Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time to replace defective and potentially dangerous absorption fridge
07-05-2013, 11:12 (This post was last modified: 07-05-2013 11:14 by davidbrady.)
RE: Time to replace defective and potentially dangerous absorbtion fridge
(07-05-2013 11:00)gondolaguy Wrote:  I'll bet......... it got cold again LOL Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

It sounded to me like Tom was saying the installations were a real culprit. That would not be addressed by a better cooling unit, would it? In fact, it may exacerbate the problem. Jus sayinAngel

ROTFL Rolleyes

The vent space at the back of the cavity is a well known issue and has long been a re-occurring theme of discussion. Like Tom says, for the fridge to operate where it's thermally supposed to you need the right enclosure and you need to have control over the air flow. The flue at the back has to suck cold air in at the bottom, pass it over the coils/condenser and expel it at the top. To get the right velocity and quantity of air installers need to follow the manufacturers specs. Most didn't and the result is tarnish on the technology. The technology is good. As far as I know, in some cases the installation and build quality hasn't been. (Did I leave enough wiggle room Smile). I imagine the cooling unit may over heat or not cool properly if the venting in the back isn't done properly. For us gas lovers to sleep at night, these two things need to be addressed: cooling unit build quality and cavity conformance to manufacturer's specs.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Time to replace defective and potentially dangerous absorbtion fridge - davidbrady - 07-05-2013 11:12

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)