Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I've changed my mind about slides....
09-10-2013, 00:04 (This post was last modified: 09-10-2013 00:07 by cmillsap.)
RE: I've changed my mind about slides....
Corey,

David and I used to "Debate" the advantages & disadvantages of a slide or slides all the time. I was not a big fan of slides because I believed the negatives outweighed the positives, maybe 5 to 1. Tela wanted a bus with a slide. She always was complaining about the inability to pass each other without side-stepping to get pass me and I ain't fat! Also, because our dog 'BuddyT" was always laying in the way and difficult to step over or around due to his size.

So we sold the non-slide LXi and bought a M380 with 2 slides. There were other reasons for sizing down on length like having a 43' length bus and a 42' garage. We came to realize one of the best things about the M380 were the slides. It's amazing how a few extra feet in width can make a bus so much more comfortable. And the M380 fit perfectly in the garage.

As time went by, our plans changed and we eventually needed to sell the home with the bus garage. Since we missed the length of the LXi and all the amenities it provided, we sold the M380. You can bet that the first requirement Tela demanded on another coach was that it had at least a living room slide. We looked at many Prevosts before we bought another LXi but I was just not willing to pay the extremely high premium for a slide versus a non-slide Prevost.

So I'm a convert too. Once you own a bus with a slide and enjoy the extra room, odds are you will not buy another bus without one.

Chuck

Chuck & Tela Millsap
2003 Prevost Marathon XLII
2000 LXi #2 S/S (Sold)
2004 M380 D/S (Sold)
2000 LXi #1 N/S (Sold
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: I've changed my mind about slides.... - cmillsap - 09-10-2013 00:04

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)