Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Batteries Overcharging Badly
09-07-2013, 11:21 (This post was last modified: 09-07-2013 11:37 by mhughes01.)
RE: Batteries Overcharging Badly
I had replaced the batteries myself in advance of taking it in because it was a two month wait to take it in. We get a short summer here.

There is one other shop here that was already fully booked into September by early May. At the shop I'm at where I normally go, I booked in May for July. Most of the big coach dealers around here have closed, not sure why as we have the most booming economy in the world here in Alberta, but they have.

The reason this all started was because the engine batteries would not charge while driving - they would charge up when plugged in - and I was fed up with having no headlights at the tail end of my 9 hour drive from a lot we own in a resort in southern BC.

Those symptoms already had me thinking alternator or regulator, or both.

I really don't know re #2 what kind of testing they did. Bas to inverters, the manuals are in the coach. I didn't know they had all the settings adjustable until I saw another post from David on this form. I have to look into that.

The alternator that was installed apparently can be "dialed down", but The mechanic said it wasn't enough and said he was also going to replace the new regulator as it might not be working properly.

Mike and Tracy - near Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
1999 43 LXI, "Maddy" - 60 Series Detroit
2006 Jeep Liberty CRD (Diesel) or Jeep Rubicon 4 Down Toad

Rolleyes http://www.challengerwest.com Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Batteries Overcharging Badly - mhughes01 - 09-07-2013 11:21

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)