Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Staying in WIlliams, AZ, was Re: Re: Crane hoist, was Greg 's truck pit
10-23-2009, 14:13
Ernie,
Across the freeway from where you are, the Canyon Gateway RV Park is a Passport America park --- base $19 if you're a Passport American member. I've stayed there twice paying about $21 per night with 50 amp service. 48 hour advance reservation as a PA member required, but if they're not full and you ask real nice, they'll waive the advance reservation.
While I've certainly stayed in more deluxe places, for where it is and what it costs, it was quite satisfactory.
Pete Masterson
(former) '95 Blue Bird Wanderlodge WBDA 42
El Sobrante CA
"aeonix1@mac.com"

On Oct 23, 2009, at 5:51 PM, Ernie Ekberg wrote:

I believe the cranes were an extra item that could be added to the original build sheet.
Ernie- Grand Canyon Railway, William, Az-- a truly class AAA facility- $39 a nite
I tried the KOA in Flagstaff exit #201. That thing was so tight I couldn't even open my storage bays. I left.

Ernie Ekberg
83PT40
Wanderlodge
Weatherford, Tx 817-475-3991

---
Quote this message in a reply
10-23-2009, 14:27
Thanks, Pete, after driving the 500 + miles today and heading into the sun, this was the first place I saw. Of course, I could have saved some bucks. Also, I drove downtown to get to this park. Took up the WHOLE street as there was some function going on. The campground attendant asked if I needed shuttle service. I said thanks, but after all those miles all I needed was a beer. I actually would not know where the shuttle would take me. So much about being- not from Williams. Cute downtown, though. Just dont take 65 feet of bird and trailer there

Ernie Ekberg
83PT40
Wanderlodge

--- On Fri, 10/23/09, Pete Masterson wrote:

Subject: Staying in WIlliams, AZ, was Re: [WanderlodgeForum] Re: Crane hoist, was Greg 's truck pit
To: WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com
Date: Friday, October 23, 2009, 9:13 PM

Ernie,
Across the freeway from where you are, the Canyon Gateway RV Park is a Passport America park --- base $19 if you're a Passport American member. I've stayed there twice paying about $21 per night with 50 amp service. 48 hour advance reservation as a PA member required, but if they're not full and you ask real nice, they'll waive the advance reservation.
While I've certainly stayed in more deluxe places, for where it is and what it costs, it was quite satisfactory.

Pete Masterson
(former) '95 Blue Bird Wanderlodge WBDA 42
El Sobrante CA

On Oct 23, 2009, at 5:51 PM, Ernie Ekberg wrote:

I believe the cranes were an extra item that could be added to the original build sheet.
Ernie- Grand Canyon Railway, William, Az-- a truly class AAA facility- $39 a nite
I tried the KOA in Flagstaff exit #201. That thing was so tight I couldn't even open my storage bays. I left.

Ernie Ekberg
83PT40
Wanderlodge

---
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)