Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moen kitchen faucet
09-24-2009, 14:09
Moen kitchen faucet
My Moen faucet in the kitchen appears to have a bad gasket. I've pulled the
handle off and worked my way down. Now I'm trying to find the gasket but can't
find it. I don't want to break anything.

What do I need to do to replace the gasket? I did a search here and couldn't
find anything. Is there a drawing?

Thanks.

Jerry
85 PT40
Quote this message in a reply
09-24-2009, 14:22
Moen kitchen faucet
Jerry,

If you have the faucet model number, call Moen. Tell Moen you are the original owner. I believe you will get a new faucet in a few days.

Curt Sprenger
1987 PT38 8V92 "MacAttack Racing"

Anaheim Hills, CA

On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 7:09 PM, jburgessx2 <"jburgessx2@yahoo.com"> wrote:

My Moen faucet in the kitchen appears to have a bad gasket. I've pulled the handle off and worked my way down. Now I'm trying to find the gasket but can't find it. I don't want to break anything.

What do I need to do to replace the gasket? I did a search here and couldn't find anything. Is there a drawing?

Thanks.

Jerry

85 PT40

09-24-2009, 14:24
Moen kitchen faucet

Jerry
The Moen website www.moen.com has complete details on repairing their faucets. I think you need a cartridge rather than a washer.
Fred & Jeanne Hulse
Morristown Arizona
1997 Wanderlodge WLWB41
09-24-2009, 14:48
Moen kitchen faucet
Moen faucets have a "cartridge" -- they're sold at many home centers -- and they come in several types. Moen also has a "lifetime" guarantee. Contact Moen for a replacement (and instructions).
Some Moen faucets require a special "Moen tool" to replace the cartridge. It's expensive (and I can't find the one I bought several years ago and I have a leaking Moen at home, now.... <sigh>).
Pete Masterson
(former) '95 Blue Bird Wanderlodge WBDA 42
El Sobrante CA
"aeonix1@mac.com"

On Sep 24, 2009, at 7:09 PM, jburgessx2 wrote:

My Moen faucet in the kitchen appears to have a bad gasket. I've pulled the handle off and worked my way down. Now I'm trying to find the gasket but can't find it. I don't want to break anything.

What do I need to do to replace the gasket? I did a search here and couldn't find anything. Is there a drawing?

Thanks.
09-24-2009, 15:07
Moen kitchen faucet
All,
As usual, you are all right. I checked the Moen website and located the correct model and checked on the cartridge. Fortunately, I was able to pull the cartridge without any special tool. The cartridge appears to have a couple of o-rings on it. I pulled the o-rings just to see if they were broken and they are okay. Since I don't have any o-rings to put on, I reinstalled the cartridge and the faucet doesn't leak right now. So, this should give me some time to get a replacement cartridge. I'll check locally and/or give Moen a call.
Thanks for the quick responses! I really do like this forum - problems are solved in a matter of minutes sometimes.
Jerry
85 PT40

To: WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, September 24, 2009 7:48:05 PM
Subject: Re: [WanderlodgeForum] Moen kitchen faucet

Moen faucets have a "cartridge" -- they're sold at many home centers -- and they come in several types. Moen also has a "lifetime" guarantee. Contact Moen for a replacement (and instructions) .
Some Moen faucets require a special "Moen tool" to replace the cartridge. It's expensive (and I can't find the one I bought several years ago and I have a leaking Moen at home, now.... <sigh>).

Pete Masterson
(former) '95 Blue Bird Wanderlodge WBDA 42
El Sobrante CA
"aeonix1@mac.com"

On Sep 24, 2009, at 7:09 PM, jburgessx2 wrote:

Thanks.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)