Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flooring decisions in LXi
07-07-2013, 17:12 (This post was last modified: 07-07-2013 17:16 by davidbrady.)
RE: Flooring decisions in LXi
Corey,

My wife (queen of the interior) and I really like cork. It has a lot of great attributes that align well with motorhome floor use. The characteristics that kept us away were durability and potential for staining. I could only imagine spilling a glass of wine on a cork floor.

My flooring is an engineered wood made by Mirage. It's a five inch plank but I see they now supply a 6.5" plank. It's 0.5" thick with a 4mm hardwood wear layer. The underlying plywood substrate is something like 7 ply. My coach actually lost weight after ripping out the resilient tiles and carpeting and swapping it with wood. Ernie installed it from front to back and side to side. (I tried to not get in the way too much)! My 2002 LXi has the metal floor that sits on top of the basement framing, then I have 3/4" marine plywood followed by 1/4" of cork followed by 1/2" of birch plywood which we then topped with 1/2" of engineered hardwood planks. I don't think you can go wrong with wood.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Flooring decisions in LXi - davidbrady - 07-07-2013 17:12

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)