Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Must have iPhone and Android Apps for the wayward Bird and Newell Traveler
06-20-2013, 12:43 (This post was last modified: 06-20-2013 12:45 by pgchin.)
Must have iPhone and Android Apps for the wayward Bird and Newell Traveler
Admittedly,
No one EVER said I was the quickest adopter of technology and applications......Big GrinTongue Must have been all the decades of development and being the leading and BLEEDING edge!Rolleyes However, As we get ready to depart on our summer walk about I just loaded these 4 apps on the iPhone. It should make Donna's job much easier!Angel Please feel free to add your favorite app to this thread so we may all benefit!

Mypilot - free, All Flying J and Pilot locations, fuel prices, locations, directions, amenities at each one, etc.

RV Parking.com- Free, Over 20,000 parks INCLUDING COE's, etc, directions amenities, pricing, sites, services of each site, reviews, etc

I Exit -.99 but they have a free "lite" one: all exits, and amenities etc and now the latest version allow you to search on things like pet friendly, overnight truck parking, rv friendly amenities, etc. It also now allows you to customize your search criteria and built your own list! Big spender that I am, I bought the paid version!

Route4Me- Free, A trips routing capability like a GPS and will do "on demand" course correction when you are traveling

Pete and Donna Chin
95 42' WLWB
On The Road Always! :-)
" We'll raise up our glasses against evil forces singing,
Whiskey for my men, and beer for my horses!"
-Toby Keith & Willie Nelson
- The bridge from Toby Keith's title album track "beer for my horses"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes pgchin's post
06-20-2013, 16:54 (This post was last modified: 06-20-2013 16:58 by pgchin.)
RE: Must have iPhone and Android Apps for the wayward Bird and Newell Traveler
(06-20-2013 15:16)Bird Owner Wrote:  Pete,

I have those except for the GPS and will check it out, Thanks! Also have GS Camping (Good Sam), Woodalls, Road Ahead and Rest Area Finder. Truck Stops, Love's and Allstays Interstate Diesel round out the travel apps on both my iPhgone and iPad.

Additionally, iHeart Radio gives you both AM and FM radio from all over the country that won't fade out 100 miles down the road. I use bluetooth to stream the iPhone or iPad audio to my built in stereo receiver and speakers for great quality sound.

Rich,
Many thanks for the additional apps!Smile I will add your top favorites as well!!!! Always great to share what we have!!!!! I can't tell ya how many times we are on the "blue highways" looking for a big enough place to stop for both me and the dogs!!!!!!!!!! RolleyesWink My autopilot is still broke! Tongue Thanks again!

Pete and Donna Chin
95 42' WLWB
On The Road Always! :-)
" We'll raise up our glasses against evil forces singing,
Whiskey for my men, and beer for my horses!"
-Toby Keith & Willie Nelson
- The bridge from Toby Keith's title album track "beer for my horses"
06-21-2013, 09:08
For traffic reports I use INRIX. WAZE is going to improve now that Goggle owns it.

And dont forget the all important IHOP and Cracker Barrel locator apps.

Steve Fox
87 FC35
06-21-2013, 20:38
Thanks for the different sites. Some wouldn't work on my android system, but the ones that did are great.

I am learning something new almost every day.

Steve Gureasko
90 WBSA "Jus Chillin"
Ponchatoula, La.
06-27-2013, 22:09
BTW, I can't safely see a GPS or iPhone screen while driving, so I put in a RAM mount for my iPad and use the big screen in the bus. I have a cell iPad with built in GPS, but sometimes I use the external Bad Elf dongle GPS.

Steve Fox
87 FC35

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)