Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Floydfest? Anyone?
07-29-2013, 14:38 (This post was last modified: 07-29-2013 14:41 by Endless Summer.)
Floydfest? Anyone?
I was gonna take my bus to Floydfest in Va last weekend but had a last minute change of plans. Then they had very heavy rains and the parking lots turned into massive mud pits. It was so bad that the organizers were underwriting the tow costs just to get the cars out of the lots.

I understand that this morning RVs were being towed out of the RV lot. I can only imagine what a PITA and ha$$le it would be to get a 32,000 lb bus out of that mess! Anyone ever have an experience with getting their bird stuck in deep mud?

Steve Fox
87 FC35
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-29-2013, 17:43
RE: Floydfest? Anyone?
NOPE- my bus is for hard surface travel, only

Ernie Ekberg
Prevost Liberty Classic XL
Weatherford, Tx
http://www.ernieekbergflooring.net
07-29-2013, 21:50
Steve , my brother owns a B&B in Floyd , he said they have out grown the city . owners pocket 1mil a year . They have there work cut out for them , a lot of bad press this year . I hope they figure it out , the music after all is what its about .

al perna
2000 LXI
ormond beach fla
07-29-2013, 23:00 (This post was last modified: 07-29-2013 23:03 by Endless Summer.)
(07-29-2013 21:50)al perna Wrote:  Steve , my brother owns a B&B in Floyd , he said they have out grown the city . owners pocket 1mil a year . They have there work cut out for them , a lot of bad press this year . I hope they figure it out , the music after all is what its about .

Yeah, Al, I gotta agree, it's a good site for maybe 5000 people, but not 15000. There's a new festival this September about 3 hours north of Floyd called Interlocken. It's been the site of a number of Camp Jeeps in the past. Interlocken

BTW your brother lives in an interesting little town.

Steve Fox
87 FC35

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)