Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Big Heaping Helping of WaGu! Chunky Style!
02-19-2013, 19:51 (This post was last modified: 02-19-2013 19:52 by Itchintogo.)
Video A Big Heaping Helping of WaGu! Chunky Style!
I am a huge fan of the TED website. Incredible stuff on there. I saw this video and although it is 9 years old I thought it reflects some recent events with an eery accuracy in our great Wanderlodge community. I think the the entire Wanderlodge community and in fact anyone can benefit from spending 18 minutes of their time watching this.

Now, I knew David's profile name was davidmbrady but until now I did not know it was david"moskowitz"brady. Now you have to watch the video to find out what I am talking about. Dodgy

Thanks David for creating a place where we can hang out and have a relaxed time and agree there are several ways to accomplish a task. I learned several years ago that frequently there is more than one correct answer to a problem. There is no one "best" thing but rather many "best" things for many people. I could not think of a better time to pass this on and post this than on WaGu's one week birthday. I love how the personalities are shining through on WaGu and people are sharing more than just Birds. Here is to many many more birthdays.

Gary 82 PT 35 6V92 BC (Sold)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2013, 21:08 (This post was last modified: 02-19-2013 21:10 by davidbrady.)
RE: A Big Heaping Helping of WaGu! Chunky Style!
ROTFL, SmileSmileSmile

Gary, were you saving that for just the right occassion? In the techie world we'd say, how apropos. I loved it, but then Malcolm Gladwell is a favorite. I'll have my WaGu "thin, with no visible solids"!

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
02-20-2013, 02:42
Nope.... did not save anything. I stumbled across the video on a Food website I like. But I was already familiar with TED. It really resonated with me and I thought it was timely. So I posted it. Glad you liked it. Would be interested in what other people have to say about the video. I thought it was great!

Gary 82 PT 35 6V92 BC (Sold)
02-20-2013, 03:33 (This post was last modified: 02-20-2013 03:36 by nedb.)
(02-19-2013 21:08)davidmbrady Wrote:  ROTFL, SmileSmileSmile

Gary, were you saving that for just the right occassion? In the techie world we'd say, how apropos. I loved it, but then Malcolm Gladwell is a favorite. I'll have my WaGu "thin, with no visible solids"!

Authentic WaGo"\u00FB"t.

Mmmm. That (abstract) circumflex over the "u" really kicks Angel

Anyway, when Malcolm quotes that the brain doesn't know what the tongue wants, I thought, " Idea ". It must be that "taste" is in the domain of reflex--it doesn't have to rise into consciousness and be mulled with thought before reacting to it. Taste, smell, sound, these are the most primitive senses, they go into the brain without much filtering. In fact, only some of the data from those senses ever even rises into consciousness. Much of it is filtered out, and some other parts of it we act on without bothering to know it.

It is like when you hear a loud sound nearby, you duck and look around without even trying to think about it, because the fastest nerve fibers in your body go directly from the ear to the spine to muscles. You don't try to process it intellectually, you just do it, thereby living to think another day. Well done, fast fibers, I managed not to be decapitated by an exploding asteroid, thanks to you!

Why's this apropos of WaGu (WaGout)?

I dunno! I'm just licking the vintage Gladwell pan. It makes me deliriously happy Heart

--Ned

Ned Bedinger
'91 SP36

"The management of their horses was truly surprising. They mount and proceed with speed, without aid of anything but a small switch."

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)