11-15-2009, 01:48
leveling units (HWH)
Greetings to all!

I have an 83 35F FC and today's issue is the front levelers. The passenger side
appears different from the drivers side which is marked AP7001 there is no
marking on the passenger side. The main difference that jumps out at you is the
connector which is not connected. But now on to the problem, the passenger side
will not retract fully, leaving about ~4" of ram extended. I have disconnected
the supply line and loosened the line from the foot end of the unit that runs to
the top of the cylinder, but it is still extended. The smaller line (from the
foot to the top)was not completely disconnected out of fear. Book says that
there is protection built in for moving with the ram extended, but I am
beginning to feel that the ram is damaged, or a needle valve is stuck. Any
thought or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Bill Mills
Livingston Tx.
83' 35FC
Quote this message in a reply
11-15-2009, 03:16
leveling units (HWH)
I suggest calling HWH 563 724-3396.

Curt Sprenger
1987 PT38 8V92 "MacAttack Racing"
Anaheim Hills, CA

On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 5:48 AM, colitatx <"colitatx@yahoo.com"> wrote:

Greetings to all!

I have an 83 35F FC and today's issue is the front levelers. The passenger side appears different from the drivers side which is marked AP7001 there is no marking on the passenger side. The main difference that jumps out at you is the connector which is not connected. But now on to the problem, the passenger side will not retract fully, leaving about ~4" of ram extended. I have disconnected the supply line and loosened the line from the foot end of the unit that runs to the top of the cylinder, but it is still extended. The smaller line (from the foot to the top)was not completely disconnected out of fear. Book says that there is protection built in for moving with the ram extended, but I am beginning to feel that the ram is damaged, or a needle valve is stuck. Any thought or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Bill Mills

Livingston Tx.

83' 35FC

11-15-2009, 17:02
leveling units (HWH)
Wanderlodge used the flip down HWH leveling jacks on the front in that era coach. These were single acting cylinders that extended under hyd. pressure and retracted from the weight of the bus and from the external springs. Are you shure it's not just weak return springs keeping the jack from fully retracting, I used to occasionaly have touse a 4 foot crow bar to force mine to fully close ona 1985 PT40.
Wayne
96 WB42

To: WanderlodgeForum@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sun, November 15, 2009 7:48:14 AM
Subject: [WanderlodgeForum] leveling units (HWH)

Greetings to all!

I have an 83 35F FC and today's issue is the front levelers. The passenger side appears different from the drivers side which is marked AP7001 there is no marking on the passenger side. The main difference that jumps out at you is the connector which is not connected. But now on to the problem, the passenger side will not retract fully, leaving about ~4" of ram extended. I have disconnected the supply line and loosened the line from the foot end of the unit that runs to the top of the cylinder, but it is still extended. The smaller line (from the foot to the top)was not completely disconnected out of fear. Book says that there is protection built in for moving with the ram extended, but I am beginning to feel that the ram is damaged, or a needle valve is stuck. Any thought or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Bill Mills
Livingston Tx.
83' 35FC

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)