Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
aux battery light flashing
08-19-2013, 19:27
aux battery light flashing
I have a weird problem, everything is fine while driving down the road, but when i stop with the engine running my aux battery light and breakers start flashing and clicking. When i turn my headlights on it stops. its seem like when my batteries are calling for a charge my volts are up and everything is good, when the volt meter hits 0 thats when the light and breakers go crazy! Also if i high idle it stops, has anyone ever ran into this problem?

Rick & Nikki Palmer
2000 43 LXI
2011 rubicon
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-19-2013, 22:24 (This post was last modified: 08-19-2013 22:56 by davidbrady.)
RE: aux battery light flashing
Rick,

There's an 'Aux Batt' signal coming from the back of your 50DN alternator. It's an 18 gauge Yellow/Black wire. I'd check it for tightness. Also check the 'Aux Batt' solenoid, specifically the small gauge control wires and diodes that connect to the coil terminals. You may want to disconnect the diodes and check them with an ohm meter. There's also an 'Aux Batt' relay in the rear electrical box panel in the engine compartment.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
08-20-2013, 19:41 (This post was last modified: 08-20-2013 19:47 by Richard palmer.)
Thanks David i did find one of the diodes to be bad replaced it lasted for a day then started up again i need to check and see if the diodes are still good i did not check the wires yet but i will in the morning do you no which relay i need to check buy the way when everything is clicking the aux batt solenoid
clicks also i replaced it about 3 years ago but could need replaced again never no with these machines just be clear when the problem starts up aux batt light on dash flashes also in the lower relay panel buy the step well a relay in there clicks then the aux batt solenoid back buy the batteries also clicks thanks again for all you help

Rick & Nikki Palmer
2000 43 LXI
2011 rubicon
08-23-2013, 17:40 (This post was last modified: 08-23-2013 17:52 by davidbrady.)
Rick,

At the lower front Dash fuse panel circuit breaker SK9 is labeled "Aux Battery Enable". I'll check my schematics to see if I can see how this relay is wired in. I suspect it's simply toggled by the dash aux batt switch. I'm still thinking that you have a faulty relay or a loose connection somewhere. More likely it's a loose connection at the alternator. Could it be that at idle the engine vibration causes an intermittent signal at a loose connection?

My bus uses two 6A10 diodes to turn on the aux batt feature, one on the house and one on the chassis batteries, and one 1N54 for flyback current at the solenoid, reverse biased.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)