Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Welcome Yahoo WanderlodgeForum
05-14-2013, 11:44
RE: Welcome Yahoo WanderlodgeForum
(05-13-2013 21:46)ernie ekberg Wrote:  A point of clarification is in order.
Bruce Morris and I started the original wanderlodge forum. Period,
He opted for the pay for play forum. I chose not.
In 2005, I launched- Wanderlodgeforum.org. I asked Mike Bulriss, Ralph Fullenwider and Ron Marabito to be with me as moderators.
I may be an old flooring installer to some, but I was there at the beginning.

You may be a flooring guy but I don't think your that old ( you don't behave like it and that is what counts) and I know how old you are!

I know from hearing it over the years your history timeline is correct.
You chose to launch not one forum but two when things changed to keep everything equitable for all. This demonstrates immense character and integrity that is a rare find.

WaGu was created and built on the same philosophy for many of the same reasons so I and alot of others are glad that the equitable for everyone with no financial gain for any party lives on. We shall be proud of that.

Your legacy will live on here as that was your original intent. Just to make it a good place for everyone. People are people and everyone needs to vent a bit so as we turn a page at WaGu I could not be happier for you.

Ernie, you really are one of the original forum pioneers.WaGu is merely the modern day format for guys like you and Ron and Ralph and Mike and me and a raft of others.

Gary 82 PT 35 6V92 BC (Sold)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Itchintogo's post
05-14-2013, 15:47 (This post was last modified: 05-14-2013 15:50 by davidbrady.)
Dang, this is one heavy page. Gosh if I could only get it halfway. Come on guys I need a few of you on this side. There we go, almost there, keep pushin, put your backs into it, we can do it! Don't let up! LOL Smile

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
05-14-2013, 19:57
Thanks, guys. I believe we started with the initial thought about a forum back in 2000. I first talked to Bruce when we were both on the Vintage Bird site and it kept going down. He posted a note asking for prints for his coach. I just happened to have an extra set- and the rest is history. Richard Doty was the webmaster on VB forum before he coulkdn';t do it anymore and Kathy Lawrence took over. She was going blind and could not do that anymore- thus Shane Fideli stepped in. I did create the wanderlodge ladies forum.

Ernie Ekberg
Prevost Liberty Classic XL
Weatherford, Tx
http://www.ernieekbergflooring.net
05-15-2013, 22:36
Funny how life throws us opportunities. Sometimes we know they are before we take them and sometimes we don't know until a long time afterwards.

Thanks for the history lesson! That's cool to know.

John Mace
06 450LXi bigger bird
living in the wild hinterlands of the north
free to roam without the man getting me down
08-27-2014, 01:20 (This post was last modified: 08-27-2014 08:00 by travelite.)
Folks,

I just learned that most of you don't know that the yahoo:groups:wanderlodgeforum archives are here on WaGu. There's a lot of great posts and history in these archives.

Enjoy, and if you come across something you like, bump it so the rest of us can benefit.

david brady,

08-28-2014, 11:23 (This post was last modified: 08-28-2014 11:26 by davidbrady.)
Folks

The WanderlodgeForum Attachments, Databases, Files, and Pics can be found here: WanderlodgeGurus -> Document Library -> WanderlodgeForum. Have fun! Smile

david brady,

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)