$1 to $100
$101 to $250
$251 to $500
Anything it takes!
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
POLL: Remote Monitor/Control of your Wanderlodge
06-01-2013, 13:33 (This post was last modified: 06-01-2013 13:37 by davidbrady.)
POLL: Remote Monitor/Control of your Wanderlodge
Assuming data plans are just a few dollars a month and can be purchased contract free on a month by month as needed basis. How much would you spend to be able to remotely monitor and control major systems in your bus? Think pet safety when left alone in an enclosed motorhome, extended repairs at a service facility, or long term storage in a remote location, etc.

Scroll up to vote in the Poll.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like davidbrady's post
06-02-2013, 00:31
RE: POLL: Remote Monitor/Control of your Wanderlodge
David:

The light has come on and I think I see where you are going with this. Can I buy into your new company?

2003 LXI dbl. slide

George & Norma Fox
Mexico in Winter
Alaska in Summer
http://www.doszorros.com
[+] 1 user Likes DOSZORROS's post
06-02-2013, 12:49
The Pet thing does it for me. I know there are ways we can do things now to mitigate the risk but nothing like an iphone or android for live info! I'd enjoy myself a WHOLE lot better when we are out and about touring alone while the Pack is in the bus!Big Grin I'd actually tour MORE alone with this equipment...... we have a "special needs" dog, temperature is really important!

Pete and Donna Chin
95 42' WLWB
On The Road Always! :-)
" We'll raise up our glasses against evil forces singing,
Whiskey for my men, and beer for my horses!"
-Toby Keith & Willie Nelson
- The bridge from Toby Keith's title album track "beer for my horses"
06-03-2013, 09:32
I would like this. I was thinking about one of the new thermostats with inet connections. I could change the thermostat remotely (supposedly).
Maybe a webcam with thermo imaging would suffice but not sure how economically feasible that would be. We need something that would open the door in case of fire but my dog is scared of the steps so would probably be found crispy at the top of the steps looking out... I like her that way though because I can leave the door open and not have to worry about her escaping...

Karen and Adrian Abshire
Full Timing in 'Mauvelous', our 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40 PT
'... if we ain't having fun it ain't worth doing ...'
06-05-2013, 13:35 (This post was last modified: 06-05-2013 13:36 by davidbrady.)
Thanks for your input everyone, and please keep voting! To vote scroll to the top of this thread.

So far we're probably looking at around $400 for the equipment to get connected over the cell phone network (gsm/CDMA router and ZigBee gateway) and less than fifty bucks for an arduino and XBee shield to allow throwing switches and sensing temperature, etc (monitoring and control). Then there's a buy as you go data plan for around $4 to $8 per month.

This set of equipment will also be able to directly send you a text for immediate alarm conditions.

david brady,

06-05-2013, 17:27
To keep voting, the going rate(here at least) is $20 and a pint of mad dog 20/20. It's hard to keep going back to the cemetery and getting new names and addressesBig Grin

Steve Gureasko
90 WBSA "Jus Chillin"
Ponchatoula, La.
[+] 1 user Likes patticake's post
06-05-2013, 17:48
(06-05-2013 17:27)patticake Wrote:  To keep voting, the going rate(here at least) is $20 and a pint of mad dog 20/20. It's hard to keep going back to the cemetery and getting new names and addressesBig Grin

ROTFL! Smile Ahh, the beauty of the internet, you can be anyone you want to be as many times as you like! LOL Thanks for the vote Steve!

david brady,

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)