Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Stainless Steel Exhaust, '95 WB thru LXi
04-29-2013, 12:43 (This post was last modified: 04-29-2013 12:44 by davidbrady.)
Stainless Steel Exhaust, '95 WB thru LXi
Folks,

These stainless steel goodies are a drop in replacements for your existing OEM parts. They're available from:

Roger at: http://www.bhtubes.com

The material is 304 stainless, 16 gauge. These particular pipes have a brushed finish, and frankly could use a bit of cleanup. I'm sure Roger at BHTubes.com would polish them to a mirror finish if asked. The welds are beautifully stiched. The match between old and new is close to perfect. I use Westfalia's Triple-S flexible hose to connect the two.

BHTubes also has replacement SS Steel exhaust tubes for the '95 thru '97 Series-60 equipped coaches.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)
İmage İmage

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-30-2013, 09:28 (This post was last modified: 04-30-2013 10:07 by davidbrady.)
RE: Stainless Steel Exhaust, '95 WB thru LXi
Folks,

The flex pipe and clamps I used are Westfalia Triple S pieces:

Flex pipe: WFF-515 (2.5" overlap on each pipe, installed length is 15"),
Clamps: WFC5 clamp (2).

I run a Pittsburgh Power muffler. Back when I did my exhaust system I had Pittsburgh custom make a 51.5", 6" inlet/outlet muffler. They now carry it as a stocked item:

http://www.pittsburghpower.com/product_i...108fe9675c

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)
İmage İmage İmage İmage İmage

david brady,

[+] 3 users Like davidbrady's post
03-18-2015, 18:29 (This post was last modified: 03-18-2015 18:36 by cmillsap.)
(04-30-2013 09:28)davidbrady Wrote:  Folks,

The flex pipe and clamps I used are Westfalia Triple S pieces:

Flex pipe: WFF-515 (2.5" overlap on each pipe, installed length is 15"),
Clamps: WFC5 clamp (2).

I run a Pittsburgh Power muffler. Back when I did my exhaust system I had Pittsburgh custom make a 51.5", 6" inlet/outlet muffler. They now carry it as a stocked item:

http://www.pittsburghpower.com/product_i...108fe9675c

David,

Is the clamp that connects the S-tube to the turbo a special type? I have all the stainless part #s to replace the exhaust system on my bus except that particular clamp. I would appreciate it if you would tell me where you got it. Here are the part # that I am getting ready to order. Do I need anything else? I'm doing this now because I am having my radiator re-cored and that allows great access to the engine and exhaust components.

Is your pittsburg muffler the same length as the OEM muffler? I ask to make sure that the 15" flex coupling is long enough.

Truck Pipe Store
Westfalia part # WFF-515 15"s long with 2.5" overlap = $60
Westfalia part # WFC-5 Clamps 2 @ $13 each

BHTubes
Part # MHE1867498 Stainless Steel S=Tube = $525
Part # MHE1867597 stainless Exhaust Tube = $425

Chuck

Chuck & Tela Millsap
2003 Prevost Marathon XLII
2000 LXi #2 S/S (Sold)
2004 M380 D/S (Sold)
2000 LXi #1 N/S (Sold
03-18-2015, 22:41
Chuck,

The clamp is a Breeze V-Band clamp, part number: V0588A02. I can't find my receipt for this particular clamp, but I think I got if from Clark's Power Services (Detroit Diesel Allison) in Charlotte, NC. I wasn't able to find this part number online, so you may want to call Breeze to see if it's been superseded. Pics please! This is sounding like a great project. Good luck!

david brady,

03-19-2015, 00:44
(03-18-2015 22:41)davidbrady Wrote:  Chuck,

The clamp is a Breeze V-Band clamp, part number: V0588A02. I can't find my receipt for this particular clamp, but I think I got if from Clark's Power Services (Detroit Diesel Allison) in Charlotte, NC. I wasn't able to find this part number online, so you may want to call Breeze to see if it's been superseded. Pics please! This is sounding like a great project. Good luck!

Thanks David,
I'll call breeze in the A.M.
One more question please: Will I also need 2 sealing flanges to go with that V-Band Turbo Clamp?

Chuck

Chuck & Tela Millsap
2000 LXi #2 S/S (Sold)
2004 M380 D/S (Sold)
2000 LXi #1 N/S (Sold
03-19-2015, 10:16
Chuck,

The clamp is complete, no flange assemblies required. You have the turbo, the s-pipe (both with flanged surfaces), and the Breeze V-Band clamp. No additional parts.

I wonder if you're going to be happy with the muffler I used. The jake is pretty loud with that muffler; otherwise, it's acceptable. The noise police in California may have an issue with it.

david brady,

03-19-2015, 10:39
(03-19-2015 10:16)davidbrady Wrote:  Chuck,

The clamp is complete, no flange assemblies required. You have the turbo, the s-pipe (both with flanged surfaces), and the Breeze V-Band clamp. No additional parts.

I wonder if you're going to be happy with the muffler I used. The jake is pretty loud with that muffler; otherwise, it's acceptable. The noise police in California may have an issue with it.

Thanks again, David,

I wasn't planning on replacing the muffler as I just replaced it last year with an original model muffler. I just wanted to be sure the distance from the bottom of your muffler was the same as it is with an OEM muffler. Any difference would effect the length of the flex coupling needed. After thinking about it tho, the bottom/intake end of your muffler must be located exactly where the OEM muffler was located, otherwise the tubes would not line up in a straight fashion as I see they do in the pics you posted showing the entire assembly.

Chuck

Chuck & Tela Millsap
2000 LXi #2 S/S (Sold)
2004 M380 D/S (Sold)
2000 LXi #1 N/S (Sold
03-19-2015, 11:01
Any time Chuck, Smile

Yes, the Pittsburgh muffler is the same size as the OEM Nelson muffler which is the standard 51.5" long and 11.5" in diameter. All the pipes line up with either muffler.

david brady,

03-19-2015, 13:52
Chuck,

Slather the flex pipe band clamps with anti seize, the entire band surface. If you don't the stainless will gall and once that happens there's little chance of cinching the clamps down fully for an air tight seal.

david brady,

03-23-2015, 17:15
(03-19-2015 00:44)cmillsap Wrote:  [quote='davidbrady' pid='52987' dateline='1426729300']
Chuck,

Thanks, David,

In case some other member needs the correct V-Band Turbo Clamp for their LXi, here's the information on it.

I found a gentleman (Wayne) at Parts System in Portland, OR (Ph: 800 573 2324) who knew exactly what I was looking for and cross referenced your part # to the new Breeze Part #.

It is Breeze # BR-VT10588A023A.

Chuck

Chuck & Tela Millsap
2000 LXi #2 S/S (Sold)
2004 M380 D/S (Sold)
2000 LXi #1 N/S (Sold
[+] 2 users Like cmillsap's post

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)