Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I've changed my mind about slides....
09-15-2013, 14:09
RE: I've changed my mind about slides....
Al,
I will readily admit those 4 slide H3-45 conversions and 4 slide Newells make my heart go "pitter....patter" EVERY time I see one.......alas my taste-buds suffer from "hobbs disease"..... Champagne taste with a Beer pocketbook so I drink beer"!Big GrinTongueAngel TeeHee!

Pete and Donna Chin
95 42' WLWB
On The Road Always! :-)
" We'll raise up our glasses against evil forces singing,
Whiskey for my men, and beer for my horses!"
-Toby Keith & Willie Nelson
- The bridge from Toby Keith's title album track "beer for my horses"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-22-2013, 03:05 (This post was last modified: 10-23-2013 03:33 by mhughes01.)
I keep hoping to see someone do a conversion on one of those double decker transit buses.

As for slides, and certainly nothing against people who like them, for us, while the room might be nice if we were parked for months on end, it will be a cold day in hell before we personally ever have them. More often than not when I see a super coach in the shop, it's in for slide problems in addition to anything else that's wrong. More machinery to break I feel, and nothing with slides (well maybe a BB) could ever go a million miles with those squeaky, leaky things.

We chose our LXI based on a perfect (for us), non slide floor plan. Two leather couches and a real kitchen table and four chairs, and rich dark cherry hardwood everywhere - none of that shiny white stuff for us - we like ships and wanted a ship style interior. We have a true land yacht with our Bird.

I really wanted a PT40, or an FC, as I just love the look of them, but am pretty happy with the LXI for the most part.

Mike and Tracy - near Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
1999 43 LXI, "Maddy" - 60 Series Detroit
2006 Jeep Liberty CRD (Diesel) or Jeep Rubicon 4 Down Toad

Rolleyes http://www.challengerwest.com Tongue
10-22-2013, 09:50
Hey Mike,

That's what makes the Wanderlodge product line so exceptional. There's something for everyone. I'd never try to convince a dyed-in-the-wool Forward Control owner that he should own a Pusher Tag. This argument can be applied to every increment in the model line up over the years - they all have their niche, their supporters, and their preferred use-case. For me and my family of five you can probably guess where my heart lies! Cheers! Smile

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
[+] 2 users Like davidbrady's post
10-22-2013, 19:23
check out these guys, http://buses101.com/Index.htm
there is even a 90's PT that they installed a slide in

Jim Doel
Perth, Ontario
2007 M380
Stainless Steel
w/26' Featherlight trailer
jimdoel@me.com
10-22-2013, 20:43
David , I see a 450LXI in your future Smile the ultimate challenge ha ha ha

Jim , this site was on one of threads somewhere , I think for 20k I can add a Bedroom slide . who knows maybe a second floor , just like the one Daffy Duck sold to Bugs lol you know the ACME brand . that was some funny TV .

al perna
2000 LXI
ormond beach fla
10-23-2013, 03:22 (This post was last modified: 10-23-2013 03:34 by mhughes01.)
(10-22-2013 09:50)davidbrady Wrote:  Hey Mike,

That's what makes the Wanderlodge product line so exceptional. There's something for everyone. I'd never try to convince a dyed-in-the-wool Forward Control owner that he should own a Pusher Tag. This argument can be applied to every increment in the model line up over the years - they all have their niche, their supporters, and their preferred use-case. For me and my family of five you can probably guess where my heart lies! Cheers! Smile

So true!

We also live up here in "4 months of bad ice fishing" land, so I'm a bit biased about structures that are easier to keep warm! It's not that I don't like the idea of the room of slides - I just already have enough stuff to maintain with our slideless lady. It seems to cost more to keep "right" than my airplanes.

(10-22-2013 19:23)JD33 Wrote:  check out these guys, http://buses101.com/Index.htm
there is even a 90's PT that they installed a slide in

Thanks for the link - really enjoyed the double decker conversion featured there.

Mike and Tracy - near Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
1999 43 LXI, "Maddy" - 60 Series Detroit
2006 Jeep Liberty CRD (Diesel) or Jeep Rubicon 4 Down Toad

Rolleyes http://www.challengerwest.com Tongue
10-24-2013, 10:50
(10-22-2013 20:43)al perna Wrote:  David , I see a 450LXI in your future Smile the ultimate challenge ha ha ha

I just may be up to the challenge Al! Smile

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)