Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sewer Dump Valve
07-25-2013, 16:49
RE: Sewer Dump Valve
(07-25-2013 12:51)davidmbrady Wrote:  Glad to hear they work well for you Rich. That's what my neighbor uses. I think this would be a very worthwhile upgrade to my LXi.

David,

I owned a Safari with manual dump valves. In the 13 years I owned it, I never had a problem with the dump valves. I don't remember what brand they were but they never leaked or stuck closed. They worked perfectly everytime.

Chuck & Tela Millsap
2003 Prevost Marathon XLII
2000 LXi #2 S/S (Sold)
2004 M380 D/S (Sold)
2000 LXi #1 N/S (Sold
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-25-2013, 23:00
(07-25-2013 16:49)cmillsap Wrote:  David,

I owned a Safari with manual dump valves. In the 13 years I owned it, I never had a problem with the dump valves. I don't remember what brand they were but they never leaked or stuck closed. They worked perfectly everytime.

Chuck,

Requiring that I pump up my 120VAC air compressor which is plumbed into my air dryer and therefor pressurizes and injects moisture into all my air systems (brakes, suspension, accessory) just so I can empty my waste tanks is plain and simple brain dead!

I checked and the Drainmaster will fit but I still can't mount it in a vertical orientation. I can get it just past horizontal (10:00) which is a heck of a lot better than what I have now!

Looking forward to dumping my air operated waste valves.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
07-27-2013, 00:02
Requiring that I pump up my 120VAC air compressor which is plumbed into my air dryer and therefor pressurizes and injects moisture into all my air systems (brakes, suspension, accessory) just so I can empty my waste tanks is plain and simple brain dead!

I checked and the Drainmaster will fit but I still can't mount it in a vertical orientation. I can get it just past horizontal (10:00) which is a heck of a lot better than what I have now!

Looking forward to dumping my air operated waste valves.
[/quote]

I put Drainmaster's on my bird about 9 years ago.
I couldn't put them at 12pm either and they sit about 2PM on my bird. No problem with them at that angle, so I would think 10pm would be fine also.
Changed mine out about every 4 years or so, just cause.
Put the switch alongside of the fridge, easy wiring.
07-27-2013, 23:45
Thanks Rich and everyone else, I appreciate the info. Smile

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)