Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 75,000 gallon (service life) Everpure water purifier in the 2000 LXI
08-26-2009, 06:33
The 75,000 gallon (service life) Everpure water purifier in the 2000 LXI
I use this type filter in my home, cottage and the Bird. It is cahnges each year as are the house ones and I buy them at Home Depot.

Scooter 2000LX Ocqueoc, MI

To: WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 13:38:55 +0000
Subject: [WanderlodgeForum] Re: The 75,000 gallon (service life) Everpure water purifier in the 2000 LXI

These filters contain a powdered filter media that also has a silver compound to prevent bacteria growth. If clogged they can be taken out and back-flushed but there is no need to them service during their long life. They are designed for, and Wanderlodge installed them for "whole house" filtering. All water that enters the coach or the fresh water tank goes through this filter. As I recall the flow rate for these filters is somewhere around 6 gpm which is much greater than the inlet regulator and the water lines.

I spoke with the manufacturer (now out of business) when I changed out the filters on Blue Thunder in 1998. These were a very good filter and quite expensive. Somewhere there was a discussion on refilling the unit with filter media purchased from a swimming pool dealer but I don't remember the details. The sealed PVC unit would have to be cut open and resealed and that is why I opted for a replaceable filter whole house plus a secondary filter for drinking water and ice cubes.

The same filter was used on our '99 LXi and it is nearing the end of its usefulness. I have already installed a secondary filter for the ice and drinking water tap and will be replacing the original whole house filter soon too.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Adding chlorine through one of these Wanderlodge installed filters will severely damage the filter media.

Rich D. '99LXi43' CT

--- In "WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com", "luckyron1" ..> wrote:
>
> Crunching the numbers, it works out to about 8 1/2 yrs for our lifestyle. Does anyone know just what water it filters/purifies?
> All of it?
> Just the ice maker and tap water?
>
> We're about to replace it with some kind of cannister rig in the same space.
>
> Thanks
>

Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)