Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Air System Gauges
08-13-2013, 02:36
Air System Gauges
My prior 2000 LXi had 3 air pressure gauges. One for the front, one for the rear and one for the tag.

My current 2000 LXi has only one air gauge for monitoring both front and back and one tag air gauge.

My prior LXi had a tag dump switch and a suspension dump switch.
My current LXi has no tag dump switch and only a suspension dump switch.

I'm guessing my current bus was an earlier model than my prior bus as I don't remember the build date on my prior bus?

This would indicate to me that the air system design was changed sometime in the 2000 year models. I wonder why BB made the change?

Anyone know?

Chuck & Tela Millsap
2003 Prevost Marathon XLII
2000 LXi #2 S/S (Sold)
2004 M380 D/S (Sold)
2000 LXi #1 N/S (Sold
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-13-2013, 12:37
RE: Air System Gauges
(08-13-2013 02:36)cmillsap Wrote:  My prior 2000 LXi had 3 air pressure gauges. One for the front, one for the rear and one for the tag.

My current 2000 LXi has only one air gauge for monitoring both front and back and one tag air gauge.

My prior LXi had a tag dump switch and a suspension dump switch.
My current LXi has no tag dump switch and only a suspension dump switch.

I'm guessing my current bus was an earlier model than my prior bus as I don't remember the build date on my prior bus?

This would indicate to me that the air system design was changed sometime in the 2000 year models. I wonder why BB made the change?

Anyone know?

Chuck,
My 95 has 2 gauges, one for the tag, one for the front and rear brakes but the gauge is a "dual" needle gauge so I am not sure the brake systems architecture / design are very different, minor subsystem parts upgrades over the years for newer and better parts aside sure.........NOW, as for why Bluebird went to different instrumentation is anyone's guess!Big GrinWink Maybe an engineer was bored or it was a customer feedback item from one of the Rally in the valleys?????Smile

Pete and Donna Chin
95 42' WLWB
On The Road Always! :-)
" We'll raise up our glasses against evil forces singing,
Whiskey for my men, and beer for my horses!"
-Toby Keith & Willie Nelson
- The bridge from Toby Keith's title album track "beer for my horses"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)