Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
you are an impressive bunch
06-08-2013, 12:12
you are an impressive bunch
as i have gotten to know more and more of you and have followed your postings on this and other forums, i have to say how impressed i am with your knowledge, friendliness and passion.

it is funny how things turn out. serendipity as a good friend of mine often says....i shopped hard for a bird for nearly 6 months. i was flying out to florida on a friday to buy a beautiful bird and i called right before i left for the airport and found out the fellow had sold it. so that is how close i came...i made an offer on another one but it was not as advertised so we retracted our offer. cant say i didnt try.

then i happened upon my first newell. now on my second one. i could have been happy in a bird as well.

and then.....back i am in the midst of the birdmen and birdwomen. and it has been extremely enjoyable. i feel great that there will be at least one wanderlodge at our newellgurus rally in south dakota later this month (and a few prevosts, foretravels, etc)

david has become a great friend and i grovel in his presence and knowledge of these great machines. he is a great fellow and crazy smart as most of you are (not sure who isnt....ha)

my wife and i talk about this frequently. that is we NEVER expected to get a whole new set of dear friends out of having a coach. we have so many wonderful friends, some of which i feel like i have known my whole life and i have never even met them face to face. we correspond, we talk on the phone etc. many many of my newell friends have been to our home and us to theirs. we have met 2 already on this trip and will be staying at anothers home next week.

i see that same thing with the bird gang.

thanks for letting me be part of your world.

regards,

tom mccloud

2002 Two Slide Newell Coach 608 DD Series 60, Allison 6 speed
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like encantotom's post
06-08-2013, 21:46
RE: you are an impressive bunch
A heartfelt thank you to you Tom! I deeply appreciate everything you said. It's folks like you who make forums like this possible and enjoyable, and as most of us know, none of this would exist without your generosity. We have a lot of talented people here, yourself included, and I'm blessed to have your friendship and theirs. I concur with your assessment that we're a passionate, compassionate, supportive, and smart set who love nothing more than to help out their fellow man. Tom, it means a great deal to me to have you as a friend and to have you're participation here on WaGu as well as that of all the other Newell owners. We almost had you as a Bird owner, but life worked its magic and here we are today and we're the richer for the diversity that you and the Newell gang bring. I wouldn't change it for anything! Happy travels friend! Smile

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
06-09-2013, 22:35
look at the badges on the top front of the tool box...

tom

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

2002 Two Slide Newell Coach 608 DD Series 60, Allison 6 speed
[+] 2 users Like encantotom's post
06-09-2013, 22:43
(06-09-2013 22:35)encantotom Wrote:  look at the badges on the top front of the tool box...

tom

By golly, they use the same tools!

I feel there's synergy between Newell and Blue-Bird. The guru web is a fun place to hang out, with interesting, friendly people discussing sooo many things.

Looking forward to reading more of your posts, Tom. And "Thank You!" for helping to get the Wanderlodge Guru site off the ground. It is unique, a real tibute to the power of the software in the hands of capable administrators Smile

Best regards!

-------
Ned Bedinger
Southworth, WA
'91 SP36 +1988.5 Samurai
[+] 1 user Likes nedb's post
06-10-2013, 10:22 (This post was last modified: 06-10-2013 14:08 by pgchin.)
Tom,
Thank you for the very kind words. I am so Glad you and David got together and set up the two websites. Between the two of you and your "helpers" you both brought a new wonderful synergy to the Wanderlodge and Newell community! I feel like we are one HUGE Family just trying to lighten the load and help each other out, especially with Ernie,Mike, and Ralph's team here! Plenty of old school experienced Wanderlodgers!!!!Wink I am so glad to be a part of both forums.......truly very smart and helpful people on BOTH product lines!!!!!!Big Grin
I also agree with you, I could be happy with either product lines, both are marvelous machines with a lot of common subsystems for us to share info on, do group buys, etc!

Pete and Donna Chin
95 42' WLWB
On The Road Always! :-)
" We'll raise up our glasses against evil forces singing,
Whiskey for my men, and beer for my horses!"
-Toby Keith & Willie Nelson
- The bridge from Toby Keith's title album track "beer for my horses"

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)