Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wanderlodge Model Fact Sheet
08-23-2013, 22:34 (This post was last modified: 08-23-2013 22:38 by davidbrady.)
Wanderlodge Model Fact Sheet
Here's a great wanderlodge fact sheet that a fellow WaGu member sent to me. This document should be especially useful for folks searching for their new Bird.

.doc  Wanderlodge Fact Sheet.doc (Size: 43.5 KB / Downloads: 1257)

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like davidbrady's post
08-26-2014, 10:11
RE: Wanderlodge Model Fact Sheet
Bump. Folks, this fact sheet is chock full of interesting Wanderlodge data. Have fun! Smile

david brady,

08-26-2014, 10:40
Somebody put some time into that list! That's pretty neat reading.

John Mace
06 450LXi bigger bird
living in the wild hinterlands of the north
free to roam without the man getting me down
09-01-2014, 20:33
That is a great list. Is there any way to put in the stats how many of each model year were built. I know that may not be easy but I am sure some one has the #'s

1991 SP36
2001 Jeep Wrangler toad
Clearwater, Fl
09-02-2014, 10:14 (This post was last modified: 09-02-2014 13:19 by travelite.)
Hi wtwtwtwtwtw,

I could easily import the file into a spreadsheet and add the number manufactured of each model, but no one has that information. The number manufactured is a topic that comes up from time to time. Blue Bird Corp probably knows but they're not talking. The records that Parliament bought at the Wanderlodge liquidation auction may contain the data, but good luck in finding someone with access and time to sift thru it, or the data may have ended up in a dumpster after the closing of the company. Sadly, this is one of the great mysteries of Wanderlodges that will probably never be revealed! Bennie Collier, old time Wandlerlodge employee, once told me there were about 350 LXi's produced, and we know there were 58 M450's produced including two prototypes, and I think we know how many M380's were built. Plus, there were around 4000 Wanderlodges in total from 1963 thru 2009, but as far as the exact counts of each... Good luck! Smile

david brady,

09-02-2014, 13:07 (This post was last modified: 09-02-2014 13:34 by GregOConnor.)
I wonder if there is a spec at power-tec of the number of gensets produced with the unique bb serial number or if it is not unethical ?How many gensets were sold to BB? one other source would be the musical horn folks. it may confirm some of the numbers.

here is a bit of production info from a front axle overweight recall issue. I would bet there is a public number some place registered with the NHTSA may be a good question to post on a hemmings site or something of the like.
snip.... On Nov. 18, an Ottawa County, Mich., jury rendered a verdict that Blue Bird Corporation committed intentional fraud, among other things, in that it knowingly manufactured 57 overweight and dangerous motorhomes and for two years, between 2004-2006, sold them to unsuspecting customers,

http://rvdailyreport.com/industry/jury-f...r-reports/

I still want one

Gregory O'Connor
2001 LXi43ss
Romoland California 92585
951-830-5997
Rainbowrv.com
09-05-2014, 08:40 (This post was last modified: 09-05-2014 08:41 by Itchintogo.)
Interesting. I was not aware that in 1988 they produced a PT36 with a 8V92. That would be a little rocket ship. I have never seen one advertised.

As far as production numbers John Wyatt has a lot of that information I believe. Someone could contact him and see what the numbers were. It would be good to have this information available to the general Bird public.

Gary 82 PT 35 6V92 BC (Sold)
08-01-2015, 07:22
I am truly interested in knowing those production numbers!

"The Wanderers" Cool
Michael & Gary
Damn..... STILL looking, and looking, and looking.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-01-2015, 08:13
Not totally accurate, but hard to do. It lists the 90 and 91 generators as 12.5kw, yet my 90 is a 15kw, and the others that I know of in those years are also 15kw.
08-01-2015, 15:14
(09-02-2014 13:07)GregOConnor Wrote:  I wonder if there is a spec at power-tec of the number of gensets produced with the unique bb serial number or if it is not unethical ?How many gensets were sold to BB? one other source would be the musical horn folks. it may confirm some of the numbers.

here is a bit of production info from a front axle overweight recall issue. I would bet there is a public number some place registered with the NHTSA may be a good question to post on a hemmings site or something of the like.
snip.... On Nov. 18, an Ottawa County, Mich., jury rendered a verdict that Blue Bird Corporation committed intentional fraud, among other things, in that it knowingly manufactured 57 overweight and dangerous motorhomes and for two years, between 2004-2006, sold them to unsuspecting customers,

http://rvdailyreport.com/industry/jury-f...r-reports/

I still want one

Hey Greg,

Interesting link. FYI, after I followed your link, I then read the comments from a 450 owner that suffered a front tire blow out. I did a quick search on her and found the following:
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f61/bluebird-163352.html

She noted the tires were "about 5 years old" but she did not give the size information.

I wonder if all the blowouts have been on the 315 tires? Does anyone know if there have been any blowouts reported with the 365s on a 450?

FWIW.

Mike Bulriss
2001 LXi43 DS
San Antonio, TX

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)