Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battery Watering Systems
04-16-2013, 23:30 (This post was last modified: 04-16-2013 23:44 by cmillsap.)
Battery Watering Systems
If I were replacing my batteries; I would spend the extra money to install AGMs. A lot of the coaches that I have been looking at to replace my M380 have new or fairly new wet cell 8D house batteries that require frequent replendishing of the de-ionized water. So if you have 6 of those Xs 6 cells each, you got a lotta cells to manually check and fill.

I've been looking on the internet for a good Battery bank watering system. Some limit the number of batteries in the bank that their system can service and others put no limitations on the number of batteries their system can service.

I'm thinking 2 seperate systems servicing three batteries each would probably perform the best. I think the cost to install a complete watering system would cost around $300.

I would appreciate any recommendations based on your experiences using a watering system. Also, any recommendations on which brand is the best one to use would be appreciated.

Chuck

Chuck & Tela Millsap
2003 Prevost Marathon XLII
2000 LXi #2 S/S (Sold)
2004 M380 D/S (Sold)
2000 LXi #1 N/S (Sold
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-16-2013, 23:45 (This post was last modified: 04-16-2013 23:46 by csprenger.)
RE: Battery Watering Systems
(04-16-2013 23:30)cmillsap Wrote:  If I were replacing my batteries; I would spend the extra money to install AGMs A lot of the coaches that I have been looking at to replace my M380 have new or fairly new wet cell 8D house batteries that require frequent replendishing of the de-ionized water. So if you have 6 of those Xs 6 cells each, you got a lotta cells to manually check and fill.

I've been looking on the internet for a good Battery bank watering system. Some limit the number of batteries in the bank that their system can service and others put no limitations on the number of batteries their system can service.

I'm thinking 2 seperate systems servicing three batteries each would probably perform the best. I think the cost to install a complete watering system would cost around $300.

I would appreciate any recommendations based on your experiences using a watering system. Also, any recommendations on which brand is the best one to use would be appreciated.

Chuck

I have the battery Aquapro Battery Watering System that Stephen Birtles sells. Right now I'm watering 6 batteries in about 10 seconds. I plan to add two batteries. I'm confident the system will work just fine with the eight.

Curt Sprenger
1987 PT38 "MacAttack Racing"
Anaheim Hills, CA
cosresources@gmail.com
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)