Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kyser Medallion Sensor
07-03-2013, 21:03 (This post was last modified: 07-03-2013 21:05 by cmillsap.)
Kyser Medallion Sensor
We have been searching for the 160* sensor that is located on the bottom of the blue hyd oil reservoir. It has two lead wires that connect to a terminal board in the engine compartment. The wires then disappear into a wiring harness. We believe it to be the hyd oil overheat alarm but are not sure exactly what its function is. Connectiing the wires (at the terminal) that the sensor is normally wired to does not activate any warning lights on the dash. Nor does disconnecting those same wires activate any warning lights.

Can someone tell us what that sensor does and where we can get a replacement? It would be very much appreciated.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)
İmage İmage

Chuck & Tela Millsap
2003 Prevost Marathon XLII
2000 LXi #2 S/S (Sold)
2004 M380 D/S (Sold)
2000 LXi #1 N/S (Sold
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2013, 22:23
RE: Kyser Medallion Sensor
Chuck,

That sensor should be the switch that turns on the Hayden hydraulic fan cooler. My coach uses a 4 wire sensor that lights an overheat LED on the dash as well as turning on the Hayden. I bought mine from Holland Motors Michigan, but that was three years ago; I'm not sure if they're still providing parts to Wanderlodge owners. If they balk then I'd have them put me in touch with their School Bus Franchise. I've had very good experience with both their motorhome division and their school bus franchise.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
07-03-2013, 23:56
(07-03-2013 22:23)davidmbrady Wrote:  Chuck,

That sensor should be the switch that turns on the Hayden hydraulic fan cooler. My coach uses a 4 wire sensor that lights an overheat LED on the dash as well as turning on the Hayden. I bought mine from Holland Motors Michigan, but that was three years ago; I'm not sure if they're still providing parts to Wanderlodge owners. If they balk then I'd have them put me in touch with their School Bus Franchise. I've had very good experience with both their motorhome division and their school bus franchise.

Thanks again, David,

If I could persuade someone with a similar bus to copy the part # off the sensor; it would be a big help. The part # is not readable on my sensor except that I can make out that it is 160*F.

Chuck & Tela Millsap
2000 LXi #2 S/S (Sold)
2004 M380 D/S (Sold)
2000 LXi #1 N/S (Sold
07-04-2013, 00:06
Chuck,

If you call Holland Motors Michigan then you can grab a BB part number out of the LTC40 parts manual in our document library owners manual section. That may help.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
07-04-2013, 00:42
(07-04-2013 00:06)davidmbrady Wrote:  Chuck,

If you call Holland Motors Michigan then you can grab a BB part number out of the LTC40 parts manual in our document library owners manual section. That may help.

Ahha, David,

I should have known to look in the LTC40 parts manual.

I think I found it. It's called a "Sender, Hydraulic Oil Temperature". The BB part # is 1774678. I'll cal Holland on Friday.

Chuck & Tela Millsap
2000 LXi #2 S/S (Sold)
2004 M380 D/S (Sold)
2000 LXi #1 N/S (Sold
07-10-2013, 17:46 (This post was last modified: 07-11-2013 00:51 by cmillsap.)
RE: Kysor Medallion Sensor
Finally! With David's help we found a source for the Hydraulic Oil Temperature Aquastat/Switch/Sender. This part is attached to the bottom of the Hydraulic Oil (Blue) tank. It turns the Hyden Fan on when the hydraulic oil temperature reaches 160*F and turns it off when the oil temperature is reduced to 153*F. It is manufactured by Index Sensors and the part # is 8037090P. The part has 1/2" NPT threads. It has 3 leads that make it capable of being used either as N.O or N.C.

This particular sensor is not a stock item and is built to order. There is a 2 weeks lead time from the manufacturer. The price is $169.

We were fortunate to find that Peterbuilt happened to have one in stock in their parts warehouse; so we will receive it overnight.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Chuck & Tela Millsap
2000 LXi #2 S/S (Sold)
2004 M380 D/S (Sold)
2000 LXi #1 N/S (Sold
[+] 1 user Likes cmillsap's post

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)