Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Yahoo Style Email Push
05-13-2013, 17:03 (This post was last modified: 05-14-2013 09:49 by davidbrady.)
Yahoo Style Email Push
Some of us have grown accustomed to the push technology Yahoo uses whenever someone posts a new message.

Built in to myBB is a similar feature called "Forum and Thread Subscription".

You can subscribe to any Forum by bringing up the forum and clicking on "Subscribe to this forum" circled in red in the following snippet:

You can subscribe to any Thread by bringing up a thread and clicking on "Subscribe to this thread":

After subscribing to the thread you'll be asked if you want individual emails, click yes:

In your UserCP you can manage your Forum and Thread subscriptions:

The way it works is if you're subscribed to a forum then whenever a thread is created you get an email. The email contains the complete text of the post.

The same with subscribing to a thread. Every time a member makes a new post to the thread the subscriber gets an email containing the complete text of the post.

If you're subscribed to a Forum and someone creates a thread, you get one email; i.e., if another post is made, you don't get an email.

The idea is you can subscribe to every forum on WaGu to monitor the creation of new threads. You can read the first message of each new thread thru email. If the thread looks interesting you need to login to WaGu to subscribe to that thread. From that point on you'll be emailed all the messages posted to that thread.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)