Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Some famous moderator is having a Birthday this week!
05-06-2013, 09:59
Some famous moderator is having a Birthday this week!
According to Facebook, which is hardly ever wrong, our creator/moderator just survived another year as a unique human on our little planet. Happy Birthday Mr B!!!!Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes gondolaguy's post
05-06-2013, 12:24
RE: Some famous moderator is having a Birthday this week!
Happy Birthday lil bro........ MANY MANY MORE!Wink Enjoy the day with your family and thanks for all the hard work and effort!

Pete and Donna Chin
95 42' WLWB
On The Road Always! :-)
" We'll raise up our glasses against evil forces singing,
Whiskey for my men, and beer for my horses!"
-Toby Keith & Willie Nelson
- The bridge from Toby Keith's title album track "beer for my horses"
[+] 1 user Likes pgchin's post
05-06-2013, 14:26
Happy birthday D-man! Hope it was a good one!

John Mace
06 450LXi bigger bird
living in the wild hinterlands of the north
free to roam without the man getting me down
[+] 1 user Likes Arcticdude's post
05-06-2013, 15:50
Awe, Happy Birthday David!

If I was there I'd plant a big one right on your forehead.

bee

Jennifer and Darrell Snell
2000 LXi ME SS
Florida - Palm Harbor and McAlpin
[+] 1 user Likes Ms. Bee's post
05-06-2013, 18:17
Thanks everyone, even if I do need to bring my own cake! Hahahaa Smile Actually, my bday is on the 8th and I'll be 53! Wow, how did that happen. The days go slow but the years fly! Smile Thanks again!

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
[+] 1 user Likes davidbrady's post
05-06-2013, 20:28
Ms. Bee, now I know what you mean about the 'double-LIKE'! If only I could double-LIKE I would! I guess maybe WaGu isn't perfected just yet. Oh... where might one look for inspiration... sigh...

david brady,

05-07-2013, 02:54 (This post was last modified: 05-07-2013 03:59 by Itchintogo.)
As some of you know I have been away for a few days on an adventure! I have found a weird and strangely magical place that not many know about. I like it and dislike it at the same time. And I arrive home to find out that DMB has a B day coming up. So... as usual I have a story. B days remind us of our time here. And that is GOOD!

This morning I was out on the water in a boat and we thought a toast to "absent friends" appropriate. Absent meaning of course people who are no longer with us. This was on approval of a friend and widow that was present in the boat. We did kind of spring it on her out in the lake. Idea Someone I drove 500 miles the past few days to a summer home because she has a medical condition and can't do it anymore. Then I boarded the smallest plane I have ever flown on and bounced around in the air to get home. I might be getting too old for that!! BTW David and I are very close in age. Big GrinBig GrinTongue

Part of the magic is that we were on the deepest fjord in North America and perhaps the world. But for sure North America. Yes get your google on! And it is so pristine and the water so pure it is drinkable. All ninety miles and at times 2300 hundred feet deep of it. Another clue.

So we stopped the boat and admired the mirror/glass calm water, the beauty of spring with new beginnings, the mountains and the reflection of the mountains in the water. The silence. And the Boxer who was licking my hand and making friends.

Then a friend opened a cooler and brought out a very fine single malt scotch and we asked if it was OK to toast Larry. The widow agreed.

We poured some very fine whisky into our glasses and then dipped a glass into the lake right beside our boat for a press or mix depending on your fancy. Why??? Because you can when your there. Pure magic. The water is tested constantly.

Then we ran that boat through the narrows and felt the power of nature as we fought 1350 CFM of water coming back through. At times very shallow so you navigate carefully.

It was a great day and a true experience. A good birthday story. So David celebrate your birthday and experience all that there is. I know you do and you speak the truth. And you can back it up.

Once upon a time there was a guy who found the ukuleles that have become famous on WaGu. So in that vein this song is to one of the nicest guys I know, a guy who will stand up and voice his opinion, a guy who will be cast out for just telling the truth, and a guy who I have admired and stood ground with fearlessly and has never let me down. The truth of that stands more strongly today than ever.

The ukuleles are adaptable, modern, invincible and versatile. 4 little strong strings.  Here is proof in a very modern ukulele birthday favorite.

In the most grand WaGu fashion on the B day of DMB....Cue the ukuleles!

Gary 82 PT 35 6V92 BC (Sold)
[+] 2 users Like Itchintogo's post
05-07-2013, 10:47
OK,OK lil Bro,

A day early but here is your bday gift!Tongue
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3MgQqT3uHY
I hope you and the whole family enjoy!Wink Watch it with the kids!

Gary, I've seen that area you went to on cable.....10 of the words most beautiful places, good choice!

Pete and Donna Chin
95 42' WLWB
[+] 1 user Likes pgchin's post
05-07-2013, 11:17 (This post was last modified: 05-07-2013 11:20 by davidbrady.)
(05-07-2013 02:54)Itchintogo Wrote:  ...So we stopped the boat and admired the mirror/glass calm water, the beauty of spring with new beginnings, the mountains and the reflection of the mountains in the water. The silence. And the Boxer who was licking my hand and making friends.

Then a friend opened a cooler and brought out a very fine single malt scotch and we asked if it was OK to toast Larry. The widow agreed.

We poured some very fine whisky into our glasses and then dipped a glass into the lake right beside our boat for a press or mix depending on your fancy. Why??? Because you can when your there. Pure magic....

Gary,

You're one of those individuals who make us want to be better than we truly are!

Thanks for sharing your story - Larry's widow is very fortunate to have your friendship as we all are here on WaGu! Cheers!

(05-07-2013 10:47)pgchin Wrote:  OK,OK lil Bro,

A day early but here is your bday gift!Tongue

I hope you and the whole family enjoy!Wink Watch it with the kids!

Fantastic Pete, Thanks! My kids will love it too. I wonder if there's a ukulele playing penguin out there some where? Tongue

david brady,

05-07-2013, 15:03 (This post was last modified: 05-07-2013 15:04 by pgchin.)
(05-07-2013 11:17)davidmbrady Wrote:  Fantastic Pete, Thanks! My kids will love it too. I wonder if there's a ukulele playing penguin out there some where? Tongue

Hummm, see that, not yet 53 years young and your eyes are already starting to go! Big GrinWink He was sitting on the hill in the last scene!Wink here's a closeup... and yes he is having a margarita to celebrate your B day while he is playing!Angel He was kinda hiding so he does not set a bad example for your kids! :-)

Pete and Donna Chin
95 42' WLWB

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)