Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class-A RV Residential Refrigerator Exposition
07-09-2013, 20:56
RE: Class-A RV Residential Refrigerator Exposition
(07-09-2013 18:35)davidmbrady Wrote:  I visited my local Camping World to quickly chronicle the use of residential refrigerators. My conclusions:

1) Judging from the ampere draw of the units, manufacturers aren't particularly picky about refrigerator energy requirements,
2) Door locks were ad-hoc and monster garage-ish (and that's putting it kindly). I actually cut my finger while trying to engage one of the locks,
3) Fit and finish are what you'd expect from the likes of Winnebago, Fleetwood, and Thor,
4) The fridges all looked like wall warts to me. The built-in look with matching cabinet grade paneled doors is gone.

My LXi deserves better...

Since I looked at the same units, you really can't compare the junk they sell to what should be done in our LXis. You would need to see how Newell or the P brand convertors go about it.

Corey Noble
Laurel Park, NC
2000 LXi 46,000 miles and counting
Added features: Overbuilt cycle lift, built-in vacuum, flat panel LCD TVs, Vetus macerating toilet, Samsung fridge, Lifeline batteries, headlight cover removal campaign.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Class-A RV Residential Refrigerator Exposition - gondolaguy - 07-09-2013 20:56

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)