Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hayden Fan Electrical Circuit on 2000 LXi
07-15-2013, 06:09
RE: Hayden Fan Electrical Circuit on 2000 LXi
My 96 has a similar setup. I've got the 2 fans, with the single fuse in the rear switchbox. I haven't looked further to see about the controlling elements, so this is a great thread! Thanks to all participating!

John Mace
06 450LXi bigger bird
living in the wild hinterlands of the north
free to roam without the man getting me down
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-15-2013, 12:56
(07-13-2013 11:51)cmillsap Wrote:  Maybe Pete will chime in here, but I seem to recall him explaining some time ago about an BB engineering change to the Hayden fan circuitry. Something about the Haydens originally fused with a 15 amp fuse that kept blowing shutting down both fans. It was in the fuse block at the engine compartment and labled "aux fan". BB rewired it to a separate fuse holder and made it 30 amps.

Sorry Chuck,
Been on the road driving for days and just having "so much fun" !Angel yeah, Right.

Yes, as David commented, back when they did the Hayden fan setup in 95, they used 15 amp fuses on the fuse block. It kept blowing so the factory did a recall, removed the 15 amp fuse from the fuse block and put an inline 30 amp fuse to the left side of the fuse block back in the engine compartment where the start key and switches box is located.

Pete and Donna Chin
95 42' WLWB
On The Road Always! :-)
" We'll raise up our glasses against evil forces singing,
Whiskey for my men, and beer for my horses!"
-Toby Keith & Willie Nelson
- The bridge from Toby Keith's title album track "beer for my horses"
09-05-2015, 13:54
I like to keep up with fan operation and oil temp so here is my plan. I checked the two fans and they both work but the location is dirty and they draw hot air. I much rather blow cold air over the radiator.
I found a Hayden duel electric fan that I Amazoned for a retrofit.
the fan
Hayden-Automotive-3800-Dual-Electric

the controller Hayden-Automotive-3654-Adjustable-Thermostatic

I like this controller and used it to operate the retrofit electric fan on my 94pt genset. But that fan is a two speed and use of this controller is simple where one fuse (any one) and one relay makes it high speed all the time and two relays gives you two speed. I may need to check if this fan
The plan is to add this to the front of the hydro oil cooler and not move the unit because that would require a modified hydro hose. I will report if it works out. measurements show it should.

Gregory O'Connor
2001 LXi43ss
Romoland California 92585
951-830-5997
Rainbowrv.com
[+] 1 user Likes GregOConnor's post
09-05-2015, 15:49 (This post was last modified: 09-05-2015 15:52 by davidbrady.)
I think the Index Sensors & Controls temperature sensor screwed into the bottom of the hydraulic reservoir is a quality piece. I tested mine with a heat gun. Mine is a four wire device which turns the Hayden fans on at 160 deg F and lights an over-temperature dash lamp at 200 deg F. I think some of the earlier LXi's used a two wire device and didn't have the dash light. http://www.wanderlodgegurus.com/showthread.php?tid=9884

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
09-06-2015, 20:50 (This post was last modified: 09-06-2015 20:50 by davidbrady.)
Hayden dash over-temperature lamp, circled in read, left upper corner: İmage

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)