Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Batteries Overcharging Badly
09-09-2013, 14:09 (This post was last modified: 09-09-2013 14:15 by pgchin.)
RE: Batteries Overcharging Badly
I'm glad you will be getting to go on your trip and did not miss out!!!!Big Grin The diodes as well as the regulator being correctly wired info in this thread would be helpful to them and you......take it with you on your trip as well if you have limited internet access in case you have issues on the trip.
Don't worry about the batteries........run them for an hour or two, then when you pull into a rest area for a break, open up the battery compartment doors and feel the sides of the batteries for "heat".......they should be at ambient temp all the time. An overcharged battery will run hotter than ambient temp. Also I think I read you were running flooded cells, take a flash light and check for wetness around the cell caps of all batteries...... overcharging flooded cells will spew acid and the tops of the batteries around the cell caps will be "wet"....... Most of all ENJOY your trip........we ALL run with issues and a punch list............ nature of the beast!Big GrinTongueAngel
PS FWIW the "default" settings for the inverters is flooded cells so you should be OK............when the panels/ inverters loose power like replacing batteries, disconnects, etc. the inverter settings revert to the default settings.....

Pete and Donna Chin
95 42' WLWB
On The Road Always! :-)
" We'll raise up our glasses against evil forces singing,
Whiskey for my men, and beer for my horses!"
-Toby Keith & Willie Nelson
- The bridge from Toby Keith's title album track "beer for my horses"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Batteries Overcharging Badly - pgchin - 09-09-2013 14:09

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)