al perna
2000 LXI
ormond beach fla
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2013, 23:55
RE: Time to replace defective and potentially dangerous absorption fridge
Corey, the bolt sticking up from the plywood floor in photo #2, is it a:

1. bolt coming up all the way through the floor (steel, plywood, etc)?
2. hanger bolt (combo wood thread & machine thread)?
3. threaded stud?
4. other?

Thanks for your great photo record.

Morey Zuber
99LXi41
08-05-2013, 08:20
(08-04-2013 23:55)timetravelers Wrote:  Corey, the bolt sticking up from the plywood floor in photo #2, is it a:

1. bolt coming up all the way through the floor (steel, plywood, etc)?
2. hanger bolt (combo wood thread & machine thread)?
3. threaded stud?
4. other?

Thanks for your great photo record.

Morey,
It is #2, hanger bolt. I then put a washer and nut on both top and bottom of bracket to allow vertical adjustment.

Corey Noble
Laurel Park, NC
2000 LXi 46,000 miles and counting
Added features: Overbuilt cycle lift, built-in vacuum, flat panel LCD TVs, Vetus macerating toilet, Samsung fridge, Lifeline batteries, headlight cover removal campaign.
08-05-2013, 10:43
Looks great Corey. How's the passage way clearance? Do the fridges handles protrude into the corridor?

I really like the brushed handles and their smooth contours. You did good! I think smooth contoured handles, as you've chosen, make the most sense in motorhome applications. I once had a freak accident in my bus where a body part snagged a cabinet handle and did damage (to me!). In a sudden stop or accident cabinet handles can cut! Yikes! Just my $0.02.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
08-05-2013, 11:05
(08-05-2013 10:43)davidmbrady Wrote:  Looks great Corey. How's the passage way clearance? Do the fridges handles protrude into the corridor?

I really like the brushed handles and their smooth contours. You did good! I think smooth contoured handles, as you've chosen, make the most sense in motorhome applications. I once had a freak accident in my bus where a body part snagged a cabinet handle and did damage (to me!). In a sudden stop or accident cabinet handles can cut! Yikes! Just my $0.02.

There is a slight bit less space in the passageway versus the Dometic. Nothing we can't live with as we aren't too wide....yet.

Corey Noble
Laurel Park, NC
Added features: Overbuilt cycle lift, built-in vacuum, flat panel LCD TVs, Vetus macerating toilet, Samsung fridge, Lifeline batteries, headlight cover removal campaign.
08-27-2013, 22:56
There has been a lot of discussion on how to hold the doors on the household fridge shut when under way. Leave it to my darling Jenn, who knows virtually nothing of RVs to come up with a solution. You see, she does have experience being a mom!! İmage This little device was bought on line for about $5 (for two), it is a child lock for cabinets. On top it locks the two sides together and is very strong. İmage For the freezer, the tabs were located towards the far back side. İmage Pretty much invisible, The tabs have self-adhesive tape and the piece that hooks them together is some kind of strong rubber.

Corey Noble
Laurel Park, NC
[+] 1 user Likes gondolaguy's post
08-27-2013, 22:59
Wait, let me grab my slide rule so I can do a modulus of elasticity calculation... Yup, right on! Way to go Jenn! :-)

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
10-14-2013, 15:15
Cory, (and all)
Have been looking to copy your project, however, when I look at my refer box I see an enclosed area on each corner side on the outer wall. Did you have this same build out?
I looked thru your pics and could not tell.
Tried to take some pics to show what I am looking at.
Thanks Gregg
[attachment=994]
[attachment=995]
[attachment=996]
[attachment=997]

Gregg & Jane Gesse
1994 WLWB 40 Mid-Door
10-14-2013, 16:25
Gregg,
Yes, mine looked like that. What is confusing is that the absorption fridge required WL to build a box within a box. You need to deconstruct the inner box as it was there to provide a chimney effect within a sealed path from the bottom vent opening to the top vent. Gas exhaust was thereby dealt with. You will not need this "chimney, but will need the space it took up. Call me if you need a walk through. 202-725-6342

Corey Noble
Laurel Park, NC
10-15-2013, 00:19
Thanks Cory,
You made Jane's day! I thought they were probably the same, but didn't want to find out they were different after I started.
Don't know when I will get started, my honey do list is pretty long already. I'm sure I will need your advice when I get going.
Gregg

Gregg & Jane Gesse
1994 WLWB 40 Mid-Door

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)