'll keep looking to see if I can find your LP schematic.
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> > Safe travels!
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> > Tommy
>
> >
>
06-19-2009, 17:00
Jim, you doth comment too much about me and my posts', thank you for your
interest. we have a sale on memberships
Greg ofTim&Greg
94ptca

--- In WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com, "jqrjr@..." wrote:
>
> Ron,
>
> Don't worry about greg it seems he gets lost in his own bs
>
> Thanks
>
> Jim Riordan
>
> On Jun 19, 2009, at 9:22, Ron Thompson wrote:
>
>
>
> NO, it is not an all electric coach else why would I be trying to find out
where a shut off valve is for LPG. And yes it does have a gas stove. LOL, if
that is your intention to make a jest. LOL.
>
> 1995 WLWB 42'
> (cockyfox@...)
>
> --- On Fri, 6/19/09, timvasqz wrote:
>
> From: timvasqz > Subject: [WanderlodgeForum] Re: 1995 WLWB 42, LPG GAS Main Shut off Valve.
> Date: Friday, June 19, 2009, 2:15 AM
>
> Is it an all electric coach? what is your cooktop?
> Greg of Tim&Greg
> 94ptCA
>
> >
> > I have never used the LPG gas since I have had this coach and I have an
absolutely stupid question. Where the heck is the main LPG Shut off Valve on a
1995 WLWB 42?
> >
> > Does the Master LPG Switch that is located in the counter right in front of
the sink the only switch that controls the gas supply on and off. When I turn
the Alarm switch on it buzzes. There is no gas leak that I can detect anywhere
so it must be buzzing because the gas supply is turned off.
> >
> > Oh, the refrigerator is running when the Inverter is on and also when the
generator is on or the shore line is hooked up. It is just the Lpg mode on the
frig that does not work. When You set it to lpg operation it waits about 45
seconds then the check light comes on. The LPG level indicator shows almost
full of gas. The only thing I can think of is that the main shut off valve is
off.
> >
> > Appreciate any help from someone who is familiar with this coach.
> >
> >
> > 1995 WLWB 42'
> >
> > (cockyfox@ .)
> >
>
>
> an.yshortcuts { font-family: Verdana; font-size: 10px; font-weight: normal; }
#ygrp-msg p a { font-family: Verdana; font-size: 10px; } #ygrp-mlmsg a { color:
#1E66AE; } div.attach-table div div a { text-decoration: none; }
div.attach-table { width: 400px; } --> l>
>

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)