• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slide out Pins locked
08-18-2013, 18:53
Slide out Pins locked
Hi Everyone,

I had the slide out seal replaced on my 2003 LX about 4 months ago. I have had
the slide out all summer at the campground. I have to pack up and bring the
coach home next weekend and decided to run the slide in today. I turned the
ignition switch on, then turned the key on to deflate the slide seal. I can hear
the slide seal deflate. When the amber light turns on I hold the switch to the
retract position. The bottom of the slide room starts to slide in, but the top
part won't budge. I expect the slide pins are sticking. I tried several times
inflating and deflating the seal but the pins still remain stuck. Is there any
way to manually retract the pins? Are the pins unlocked by air pressure?

I'm in a bind because I am leaving out of the country for 3 weeks and need to
get the coach home next weekend.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Randy Merrill
Ocala, FL
2003 40' LX
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-18-2013, 22:41 (This post was last modified: 08-18-2013 22:44 by davidbrady.)
RE: Slide out Pins locked
Hi Randy,

The locking pins are hydraulically powered. There's a status panel with LEDs showing the status of each lock pin. I'm not sure where it is in the LX but in the LXi it's in the first basement bay street side above the large HWH aluminum control panel. You can take a peek at the status LEDs to check the status of the locking pins. You do need to partially close the basement door behind you for the LEDs to be activated.

The state of the locking pins are detected by hall effect sensors mounted on each lock pin body. You may need to pull apart some interior panels to get to the lock pin bodies. When you do you should see a round cylindrical plastic device (1/2" dia, maybe 1" long) with 3 wires that's attached to the pin body. These devices sense a magnet attached to the interior sidewalls of the slide body. Make sure that the cylindrical sensors are positioned close to the slide body so they can pick up the signal from the magnet.

Are there any buzzers going off or level indicator lights on the dashboard?

Let me know what you find out and we'll take it from there.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
08-19-2013, 08:07
(08-18-2013 22:41)davidbrady Wrote:  Hi Randy,

The locking pins are hydraulically powered. There's a status panel with LEDs showing the status of each lock pin. I'm not sure where it is in the LX but in the LXi it's in the first basement bay street side above the large HWH aluminum control panel. You can take a peek at the status LEDs to check the status of the locking pins. You do need to partially close the basement door behind you for the LEDs to be activated.

The state of the locking pins are detected by hall effect sensors mounted on each lock pin body. You may need to pull apart some interior panels to get to the lock pin bodies. When you do you should see a round cylindrical plastic device (1/2" dia, maybe 1" long) with 3 wires that's attached to the pin body. These devices sense a magnet attached to the interior sidewalls of the slide body. Make sure that the cylindrical sensors are positioned close to the slide body so they can pick up the signal from the magnet.

The lock pins only lock when the room is in the travel position. Not when the room is out. I believe what happened is when the room extends there is three pieces of aluminum on the top of the room that touch the outside wall. When the seal inflated it pushed the room ceiling down enough for the piece on the room to slide under the one on the wall. Had that happen to me. Mine was only caught a little and when I started to retract the room it would start to bind then let go. The ones on the slide room can be adjusted. If you can remove the trim around the room on the inside of the coach you should be able to see what happened. Hope this helps

Jerry McDonough
Woburn,Ma.
2003 LX
08-21-2013, 20:29 (This post was last modified: 08-22-2013 19:20 by jerrymcd.)
(08-18-2013 18:53)randymerri Wrote:  Hi Everyone,

I had the slide out seal replaced on my 2003 LX about 4 months ago. I have had
the slide out all summer at the campground. I have to pack up and bring the
coach home next weekend and decided to run the slide in today. I turned the
ignition switch on, then turned the key on to deflate the slide seal. I can hear
the slide seal deflate. When the amber light turns on I hold the switch to the
retract position. The bottom of the slide room starts to slide in, but the top
part won't budge. I expect the slide pins are sticking. I tried several times
inflating and deflating the seal but the pins still remain stuck. Is there any
way to manually retract the pins? Are the pins unlocked by air pressure?

I'm in a bind because I am leaving out of the country for 3 weeks and need to
get the coach home next weekend.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Randy Merrill
Ocala, FL
2003 40' LX
DID YOU EVER FIND A SOLUTION???????

Jerry McDonough
Woburn,Ma.
2003 LX
08-26-2013, 19:11
Hi David, Did you ever hear back from Merrill on his slide issue? Jerry
(08-18-2013 22:41)davidbrady Wrote:  Hi Randy,

Jerry McDonough
Woburn,Ma.
2003 LX
08-27-2013, 09:38
Hi Jerry,

No, I haven't heard anything. I'm very interested in what's going on Randy's slide issue. If you hear something please let us know.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
08-27-2013, 10:26
(08-27-2013 09:38)davidbrady Wrote:  I am also very interested to know if it is the same problem I had or something else.

Hi Jerry,

No, I haven't heard anything. I'm very interested in what's going on Randy's slide issue. If you hear something please let us know.

Jerry McDonough
Woburn,Ma.
2003 LX

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)