Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multifocal Contact Lenses
09-09-2013, 19:07 (This post was last modified: 09-09-2013 19:10 by davidbrady.)
Multifocal Contact Lenses
I gave up wearing soft contact lenses years ago because I didn't want to compromise my closeup vision. (Correcting my nearsightedness slightly diminishes my closeup vision). The idea of a nearsighted lens in one eye and a farsighted lens in the other never appealed to me. Today my optometrist suggested multifocal lenses. I have to say I'm impressed! With these lenses my closeup vision is sharp as ever and my faraway vision is good and with time getting better. Apparently I'm sampling the "simultaneous lens" which require a bit of brain adaptation. (I don't have the original containers so I can't say exactly what I'm using). I read online that with "simultaneous lens" the contact presents both nearsighted and farsighted portions of the lens to the pupil at the same time; the brain gets to choose which to look thru. Maybe someone can better explain this (Arcticdude?). With brain/vision adaptation I'm a little concerned about swapping between my eyeglasses and my contact lenses on a day over day basis; I'll let you know how it goes. So far so good! Smile

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"I don't like being wrong, but I really hate being right"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes davidbrady's post

Messages In This Thread
Multifocal Contact Lenses - davidbrady - 09-09-2013 19:07
RE: Multifocal Contact Lenses - RetDA - 09-10-2013, 09:52
RE: Multifocal Contact Lenses - RetDA - 09-10-2013, 10:39

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)