• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Headlight lenses
06-12-2013, 15:13
Headlight lenses
Hi,

I am looking for both the right and left side headlight/turn signal lenses for
my 2003 40' LX. Does anyone know who the manufacturer was and who may have the
lenses?

Also, I am looking to remove the 3M film from across the front of the coach. Any
helpful hints?

Does anyone know who manufactures a bra for the front of the coach? If I can get a bra I'll forget about having to remove the ugly cracked 3M film.

Thanks,

Randy Merrill
2003 40' LX
Ocala, FL
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes randymerri's post
06-12-2013, 17:13
RE: Headlight lenses
There should be a bunch of places to get a front bra done, especially in Florida. Usually a hairdryer and patience works the best for removal of the 3m film.

Somebody will chime in about the headlights.

John Mace
06 450LXi bigger bird
living in the wild hinterlands of the north
free to roam without the man getting me down
06-12-2013, 18:48
Only one way to remove 3M film:

1. Wagner Power Steamer #705
2. ScrapeRite blades Orange GP http://www.scraperite.com
3. Sharp hardened blade breakoff cutter to trim film.

Fire up steamer, move nozzle like a paint sprayer to warm up film, get edge loose with scraper blade and peel as you go.

Morey Zuber
99LXi41
06-12-2013, 19:27
Randy,

I think Parliament has the lenses for your LX.

Garland

(06-12-2013 15:13)randymerri Wrote:  Hi,

I am looking for both the right and left side headlight/turn signal lenses for
my 2003 40' LX. Does anyone know who the manufacturer was and who may have the
lenses?

Also, I am looking to remove the 3M film from across the front of the coach. Any
helpful hints?

Does anyone know who manufactures a bra for the front of the coach? If I can get a bra I'll forget about having to remove the ugly cracked 3M film.

Thanks,

Randy Merrill
2003 40' LX
Ocala, FL
06-16-2013, 00:29
darlene and i took the film off the front of our coach this week. it took us about 25 hours.

i tried everything and what ended up working was this.

1. a hairdryer warming a small area
2. a heavy plastic chisel with lots of force to peel up the film. we used the wide one from this set http://www.amazon.com/Lisle-81200-Plasti...B007ZOMKAM
3. goo gone to work on the adhesive with plastic razor blades.
4. then more goo gone and more goo gone.

we did the entire front and had one piece of paint come off that was about the size of a bb. my coach is imron paint.

it looks fantastic. for pictures see my link on newellgurus.com http://newellgurus.com/Thread-3m-front-e...ld-removal

the real answer is whatever works. all i know is without the plastic chisel we would not have gotten it off

tom

2002 Two Slide Newell Coach 608 DD Series 60, Allison 6 speed
06-16-2013, 11:40 (This post was last modified: 06-16-2013 11:43 by dentmac.)
FYI,
On the 450LXi , the product was Llumar which has a LIFETIME warrenty for the original owner --3 M has no such warrenty and the new Llumar is 3 years-- guess they got burned.

Also for removal -consider steam generator Perhaps will not go as hot to cause burns in the paint.

(06-16-2013 00:29)encantotom Wrote:  darlene and i took the film off the front of our coach this week. it took us about 25 hours.

i tried everything and what ended up working was this.

1. a hairdryer warming a small area
2. a heavy plastic chisel with lots of force to peel up the film. we used the wide one from this set http://www.amazon.com/Lisle-81200-Plasti...B007ZOMKAM
3. goo gone to work on the adhesive with plastic razor blades.
4. then more goo gone and more goo gone.

we did the entire front and had one piece of paint come off that was about the size of a bb. my coach is imron paint.

it looks fantastic. for pictures see my link on newellgurus.com http://newellgurus.com/Thread-3m-front-e...ld-removal

the real answer is whatever works. all i know is without the plastic chisel we would not have gotten it off

tom

Ross MacKillop
Wiarton Ontario
2006 450 Lxi
06-16-2013, 19:45
The 3M film on my 2003 LXI was getting cracked and discolored. I tried removal in a couple inconspicous places but it looked like it would take the paint.

My solution is illustrated in the pictures below. I removed the discolored headlight covers entirely and had a bra constructed in Mexico. The upholsterer made about 5 trips to my house to measure and fit and it took me two days of grouper fishing while the construction was in progress. I was satisfied with the end result and I have 400 less U.S. dollars that I have to pack around.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)
İmage İmage İmage

2003 LXI dbl. slide

George & Norma Fox
Mexico in Winter
Alaska in Summer
http://www.doszorros.com
06-16-2013, 22:54 (This post was last modified: 06-16-2013 23:04 by davidbrady.)
(06-16-2013 19:45)DOSZORROS Wrote:  My solution is illustrated in the pictures below. I removed the discolored headlight covers entirely and had a bra constructed in Mexico. The upholsterer made about 5 trips to my house to measure and fit and it took me two days of grouper fishing while the construction was in progress.

George,

I like it! It fits tighter than bark on a tree! Where can I get one? Cool

(06-16-2013 00:29)encantotom Wrote:  darlene and i took the film off the front of our coach this week. it took us about 25 hours.

Looks really fantastic Tom. The stainless steel sets it off! Nice job! :-)

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
06-17-2013, 20:38
David:

You can come visit me next winter and we will have my upholsterer build you one. We can entertain you while it is happening. Maybe you can educate me on your squirrely electronic wireless devices while there.

2003 LXI dbl. slide

George & Norma Fox
Mexico in Winter
Alaska in Summer
http://www.doszorros.com
[+] 1 user Likes DOSZORROS's post
06-17-2013, 23:18
I had to repaint the front cap of Pretty Penny to get rid of the 3M film. On the new front, I had them paint Amor Coat from the head to toe. It is a clear, protective coating that looks great and protects the paint from dings and scratches.

(06-16-2013 19:45)DOSZORROS Wrote:  The 3M film on my 2003 LXI was getting cracked and discolored. I tried removal in a couple inconspicous places but it looked like it would take the paint.

My solution is illustrated in the pictures below. I removed the discolored headlight covers entirely and had a bra constructed in Mexico. The upholsterer made about 5 trips to my house to measure and fit and it took me two days of grouper fishing while the construction was in progress. I was satisfied with the end result and I have 400 less U.S. dollars that I have to pack around.

Tommy "2 Shoes" McCarthy
2006 M450XLI "GoneAway" Big Grin
Former owner 1995 PT42 WB "Pretty Penny"
Gardnerville, NV
Near South Lake Tahoe

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)