Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Out with old Thomas air pump
08-19-2013, 19:15
Out with old Thomas air pump
For the air toilet, those Thomas pumps don't last, expensive to rebuild, etc. Well, my coachs' previous owner, Paul Lazar, removed that old Thomas and installed a separate air compressor and tank. Works like a champ. He also was in the process of running another air line to the aux compressor for the suspension. Love the coach. She will get a flooring makeover, if I can find someone to do that.

Ernie Ekberg
Prevost Liberty Classic XL
Weatherford, Tx
http://www.ernieekbergflooring.net
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-19-2013, 20:20
RE: Out with old Thomas air pump
I think I know someone that can do the jobAngel and cheap

Steve Gureasko
90 WBSA "Jus Chillin"
Ponchatoula, La.
08-19-2013, 21:53
When I replaced the Microphor on Pretty Penny, I used the compressor to keep the dump valves aired up. Great use for the compressor that I had recently replaced.

Tommy "2 Shoes" McCarthy
2006 M450XLI "GoneAway" Big Grin
Former owner 1995 PT42 WB "Pretty Penny"
Gardnerville, NV
Near South Lake Tahoe
08-19-2013, 23:05
(08-19-2013 21:53)tcandt Wrote:  When I replaced the Microphor on Pretty Penny, I used the compressor to keep the dump valves aired up. Great use for the compressor that I had recently replaced.

What toilet did you replace the Microphor with? I hate the air toilet.
08-20-2013, 00:24
(08-19-2013 23:05)G.Kirby Wrote:  
(08-19-2013 21:53)tcandt Wrote:  When I replaced the Microphor on Pretty Penny, I used the compressor to keep the dump valves aired up. Great use for the compressor that I had recently replaced.

http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/fo...hp?t=16638

Curt Sprenger
1987 PT38 "MacAttack Racing"
Anaheim Hills, CA
cosresources@gmail.com
08-20-2013, 01:29 (This post was last modified: 08-20-2013 01:35 by cmillsap.)
(08-19-2013 23:05)G.Kirby Wrote:  

The Tecma Marine toilet is the absolute best toilet for our busses. They are far and away much better than the Microphor. I've had both and in my opinion, Tecma is the way to go.... They ain't cheap but they work great....

http://www.thetford.com/HOME/PRODUCTS/Pe...fault.aspx

Chuck

Chuck

Chuck & Tela Millsap
2003 Prevost Marathon XLII
2000 LXi #2 S/S (Sold)
2004 M380 D/S (Sold)
2000 LXi #1 N/S (Sold
08-20-2013, 12:53 (This post was last modified: 08-20-2013 12:58 by cmillsap.)
Chuck,

What Microphor did you replace? Will the Tecma cover the "hopper" area from the old Microphor air unit? Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rich,

I didn't replace the Microphor. I had one in my other LXi. That toilet did require maintenance and a rebuild during the time I owned that bus. I was unfamiliar with the Tecma and how it functioned when I bought my present LXi. But it works great! So, having owned both, I would choose a Tecma over a Microphor anytime.

As for fitment, I would presume this LXi was equipped with a Microphor initally and it was replaced with the Tecma by the PO, but I don't know that for sure.

Chuck

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Chuck & Tela Millsap
2003 Prevost Marathon XLII
2000 LXi #2 S/S (Sold)
2004 M380 D/S (Sold)
2000 LXi #1 N/S (Sold
08-20-2013, 13:15
Thanks, Rich. I have added a filter/regulator to the toilet line in the bay, but didn't think of removing the regulator in the toilet. I guess you could just open the toilet regulator to full open, so it wouldn't be a factor.

Morey Zuber
99LXi41
08-20-2013, 13:36
(08-20-2013 13:15)timetravelers Wrote:  Thanks, Rich. I have added a filter/regulator to the toilet line in the bay, but didn't think of removing the regulator in the toilet. I guess you could just open the toilet regulator to full open, so it wouldn't be a factor.

I am on the road now, but the first order of business when I get home is to install a new toilet. This is the one I think may work best,

08-20-2013, 14:25
(08-20-2013 13:53)Bird Owner Wrote:  
(08-20-2013 13:36)G.Kirby Wrote:  
(08-20-2013 13:15)timetravelers Wrote:  Thanks, Rich. I have added a filter/regulator to the toilet line in the bay, but didn't think of removing the regulator in the toilet. I guess you could just open the toilet regulator to full open, so it wouldn't be a factor.

I am on the road now, but the first order of business when I get home is to install a new toilet. This is the one I think may work best,

Since I rebuilt the air/water sequence valve mine has been performing flawlessly. I would seriously consider the Techma if I had to change even though the threads on the RV Net forum talk about sensor problems and no flush issues. Sounds like some of those complaints are operator error in that they don't know the procedure to override a dirty sensor.

I removed the mini regulator in the tank of my '99 because it was leaking, yes it could be left in place and set to max pressure. After the upgrades, I had the toilet system retain air pressure all winter with the air supplies shut down!

My old air/water sequence valve had a crack in the body and air was escaping so I replaced it with a new one. I found out this morning the new sequence valve is defective so another one is on the way. This should fix the problem and I will once again like the toilet. The only way I have been able to evacuate the hopper is to give the handle a quick bump and not open the flapper to get the burst of air to evacuate the hopper.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)