Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LXi slide articulating
05-01-2013, 17:59 (This post was last modified: 05-01-2013 18:01 by davidbrady.)
LXi slide articulating
Folks,

Just for grins I documented my living room slide in action today. Notice the sound of an HWH hydraulic pump motor getting plenty of voltage. All the windows are open and I'm inside my garage so the sound is noticeable:

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2013, 21:10
RE: LXi slide articulating
I remember that coach

Ernie Ekberg
Prevost Liberty Classic XL
Weatherford, Tx
http://www.ernieekbergflooring.net
[+] 1 user Likes ernie ekberg's post
05-01-2013, 21:49
David . I noticed you have changed out your front drivers seat , what brand did you decide to go with ?

or do my eyes deceive me ?

al perna
2000 LXI
ormond beach fla
05-01-2013, 23:32
(05-01-2013 21:10)ernie ekberg Wrote:  I remember that coach

That was an experience Ernie! The floor is more beautiful every day! The video doesn't do it justice - the colors are way off. Smile

(05-01-2013 21:49)al perna Wrote:  David . I noticed you have changed out your front drivers seat , what brand did you decide to go with ?

or do my eyes deceive me ?

Al, I installed an ISRI 6800 bus seat. I never leave home without it! Smile It's fully air adjustable and it has a shock (which makes all the difference). It's wonderful! Smile

david brady,

05-02-2013, 15:21
Didn't your stock seat have a shock? Mine does and yes, it probably needs replacement!

John Mace
06 450LXi bigger bird
living in the wild hinterlands of the north
free to roam without the man getting me down
05-02-2013, 15:22
(05-02-2013 15:21)Arcticdude Wrote:  Didn't your stock seat have a shock? Mine does and yes, it probably needs replacement!

Yes it did. I should've been clearer. The ISRI 6800 has an 'adjustable' shock. Smile

david brady,

05-02-2013, 15:26
Gotcha! Clarity is a good thing! Wink

John Mace
06 450LXi bigger bird
living in the wild hinterlands of the north
free to roam without the man getting me down
05-03-2013, 23:24 (This post was last modified: 05-03-2013 23:27 by cmillsap.)
(05-02-2013 15:22)davidmbrady Wrote:  
(05-02-2013 15:21)Arcticdude Wrote:  Didn't your stock seat have a shock? Mine does and yes, it probably needs replacement!

Yes it did. I should've been clearer. The ISRI 6800 has an 'adjustable' shock. Smile

David,

When I bought the LXi, The driver's seat had been scuffed badly on the right shoulder of the backrest. This was happening due to the seat back resting against the slide edge. When the seat would work on the air spring, it would cause the backrest to rub up & down against the slide edge. I'm sure some of the damage was done also because the P.O. forgot to move the seat forward before extending the slide.

I already have had the seat recovered with new ultraleather because it looked pretty bad.

Now we have to be careful not to allow the backrest to touch the slide. That makes the seat a little too close to the steering wheel for me.

Does your new seat interfere with the slide when it is being extended? Do you have to move the seat forward to extend the slide? Do you have ample legroom with the seat moved away from the slide?

I'm not sure how we are going to solve this problem. Presently, Tela is placing a towel over the backrest to prevent the scuffing.

Chuck & Tela Millsap
2003 Prevost Marathon XLII
2000 LXi #2 S/S (Sold)
2004 M380 D/S (Sold)
2000 LXi #1 N/S (Sold
05-03-2013, 23:42
Chuck,

I'm 6'3" and I have sufficient leg room. It could be better, but it's plenty adequate for me. I can move the seat thru it's full range of travel and it won't interfere with the slide body nor the steering column. I can recline the backrest beyond the point of ridiculousness and it still doesn't interfere with the slide body. The original seat has many drawbacks, but by the same token the ISRI 6800 bus seat may not be for everyone. The 6800 is definitely more European in it's firmness and lack of cushioning. Some have complained that the thigh support is short and inadequate. I have long legs and I like it. The feature set, air adjustments, the air ride, and the adjustable shock far outweigh any of the seat's deficiencies for me. Seats are very personal, no two tushes are the same! The stock seat is more of a living room recliner than a true drivers seat, for me it had to go.

david brady,

07-03-2013, 19:55
(05-01-2013 17:59)davidmbrady Wrote:  Folks,

Just for grins I documented my living room slide in action today. Notice the sound of an HWH hydraulic pump motor getting plenty of voltage. All the windows are open and I'm inside my garage so the sound is noticeable:

Hey David
Nice video and good looking floor!
Your slide moves very smoothly especially on the start of the extend.
You mentioned on an earlier post that there was a counter balance or equalizing valve on the hydraulic system that sometimes get out of sync?
After leveling the coach we sometimes experience a jolt as the slide begins to extend. It is not as smooth as yours.
Other times it moves very slow, maybe an inch per minute with a noticable strain on the pump (~150 amps).
My solution to this condition is to let it sit for up to 12 hours and then extend.
Retract is not a problem.
There are no obstructions on the interior rollers and there is noticable daylight at the seals.
New engine batteries.
Any comments
Darrell

2000 Lxi
Slide
4 dogs

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)