Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Batteries Overcharging Badly
09-11-2013, 14:59
RE: Batteries Overcharging Badly
(09-11-2013 05:43)mhughes01 Wrote:  Well she's home. Things appear to be working properly. He double checked diodes - all was good.

Great news Mike. Good luck! While your wife is driving have her glance down at the 'alt batt' switch led. It should be 'on' (glowing green) when the engine is running. When the engine is off she should be able to toggle the switch and see the led come 'on'. If the led toggles 'on' then we can be pretty sure that the engine start circuitry as well as the dash switch are capable of enabling the solenoid. If while driving she finds that the LED is not turned 'on' then have her enable it by throwing the switch. IOWs, you want the 'aux batt' solenoid enabled when the engine is running.

(09-11-2013 05:43)mhughes01 Wrote:  Will have to replace the signal light switch at some point. (Anyone know the part number and a source?)

I've never had to source a turn signal stalk. I'd try a school bus franchise. Holland Motors, Michigan, is usually pretty helpful; ask for their school bus franchise. Please let us know if you come up with a part number.

(09-11-2013 10:37)Bird Owner Wrote:  Mike, My '99LXi43 came with Gel batteries for the house (six) and lead acid (three) for starting. The inverter charger had a "Gel" setting which was and must be selected as the Gel's require a lower voltage for charging. The starting batteries, Group 31 type, were charged at the same voltage as the Gel's using an Xantrex Echo Charger for automatic charging from the main inverter/chargers when shore or generator power was available...

Rich, your Xantrex Echo charger upgrade has been on my ToDo list for far too long. I'd also like to wire one up to my generator start battery.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Batteries Overcharging Badly - davidbrady - 09-11-2013 14:59

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)