Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LXi slide articulating
07-03-2013, 22:18 (This post was last modified: 07-03-2013 22:19 by davidbrady.)
RE: LXi slide articulating
Hi Darrell,

Page 5 of this HWH slide room troubleshooting document suggests checking the power and ground to the extend solenoid. Since the pump is running under load when trying to extend we can rule out the possibility of a stuck open retract solenoid. If the power and ground checkout then I'd replace the extend solenoid. You might try unbolting the extend and retract solenoids and swapping them, there should be minimal fluid loss.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-04-2013, 15:43
(07-03-2013 22:18)davidmbrady Wrote:  Hi Darrell,

Page 5 of this HWH slide room troubleshooting document suggests checking the power and ground to the extend solenoid. Since the pump is running under load when trying to extend we can rule out the possibility of a stuck open retract solenoid. If the power and ground checkout then I'd replace the extend solenoid. You might try unbolting the extend and retract solenoids and swapping them, there should be minimal fluid loss.

David
Thanks for the link very helpful
I searched HWH site to find out about locking pins and sensors. Only found parts info.
Do you know where I can find how the locking pins work with the slide logic?
Seems like my forward sensor bracket is bent and not indexing with the target on the slide.

2000 Lxi
Slide
4 dogs
07-04-2013, 16:21
Hey Darrell,

It's over here: Document Library > House > HWH. When I get home I'll dig the document out for you.It's implemented as a state machine in relays - the slide in our coaches doesn't use a microprocessor for control. There are signals and LEDs to look at.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
07-04-2013, 16:31
(07-04-2013 16:21)davidmbrady Wrote:  Hey Darrell,

It's over here: Document Library > House > HWH. When I get home I'll dig the document out for you.It's implemented as a state machine in relays - the slide in our coaches doesn't use a microprocessor for control. There are signals and LEDs to look at.

Thanks David
I found the database after I posted.
I should have used the term "relay logic".

2000 Lxi
Slide
4 dogs
07-05-2013, 09:52
I have been having a issue at times with the Slide Seal NOT Deflating . I have found , I must open the valve on the small air tank and allow air to escape . as the air is escaping , I am then able to go thru the steps to extend or retract the slide .

any ideas on what is going on and how to remedy would be appreciated . thanks

al perna
2000 LXI
ormond beach fla
07-05-2013, 22:19
(07-05-2013 09:52)al perna Wrote:  I have been having a issue at times with the Slide Seal NOT Deflating . I have found , I must open the valve on the small air tank and allow air to escape . as the air is escaping , I am then able to go thru the steps to extend or retract the slide .

any ideas on what is going on and how to remedy would be appreciated . thanks

Hello Al
On my slide
There is a fill solenoid under the drivers side 2nd forward compartment.
Attached to the vent side of that solenoid is another solenoid that is used to evacuate the seal.
I will confirm the exact operation when I'm back at the coach but this should put you at the location.
D

2000 Lxi
Slide
4 dogs
07-06-2013, 01:10
thanks Darrell, If I could post a Pic , you could see my dilemma . There are valves all over the place , which one evacuates the seal ? if someone could post a pic showing the solenoid or valve responsible , I would be appreciative .

al perna
2000 LXI
ormond beach fla

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)