Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time to replace defective and potentially dangerous absorption fridge
07-08-2013, 17:19 (This post was last modified: 07-08-2013 17:25 by davidbrady.)
RE: Time to replace defective and potentially dangerous absorbtion fridge
(07-08-2013 13:44)gondolaguy Wrote:  My bottom drawer measures 10" high X 32.5" wide (this is staying for my application). The entire box above the drawer (so add the drawer height back if you want) is 68" to the A/C panel or 70" to the roof.

Thanks Corey,

The quarter round extruded aluminum roof beam on mine looks like the one used in the M380 and M450. Here it is: İmage . You can see how something like this might become necessary as holes for slides are cut into the side of the bus!

Thanks for the refrigerator compartment height measurements. I'll be at my bus in a couple of days so I'll be able to take a first hand look, but from your measurements I should have approximately 78" from floor to AC drop ceiling. I checked into the Sub-Zero 700 Series refrigerator specs; you know, the one used in Prevost conversions and Newells??? Smile They make a 700 series that will fit width wise but they all top out at 80 inches, so I guess I'll have to rule out keeping up with the Jones's!

I'm thinking, pending any definitive word on the Amish Cooling Unit build and materials quality, and considering that I have a growing family of five, that I may need to trade off energy efficiency for size! I need to feed five! LOL

It's interesting all the different requirements we have. Some owners never step foot in a campground and when away from home are always on genny or batteries or gas; some owners require that their residential fridge consume miniscule amounts of electrical power so that they can survive on their aging, sprinkler fed, singular flooded lead acid battery; some owners need to feed a family of five and interior fridge space trumps all! Customization is the bane and bread and butter of the motor coach industry.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Time to replace defective and potentially dangerous absorbtion fridge - davidbrady - 07-08-2013 17:19

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)